Reveal the Feature Competition - Service Points!

MarcelFelde

Ok good hints there. But for me they can be tricky, because when I think on places, what I remember is the local weather and how it can affect the Katana!!!! not fair! hehehehehe

Tropics=Hot and Humid

Rusty elements

If is too hot, it can melt! hahahaha! I know that I can't fly since there is a risk of disintegration (old feature) but if I leave it alone... BTW has someone try this feature yet? I mean, tying to fly when the temperature is +50C?

Condensation on the electronics??

The paint work degradation.... well it doesn't affect its systems. :(

Radio frequencies?

ok... no more guesses from me, tonight I will find out!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely enough, this does not affect the systems in a very deep way but every time I load it in a different location with a different plane, the chart cover on the seat seems to change. This would coincide with the geographic, non animal or weather, not user initiated and on the ground hints. Once I had Berlin, once Frankfurt (even though I was in Hawaii) and the key tag color is different on some models too. I don't know if the magazine changes since it seems to have been stolen (I get a big black spot where the magazine once was) but if the magazine changes then that might be it? Or is it the changing chart?

Regards,

MJ O`Donnell

Hello,

I think it is a damage of the propeller and engine due to taxiing on a rough meadow. For example if using a glider location without taxiways and aproms.

Could there sometimes holes be generated - even though FSX don't know such mesh?

Lore

The plane "D-EDAC" has it's registration written on the key and the cockpit-surfice left-hand (on yellow surfice), not in center, like some others.

The plane "G-BXMZ" has it's registration written on the key and the cockpit-surfice right-hand

Most planes have no number on the key

"D-ENIC" has it on the key as well

and all the skratches and bumps vary from plane to plane like the exakt position of the registration-sighns

best regards

Peter

Next hint (#8): Very few and special locations the Katana can be found at regulary.

Hint #10 will be the answer and I will get the price. :D

I assume that no one has met the feature yet so you should think about it, get an idea and test it out in the simulator!

I go to LLMZ where the altitude is -1262.3 feet, although it is below the mean sea level, but the altimeter remains 0 feet no matter how I adjust the Kohlsman, it seems negative readings is not possible to prevent misread.

Then I change the aircraft to the default 172 and I found the altimeter can be set below 0 again.

post-13269-0-97167900-1320311653_thumb.j

I tried some "special locations" and moved the DA20 around at London/Ontario, Wiener Neustadt/Ost (both Diamond Aircraft factory sites) and Egelsbach (Diamond branch office in Germany).

When reaching a certain area on these airfields, where the Diamond Aircraft Buildings are supposed to be nearby I got a Pop-up message asking me "Should the aircraft be maintained?" giving me the choice between yes an no.

When selecting yes I could see the maintenance work going on: the cowling gets removed after some seconds and the toolbox and the oil sump show up one after the other.

Kind regards,

Ulrich

I haven't tried this, as I'm not well enough to fly right now, but my last guess is this:

The aircraft tie downs are different in some way depending on where you are at these "Special Locations" Maybe Blocks at one place, Tyres at another, Spikes or anchors maybe?

damet i dident think of that, i think we have a winer as i thik it meets all the hints. as a few places and the planes have to be maintained in a regular basis, and an effect we cant directly enable... but lets se..

I tried some "special locations" and moved the DA20 around at London/Ontario, Wiener Neustadt/Ost (both Diamond Aircraft factory sites) and Egelsbach (Diamond branch office in Germany).

When reaching a certain area on these airfields, where the Diamond Aircraft Buildings are supposed to be nearby I got a Pop-up message asking me "Should the aircraft be maintained?" giving me the choice between yes an no.

When selecting yes I could see the maintenance work going on: the cowling gets removed after some seconds and the toolbox and the oil sump show up one after the other.

Kind regards,

Ulrich

Congratulations! You got it! :clapping_s:

The maintenance takes some time, but you will get your aircraft back in very good condition,

even with an oil grade that is not available due normal options.

Btw, there are two more servicing areas at one fictional airport available... ;)

Very good! Congratulations, Ulrich. But Marcel was pretty close to winning too. :lol:

At least we can now have normal sleeping nights again, without having to wonder about the feature all the time. So thanks from my girlfriend too.