X-Plane 10 preview

Hi pao, aerosoft is only adding scenery. They are not modifying the X-Plane executable. So the disc requirement will not change.

Are you on the development team? If not then I'd make it clear that you are only speculating, there is nothing stopping them using the Aerosoft Launcher system that they use to protect FS Add-ons these days, again though that is only speculation on my part, but I would certainly prefer it to wearing out my Disk and DVD drive mechanism. Aerosoft certainly have made a lot of installers over the years.

Hi,

I really hope to be in the right forum for this:

Will there be a way of downloading XP10 or at least being able to turn the demo in a full version without the whole world, when I pre-ordered (and willingly paid) for XP10?

Asking because I am about to order it from aerosoft also, when it means I won't be able to play before february 2012!

Thanks in advance!

XP 10 seems to be very depending on GPU. I have tested it on a Windows 7 64bit PC, AMD quad core processor @2.9 GHz. CPU usage was about 10% on each core, GPU usage was 100% all the time (Radeon 4200 HD). Frame rate: 1-2 fps, no matter, if the settings were very low or very high. Hopefully, they'll improve that maybe even before Aerosoft releases its version. They could maybe switch some tasks from the GPU to the CPU?

BTW: 0 AI planes

Are you on the development team? If not then I'd make it clear that you are only speculating, there is nothing stopping them using the Aerosoft Launcher system that they use to protect FS Add-ons these days, again though that is only speculation on my part, but I would certainly prefer it to wearing out my Disk and DVD drive mechanism. Aerosoft certainly have made a lot of installers over the years.

You currently cannot bypass the verification routines through the SDK they would have to provide those hooks.

XP 10 seems to be very depending on GPU. I have tested it on a Windows 7 64bit PC, AMD quad core processor @2.9 GHz. CPU usage was about 10% on each core, GPU usage was 100% all the time (Radeon 4200 HD). Frame rate: 1-2 fps, no matter, if the settings were very low or very high. Hopefully, they'll improve that maybe even before Aerosoft releases its version. They could maybe switch some tasks from the GPU to the CPU?

I feel your pain, but your plea makes me chuckle a little- for years people have been complaining about flightsims being too CPU-centric! I'm not sure of the age of your gpu, an upgrade might be in store.

I really hope they aren't using that brain-dead disc in the drive "protection". It has to be the worst scheme ever invented - all it does is inconvenience legitimate users; it certainly doesn't slow down or stop the pirates one bit, and probably encourages legitimate owners to find a cracked version in order to save their precious disc1 (which is exactly what 99% of FS9 users did...).

• Aerosoft

The protection we will use is the same as X-Plane always used. But I think there will be an option to use a USB key as well.

The protection we will use is the same as X-Plane always used. But I think there will be an option to use a USB key as well.

What does that involve? Do I have to buy a particular key from Aerosoft or can the files be upload onto a key I already own?

• Aerosoft

That's seriously weird though X-Plane for sure likes CPU cores more then any other simulator. For now I would not worry as a lot of optimizing is going on right now and your experiences are most certainly not normal. X-Plane is about double as efficient as FSX is in the display of a single polygon, but the flight modeling takes more resources then it does in FSX. But overall per shown object it is a lot faster.

BUT.... in X-Plane 10 it is very easy to ask it to show tens of thousands of objects as the whole world is many times more complex then in FSX. X-Plane shows the rural roads around the small French village I live it. FSX hardly knows about France, lol.

Tim I suppose it depends on how much they are going to charge for these dongles, I dare say there is a licensing cost involved to Laminar and looking at the prices of the Dongles for the FAA certified versions of the sim I bet they aren't cheap.

• Aerosoft

No most likely not cheap. but the DVD protection has proven to be reasonably secure and for me it seems to be no bother. I got the cheapest dvd drive possible, plugged it into SATA, dropped the disk in and forgot about it. $18 and you are done.

There is an even better, more simple option to the "DVD 1 issue". Problem is that Laminar does not like that's it talked about it, because it MIGHT also be a way for pirates to do their thing. However it is 100% legal for personal use. I won't mention it for said reasons, Mathijs could do this himself if Aerosoft want to give the hint. But as a matter of fact everybody using a PC/MAC should come up with the idea very easily himself. So before getting angry about the DVD, think about what you can do with it.

Laminar put out a few USB dongles for XP9 and they sold very well, So i expect them for XP10 as a few computers now don't have the dvd drives, like Mathijs said you could just buy a cheap one and plug it it in, but the dongle is a better way to go and i will push very hard for them from Laminar as I need one.

Stupid.... like the way I crashed my machine with their software (all this cloud, virtuali kind of protections...I don't know what....)

I have replaced their Zurich scenery by the Aerosoft one.... much better and much simpler....

I don"t like Fsdreamteam.

The issue with X-Plane is it has always been a moving target, with each point release adding new features and possibly breaking old ones

wrong.

you couldn't use a photoreal scenery made by developer A, together with an airport made by developer B, if they cover the same area.

wrong.

Oh well. They'll learn.