Aerosoft Luxembourg Airports FS2004

ScottyBs

Dear All,

Have just purchased ELLX for FS2004. The taxiways joining the runways and aprons are being treated as dirt with the associated bouncing.

I have searched the forums but couldnt find if there is a fix - If I have missed it I apologise, could sombody please let me know.

Regards

Scott

Christoph,

I did a check with ScanAFD and the only Afcad file is the one in the Aerosoft Luxembourg Airports folder of the Addon folder, I am getting the result in the attached picture, aprons and runways are fine its the taxiways connecting the runway with the main taxiway - so entering and leaving the runway. As Shaun says it is not a big problem I was just wondering why I am getting it.

Thanks

Scott

post-33578-0-53527200-1318664130_thumb.j

The problem is in the AFCAD. All links between the runway and the main taxi-way have a width of zero which means your wheels are in the dirt. Changing them to 36,58 meters (width in rest of the AFCAD) will solve your problem.

Make first a backup of your AFCAD, the developer might have had a reason for this and the change can create another problem but I haven't found one yet.

Rob

The problem is in the AFCAD. All links between the runway and the main taxi-way have a width of zero which means your wheels are in the dirt. Changing them to 36,58 meters (width in rest of the AFCAD) will solve your problem.

Make first a backup of your AFCAD, the developer might have had a reason for this and the change can create another problem but I haven't found one yet.

Rob

Hallo,

You should not proceed changing the develloper created AFCAD. As there is used a semi transparent texture for the taxiway the standard afcad taxiway design would be visible underneath. As the designer wanted to have the aereal picture visible instead of afcad standard design he made those taxiways invisible by setting their width amount to zero. Instead he created a platform covering the taxiways , parkings and so on. This causes exactly avoidance of dirt and bouncing effects as an afcad designed taxiway does and should not be the reason of Scotts minor problems - I think, there are mistaken small gaps within the platform near the linkings - maybe Chistoph could have a look on it.

Greetings

Rolf

Hallo,

You should not proceed changing the develloper created AFCAD. As there is used a semi transparent texture for the taxiway the standard afcad taxiway design would be visible underneath. As the designer wanted to have the aereal picture visible instead of afcad standard design he made those taxiways invisible by setting their width amount to zero. Instead he created a platform covering the taxiways , parkings and so on. This causes exactly avoidance of dirt and bouncing effects as an afcad designed taxiway does and should not be the reason of Scotts minor problems - I think, there are mistaken small gaps within the platform near the linkings - maybe Chistoph could have a look on it.

Greetings

Rolf

Hallo Rolf,

Thanks for your feedback, as I said the developer (Christoph) might have had a reason for this. Scotts minor problem is/was also my problem, after line-up clearance it takes an unrealistic amount of trust to get the plane moving as well as when vacating the runway in the areas where the taxi-link has width zero. I'm looking forward to hear some feedback from Christoph.

Regards,

Rob