Maximum activations reached (HueyX)

marcb

Hi there,

Today I was reinstalling FSX, and when going through all my add-ons of FSX I also wanted to install the HueyX. To my surprise though, the Aerosoft launcher doesn't want to activate my product because I reached the maximum number of registrations. What gives?

I'm a bit stumped actually. My main reason to keep bying from Aerosoft is because I did not have to go through help requests to install something I paid for like so many other online stores do. Does this mean now that from now on Aerosoft products are going to use this same policy where we have to beg to be able to reinstall a product we paid for?

I'm all in favour of security measures to prevent illegal copying and such, but please, allow me to reinstall as many times as I want. You guys also know that under certain conditions Windows is definitely not the most stable OS out there, and warrants a reinstall every now and then to keep your system properly running.

I work with lots of software packages that at times conflict. I have to try out lots of different software that at times ruins my system beyond repair. Sure, backup is your friend, but those get corrupted (again, thanks to Microsoft) at times. And no, I cannot afford the whole list of anti virus software, backup software, registry cleaners, etc. on top of an already expensive OS (the most expensive on the market as a matter of fact). So clean installs of my system are eminent, and also reinstalls of all the software I use, including your add-ons for FSX.

Please, do online activation as much as you want, but don't limit it. Check the IP from where it is requested for all I care, but please do not force us to get in touch with support every 5 installs of a product. That really makes dealing with reinstalls that are already challenging at times, a real chore.

Anyway, so much for my plea. How do I get the reactivations to be reset so that I can reinstall my HueyX?

Marc

Yes, the drm stuff sometimes sucks but you should not use your personal using computer as a software testbed like this. If you work with constant reinstalls of SO and any other softs and can´t aford another machine to do that, you can allways use VMWare Player (It´s FREE), and you don´t have to reintall anything anymore. I bought the huey in it´s lauch and i´m on my second activation now due a hardware failure.

Anyway, i´m sure aerosoft will take care of your problem asap.

I'm a bit stumped actually. My main reason to keep bying from Aerosoft is because I did not have to go through help requests to install something I paid for like so many other online stores do. Does this mean now that from now on Aerosoft products are going to use this same policy where we have to beg to be able to reinstall a product we paid for?

Hi Marc,

Don't worry Aerosoft is not one of these developers you're thinking of. This is just done to prevent someone from loading the software into the web. If there's a limited number of registrations nobody would have use of this.

Anyway, so much for my plea. How do I get the reactivations to be reset so that I can reinstall my HueyX?

Marc

You need to write a mail to support@aerosoft.com and they'll give you a new number of installations. That won't take that long as Aerosoft is usually pretty fast in handeling such requests.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll send a mail to support then.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big supporter and fan of Aerosoft. I think they do amazing work and have the right mindset. This online activation thing did make my eyebrows raise though. I've always had the opinion that when I buy a product it is mine to use from that moment onward.

What if their servers are down, the net does not work, the backbone I use to access the internet fails, etc. I won't be able to activate my product anymore. And when it comes to piracy, even registering online is easy to bypass, so technically it does not add security at all. It just makes a bit more difficult for those with bad intentions.

Anyway, one of my main reasons for liking Aerosoft is that they don't make you pay for extra downloads, they have great support overall, do nice products and don't shun away from doing something no one has done before. I like that.

I just hope the whole online activation thing is not going to be the norm. What I paid for is for me to use, and I will always insist that at all times I can reinstall, no matter what service is not working. I don't pay for something I 'might' be able to use, 'if' everything works. To me, that just is not good enough.

But that's just me.

Thanks again for your replies, I'll send an email to support.

Cheers!

If at any point the Aerosoft activation system were to fail on a `permanent` rather than `minor inconvenience` basis, then there are alternatives to activate a product licence you bought and paid for.

Until then, I think it only right and proper that Aerosoft safeguard the Many from the activities of the Few by refreshing activations on a `per person` basis.

And BTW, re-read the EULA you acknowledged when you installed the product, (or else you could not have activated it even the once):

As with all software you NEVER own it, only the right to use it within the confines of the Agreement you signed up to.

Pedantically, what you are proposing here is to change the Terms & Conditions under which you made your financial arrangement with the Publisher or Developer, so technically it is you who is in breach of contract...

Your option is to accept or not accept those conditions at the point of purchase, and then again at the point of installation. I suspect you did what almost all of us do, which is to just rush to check the `accept` box so you can get on with the installation.

You might want to curb your enthusiasm if you truly believe as you state as your actions are in contradiction of your stated beliefs, and you should have NO aftermarket addons installed in FSX.

Or FSX installed at all.

Or an Operating System on your computer...

I think you get the point! :chairfall_s: