X-Plane 10 preview

Guest GoncaloCarvalhoPT

http://www.x-plane.com/

Keep in mind that this is NOT the version we will sell, our version has a lot of additional content and will be a much later, bug fixed, version.

No problem Mathijs, I'm waiting for the beautiful version from you guys. :bow_down2_s:

Guest GoncaloCarvalhoPT

http://www.x-plane.com/

Keep in mind that this is NOT the version we will sell, our version has a lot of additional content and will be a much later, bug fixed, version.

Hallo Mathijs,

I wonder which OS that X-Plane runs better? Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit) or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit). As you know FSX is compatible with 32-bit but needs a 64-bit for memory issues :(. I'm an owner of a Macbook Pro (OS X Lion) and I'm testing at this moment. Lately I will post my review about this beautiful simulator on this topic. Looks stunning!!!!! :bow_down2_s:

Hi Gonçalo,

I have also a MBP mid-2011 with the i7 2.3Ghz, 8GB Ram and a 500GB SSD... is Xplane running on your MBP with some good autogen and smooth fps ?

already placed my order in the aerosoft store. i'm patient for these additions. :)

Guest GoncaloCarvalhoPT

Better my friend, runs smoothly ... my Macbook is like yours ... same season ... :D

But be careful, X-Plane as to much things to offer and our Macs are waiting for the final version. I figure it out that I found some bugs like some objects on the middle of the runway ... :( but the realism is very impressive ... Lately I will post a complete review about Macbook Pro OS X Lion running X-Plane 10. Keep in touch ;)

because the "non torrent" download from the x plane site seems to be overloaded i can advise to use the "Azureus" torrent client to download the demo.

it is really much faster than the µ torrent, i used before. (est. download time in µ torrent was 30 hrs, in azureus i finished the download in 40 min.)

because the "non torrent" download from the x plane site seems to be overloaded i can advise to use the "Azureus" torrent client to download the demo.

it is really much faster than the µ torrent, i used before. (est. download time in µ torrent was 30 hrs, in azureus i finished the download in 40 min.)

Yes but how does it work?...how do you get the URL to get the download?

What a disapointment..... even with a brand new Macbook Pro i7 2.3 8MB cache, an SSD and a 1 MB ATI card that runs FSX with the PMDG 737 and Xplane 9.70 just very very fine..... I am not able of getting more than 5 fps in Xplane 10 (which is unplayable)... and this is with most option on default..... the 747 looking at KSEA is 2 fps...

There's no point spitting on FSX during 5 years to launch (again and again) a flight simulator which is absolutely not optimized.

What a disapointment..... even with a brand new Macbook Pro i7 2.3 8MB cache, an SSD and a 1 MB ATI card that runs FSX with the PMDG 737 and Xplane 9.70 just very very fine..... I am not able of getting more than 5 fps in Xplane 10 (which is unplayable)... and this is with most option on default..... the 747 looking at KSEA is 2 fps...

There's no point spitting on FSX during 5 years to launch (again and again) a flight simulator which is absolutely not optimized.

I have just tried with my desktop : i7 860 @ 3.6ghz, SSD Intel X-25M 160GB, GTX 580, 8GB Ram.... reaching a hard 13-14.... the game is absolutely not smooth....

Well, shame on me I buried FSX too early.... Welcome back FSX !

Another question: Will the 3 airports (Nice, Faro, Paderborn) also allow the X-Plane feature of "sloped runways"?

Because if so there should no big problem to "convert" other great AS-sceneries into XP10.

I would really love to see ELLX Luxembourg for example (has a very amazing sloped runway in real life).

Regards,

Immanuel

Hello Corsairvc3,

well if it should not be that big problem ;) you belive you woudnt have all teh sceneries yet?

They nearby complet new designed and yes we working on stuf like sloped runways... for all the airports.

Greets

Fabian

.. if you could also have a look at the whole game so we can enjoy it with smooth framerates..... reminds me of FSX when it launched and when I was getting 10 fps with my new high end system...

• Upvote 1

Hello Corsairvc3,

well if it should not be that big problem ;) you belive you woudnt have all teh sceneries yet?

They nearby complet new designed and yes we working on stuf like sloped runways... for all the airports.

Thank you so much Fabian,

sounds great!

Take care,

Immanuel

Yup ... GMT time. Keep in touch ;)

Hello Goncalo,

I can't run XP10 with my MBP and I really don't know why... what are your FPS and settings please ?

thanks

Greg

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have just tried with my desktop : i7 860 @ 3.6ghz, SSD Intel X-25M 160GB, GTX 580, 8GB Ram.... reaching a hard 13-14.... the game is absolutely not smooth....

You should look at your settings and see what the culprit is.

If I run it at default settings (as it came after installation, and resolution 1920x1080) XP10 runs very smooth at around 35-40 fps and looks good.

If I turn on HDR the frame rate goes down till around 25 fps.

Its only a beta...and you have to configure XP10 it correctly to your computer!...it will take two our three months to get the settings right, but go back to FSX if you can't be bothered

not initially. may come somwhere within the version 10 run. What we see now is a base for a sim that will be evolving for at least 4-5 years.

It's also right that it does take some time to find the settings one wants - even for me, whose now uses x-plane for many years. just take some time and trial and error, don't give up too easily after trying the 10 min demo once or twice.