Approaching Innsbruck 1.20 ctd

Jens Michlas

post-23475-0-95303900-1318801752_thumb.j

I have tried for a couple of times to Approach Innsbruck in a Austrian PMDG 737 NGX. But just before Approach CTD.

So I wrote a big forum post http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic40409_post237119.html#237119

So now new theory.

I even went back to and to an old driver today Forceware 275.33. But just when I put the nav1 rwy 08 109.70 to active, and the plane and FSX processed it, FSX CTD

And yesterday the same happened. When FSX relates to the nav 1 it CTD. I think when the game related to the nav1 it CTD. Funny thing thought both time fps 15,5.

Looking forward to the answer.

All the best

Jens Michlas

Frederiksberg, Copenhagen DK

This is a good approach... I never have taken UTX into consideration about these crashes ....

Unfortunately I have had the g3d.dll crashes solved with LOWI1.2, but since a few weeks I got a crash every time again.

Really frustrating!

I have tested so much with this error I don't want to do this any more...

Nuno,

occure these errors only with NGX?

Have you tried enabling the "Missing Library Alert" in your FSX.cfg (you only need that one - not the textures or triggers:<pre class="prettyprint">[sCENERY]// Alert for missing objectsMissingLibraryAlert=1</pre>

Maybe things have changed after NGX Hotfix4????

I really have no clue!

Oh, this is a shame. I have quite a few Aerosoft sceneries and really like them. I was just about to purchase 'Approaching Innsbruck', for use with the NGX, when I spotted this thread.

Not sure I understand what's being said here. Is it an Aerosoft issue, or a UT issue?

Much as I really would like the Innsbruck addon, I'm not willing to sacrifice UTEu to do so.

Anyone found any kind of work-around for this issue?

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Phil, it is hard to give any recommendations on this issue. In the German section there was a very long thread about this and there was not a 100% solution. Many people like me had never a CTD, regardless of their settings and the aircraft using. There were a lot of sugestions, like lowering the LOD to FSX default, using lower water settings. Then Gianni, the developer ,came up with ver. 1.2 solving most of the CTDs but he also couldn't give a 100% guarantee. But suddenly it appears again, like in the case of "Guenseli" (see post #13).

So this problem seems to be one of the mysteries of FSX that could never be resolved. Seems as if FSX gets somehow/sometimes overloaded due to what reason ever and crashes with a CTD. There was a similar thread on the Orbx forum where some people experienced CTDs in a certain area, while others didn't. And at the end there was also no 100% solution.

I know this is not an answer that is really satisfying. I never had these problems (with Innsbruck and Orbx) although my system spec are not high end and I would say it is common sense that problems like these have never a single point of failure, but are a combination of many different parameter. So maybe you'll be lucky too and will never eyperience at Innsbruck.

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, it HAS to do with UTx somehow. Even when properly setup it crashes. Saying bye-bye to UTx until i solve this :(

Hi Nuno,

I am suffering same problem.

I tried to disable UTX Europe trough the UTx Setup Tool but error comes again.

Could you please be so kind to specify here the entries for UTx EU you deactivated in the FSX scenery in order not to get the CTD?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Ciao

Fabio

Well in genaral start whit it compleatly off i mean disable it from inside FSX to make sure its off, as there is no need for using the GEX, UTX to set it default as you might want it for other destinations, and for testing. well i cant say whit the latest version of LOWI and UTX+GEX as so far i havent had a CTD but testing was limited, some approaches and a flight from Bornholm.

If it then work try enable UT Exclusions For Default Scenery as this gave me some problems at faro not CTD but had an effect on the terrain where it excluded some of the Aerosoft stuff even whit faro on top of all others in the priority. so im not sayeing it might be something there as i havent tryeid it at LOWI just a start point :-)

Well I deactivated every voice regarding UTx in FSX scenery but I am still getting the g3d.dll CTD about 18nm from touch down...

Very sad for this :( I love LOWI

Is there any other test I could do?

Thanks in advance

Fabio

Well I deactivated every voice regarding UTx in FSX scenery but I am still getting the g3d.dll CTD about 18nm from touch down...

Very sad for this :( I love LOWI

Is there any other test I could do?

Thanks in advance

Fabio

Hello Fabian,

Try doing the same flight at midnight, also try doing the flight with a default aircraft.

well i have spend the most of the day testing, as i havent tryeid edit the LOD to 8.5000000 before, But whit this edit whit out GEX and UTX i can get the FSX to Crash on my test system all the time 0.5 nm from OEV16 or if i remove OEV 16 it would happen at OEV 18 insted.. in the 737NGX but only during day time at night it seemed to run throu.. as futher test i tryeid my md80 during day no problem either whit the default B737...

After some test I let sim rebuild the FSX.cfg file.

I applied then to the new cfg file my tweaks as follows:

[Display]

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120

WideViewAspect=True

ForceFullScreenVSync=True

ForceVSync=True

[Main]

HideInfoText=1

DisablePreload=1

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

and now problem seems solved.

I am running again fully UTX and NGX without any CTD's in LOWI at all.

Hope this can help.

Regards,

Fabio

there's a thread on AVSIM about G3D.dll and Pete Dowson jumped in last days and try to find a solution.

Test already running..

Maybe affected people could have a look there and test and help...

btw: this is a very long thread, endless tests and discussions, but the conlusion overall is, that you can't blame a specific developer.

There are some internal FSX bugs it seems...

there's a thread on AVSIM about G3D.dll and Pete Dowson jumped in last days and try to find a solution.

Test already running..

Maybe affected people could have a look there and test and help...

btw: this is a very long thread, endless tests and discussions, but the conlusion overall is, that you can't blame a specific developer.

There are some internal FSX bugs it seems...

Well, almost right, when developers deliver some package's with a lot's missing guid's in it, then i must say we can blame the developer for not deliver what they should!!!

Brgds

Stein-Ove

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, almost right, when developers deliver some package's with a lot's missing guid's in it, then i must say we can blame the developer for not deliver what they should!!!

Brgds

Stein-Ove

But this is NOT the general reason for g3d.dll CTDs !!!!!! How many times must this be explained! :rolleyes:

But this is NOT the general reason for g3d.dll CTDs !!!!!! How many times must this be explained! :rolleyes:

I have NOT said this is the reason me either, but as a customer, who pays for this product's, at least i can get a product without this fault's, it's not so hard for developer to check this kind of faults before lining up a new product. C'mon... :lightbulb_s:

Stein-Ove

Hello;

I've had the simular CTD when flying the PMDG B 737 ngx to innsbruck,I also have the I fly B 737 ngx,I haven't had a CTD with the I fly B 737,I have Ground Environment X installed,also Switzerland X.I also have both texture inhancements for the Fsx cfg.and have Rex Overdrive installed.Its strange

I'm having to reinstall the PMDG B 737 for another reason,but will try this again,oh yea,I'm only using the anti-aliasung setting from the video card,not from Fsx.I have an ATI video card.

Mark