Balearic Islands "Season Tool"

Rusty flyer

Hi there,

With regard to the Balearic Islands package, I see that there is a utility called "Season Tool" included in the program's group. The link thereto [from the Windows Start Menu] is broken, and the program link's target seeks to find the season.exe utility application in the principal Aerosoft directory. I actually located the season.exe application in the ...Aerosoft\Menorca X SC subdirectory, and I was able to redefine the target (I placed a copy of the season.exe application file in the originally-intended ...Aerosoft parent directory) so that the Season Tool command now successfully opens the utility. I also made a link to the season.exe command that resides in the ...Aerosoft\Menorca X SC subdirectory where the Balearic installation process originally installed it too.

My question is this: Inasmuch as I located the season.exe application in the Menorca X SC directory and not in the principal Aerosoft directory that the original link was originally targeting, does the Season Tool utility apply only to Menorca, or was it intended to apply to all islands in the Balearic package? Is it possible, inasmuch as the target was originally seeking to find the season.exe utility in the principal Aerosoft directory, that the utility applies to *all* Aerosoft sceneries that might reside in the Aerosoft directory (eg: Andras Field, Corfu X, etc) as well?

Thanks a bunch, Rusty

Hello Rusty,

The season tool only works with some sceneries but not all, hence the folder you found it in, if you start it it should tell you which sceneries it should affect.

Ok, thank you Shaun.

As I had indicated, the Balearic package installed the Season Tool shortcut with a broken link that was targeting the season.exe file in the wrong directory, in a directory where it was not actually located. The installation process had it targeting season.exe in the ...FSX\Aerosoft parent directory. It was not there. The Balearic installation process actually installed season.exe in the Menorca X SC subdirectory. Therefore, I created a new shortcut to the season.exe utility for where it had actually been situated- in the Menorca X SC subdirectory. Now, when I click on the Season Tool shortcut, it targets the season.exe file in the Menorca X SC subdirectory and sucessfully opens the utility. However, none of my Aerosoft sceneries are listed in the "Support for... Aerosoft's" box. In fact, nothing is listed in there, the box is totally blank.

All my [Aerosoft] sceneries seem to be working properly. Could the anomaly whereby no scenery is listed have something to do with the Balearic installation process having initially created an inappropriate shortcut target to the program? Should the installation process have placed the season.exe utility file in the Aerosoft parent directory as the created shortcut had indicated by its target? Or should the target have been towards the Menorca X SC subdirectory where the installation process had actually situated the season.exe file?

Is this perhaps a problem with the Balearic package and not with the individual Menorca package? Just trying to figure out why my Aerosoft Season Tool seems not to be locating or identifying *any* sceneries in its list. Note that I do not have any FSX items located in the program files directories- I have FSX and its related addons all located in a separate dedicated directory.

Thanks again, Rusty

Ahhhhh...success!

I moved a copy of the season.exe utility file to the Aerosoft parent directory (where the installation process had initially created a shortcut link target to), and voila- now when I open the utility from that location, it lists the 3 related sceneries in the box. It seems that the Balearic installation process, has an anomaly whereby it places the season.exe file in the wrong directory. It is placing it in the Menorca X SC subdirectory, when in fact it should be placing it in the parent Aerosoft directory where its shortcut attempts to originally target it.

Hopefully, this helps and lets the you and the good folks at Aerosoft know what is actually happening with the Balearic installation process. I am sure that I am not the only one that this happened to.

Thanks again for helping me brainstorm this one! Your comment that the respective sceneries should be indicated helped very much, thank you again...Rusty