Scenery bgl files renamed?

panadar

I recently purchased Keflavik for FSX and upgraded my Nice airport to to the latest version for FSX. Since i just purchased the Keflavik airport, and test flying it(it was beautiful) I decided to fly into that scenery with my VA. I was quite shocked (and VERY upset) to see nothing but MS default scenery! So, after i shut down FSX and submitted my flight report, I decided to look at the scenery folder. I noticed that ALL of my *.bgl flies had another extension added called *.blob. This has happened to my updated nice airport scenery files as well. I had to reinstall Nice. As I thought it might be a one time thing, I didn't think too much of it. But, this has happened to two of my airports. Now, I would like to find a solution to the problem so that my airport scenery files are not getting renamed,and causing me to manually rename them or reinstall the scenery. Any ideas on what to do to stop the process of my scenery bgl files spontaneously being renamed with the *.blob extension? Thanks in advance.

yep! I most certainly did! in fact i had a problem with the Nice scenery as well. Could running the activator be the problem?

Another customer had there file names changed in thee forlder before and was given this extension.

Let me try to find out why this might occur, in the meantime un0install the scenery and delete the folder so all files are removed and then re-install and reactivate with the latest version of the Aerosoft Launcher.

All files were renamed to *.blob? I can't see how the launcher could do such a thing. Try to uninstall the addon, then manually delete the folder and files if still existent, then reinstall.

• 2 months later...

I just updated all my GAP2 to the 2012 version. All airports are ok except EDDK and EDLW - the scenery folders have many BGL files with .blob added to them and the scenery is totally unusable. What do I do? I have the latest launcher. It's funny that even new sceneries have an older version of the launcher embedded in them than the one I have installed and I suspect this may be a culprit? Why do you stick an older launcher in a new scenery file? Why put a launcher routine install at all? If you arern't going to put the latest launcher in the newest scenery, then this causes a lot of problems and takes a lot of time to sort out both for the end user and the support team. Can you not simply make the launcher a mandatory, yet totally separate install routine?This will eliminate a heap of problems.

It just happens to be the way I solved launcher issues in the past - I go and fetch the latest launcher BEFORE I put in a new scenery, then I run it after the install finishes. I DO believe the launcher is causing these problems regardless of what anyone says because in all the years I've purchased sceneries from Aerosoft, I NEVER had a problem until the launcher was included in a scenery. Every install used to be seamless and perfect. BTW - I have bought nearly every single scenery that Aerosoft makes. Have a look at my account.

Before I updated, all these older sceneries were beautiful. Now I can't fly anywhere near them at all.

Still, I await an answer to fix EDDK and EDLW regardless of my thoughts as to the launcher (at least for me I believe causes me too many hassles as it is now).

Thanks,

Bill

Hello Bill,

Install the sceneries if it wants to install the launcher and there is no option let it do so but do not activate the sceneries. Then when done install the latest launcher then activate all your sceneries.