Autobrakes

geoffco

Hi Aerosoft!

I have been hunting around for a way to make my braking experience a little more realistic and have been looking at autobrake systems that are a little more advanced than the FS9 default... (also because I am re-building my Boeing 717-200 panel now having been kindly allowed in the cockpit of a real one yesterday where I saw that several of the gauges I have built were not quite placed right!)

Anyway, I have found several references to something called "Aerosoft FSX-FS9 Autobrake TSR" but I cannot find anything further than a couple of screenshots and then a bunch of dead links. Nothing on the online shop etc... Does this product exist, does it (as implied by the screenshots) allow you to make a nice interface for your panel with the AB switch and anti-skid etc and then control the braking fron FSUIPC? Also, does it interact with FDC Live Cockpit in the correct way - ie. the FO can set the AB on approach??

Lots of questions.... I hope somebody can enlighten me about this!

Cheers,

Geoff

Ok, having searched with google I found several posts in this forum (which the forums own search did not find!!!) saying that the product is discontinued. So my question changes to this: what do I do to get weather dependant braking performance? Surely it can't be that complex to code something that limits the available braking power based on the aircraft weight and ambient weather conditions, so is there any other product out there??

Geoff

As there is no change in perceived coefficient of friction on supposedly wet surfaces in FSX, that might (will) be impossible. The ambient weather has no effect on friction. FSX simplistically defines friction by surface, NOT surface condition.

It would therefore fall to a gauge within each individual aircraft type that responded correctly to proportional changes in aircraft weight, CG and loadout relative to the centre of mass. Then adjusted individually based on weather conditions.

Frankly, it is that complex...

Fair enough. I though that it should be possible to 'work backwards' and modulate the autobrake max braking action by changing the brake effectiveness scalar 'on the fly' or using a gauge to limit the brake axis travel. I played about with the latter idea a bit last night and come to the conclusion that it is, indeed, somewhat more complicated!

(In doing that I managed to get an automated deployment of RTO braking working though so it wasn't a wasted effort!)

Geoff