Receiving "DirectSound" error

FlyAndFight

I've recently started getting the error shown below. I have not made any edits, updates, changes to the Katana in FSX between the time that the error started to appear and prior to it not appearing.

After the Katana is selected in the Free Flight window, the error will appear after the aircraft finishes loading. The error also pops up after I end the flight and have returned to the Free Flight window. I click "OK" and the error will pop back up a couple of more times and then stops appearing. I can continue with the flight without a problem, but once I end the flight and I'm back in the Free Flight window, it will pop back up.

I did a forum search for "direct sound", directsound, wav and wave errors, etc., and nothing came up, so I'm posting here to see if it's a unique problem on my system or has popped up before with other users.

by the way, I also played the actual wav file and it played and sounded fine. It didn't appear to have a problem in that regard.

error1n.th.jpg

error2lh.th.jpg

Does the awkward cycle of reinstalling the plane with antivirus off, Win UAC off and right click 'run as admin' help?

Another general approach would be to check the Directx installation. That web installer checks if it's current. http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

If your sound device has current drivers then maybe some 'enhancement' mode prevents the ingame gauge to work correctly. Can you try a run with e. g. a setting of 2 speaker stereo only, without any 3D or surround items enabled?

I've recently started getting the error shown below. I have not made any edits, updates, changes to the Katana in FSX between the time that the error started to appear and prior to it not appearing.

After the Katana is selected in the Free Flight window, the error will appear after the aircraft finishes loading. The error also pops up after I end the flight and have returned to the Free Flight window. I click "OK" and the error will pop back up a couple of more times and then stops appearing. I can continue with the flight without a problem, but once I end the flight and I'm back in the Free Flight window, it will pop back up.

I did a forum search for "direct sound", directsound, wav and wave errors, etc., and nothing came up, so I'm posting here to see if it's a unique problem on my system or has popped up before with other users.

by the way, I also played the actual wav file and it played and sounded fine. It didn't appear to have a problem in that regard.

error1n.th.jpg

error2lh.th.jpg

Hello,

I have this message from time to time but only when I shutdown FSX...

Regards,

Richard Portier

Thanks for the suggestions, CoolP. I'll try them out and post the results here. I forgot to mention that I'm running WinXP and not Win7.

Hello Richard. Interesting to see someone else that is getting the same message as well. Thanks for the info!