Madrid x performance possibilities

rocky

Hi guys, I have just added Madrid x to my wonderful collection of airports. However, while I appreciate the size of the scenery, I am nevertheless a bit disappointed with the performance. In fact it has the biggest framerate hit of all my airports. Unlike other airports there does not appear to be a control panel to allow me to manage the performance by unticking things. Is this something that will be addressed in a patch? If so, when is this likely to arrive? If not, then is there anything I can do personally within the scnerey folder (or other) to help make this great scenerey a bit more framerate friendly? Thanks fellas...

Hi Shaun, nope, autogen is always set at normal when I fly the NGX. Typical framerates from within the VC are about 8-12 around the terminal through to about 16-20 sat on the runway. All AI is turned off except for airline AI which is at 35% running My Traffic X Pro... It all seems so much heavier than other x airports, ie Innsbruck, which is actually very good and Stuttgart, it's even worse than Charles de Gaulle.... I guess if it is what it is then so be it. But if there was a way within the bgls or somehting that I could change to help with performance then it would be a bonus.

Hello Howard,

As I dont have the NGX yet I cannot compare as to what I get here.

As to removing BGLS I'm not sure what they all contain so cant give advice on that.

You could try changing the Scenery Density setting and see what happens there.

Thanks Shaun, but to be honest I think it's a little unsatisfactory to have to run my rig at sparse autogen to get any reasonable frames at this airport. Is there any reason with an airport that is so performance intensive that there is no control panel as with other Mega X airports?

Hi Shaun, with most airports, as I'm sure you are aware, have a control panel to customise the frame heavy aspects of the scenery. Orbx has a whole load of boxes you can untick, each one eases the load on the system. The same is true of all the other Aerosoft airports I own, except Madrid. It sounds like I may have bought an airport that is unsuitable, which is more than a little annoying. To be frank, I'm always amazed at why developers will design an airport that delivers a slideshow even when running a rig like mine! IMHO these days, it's paramount for developers to allow customers to tune their scenery to their particular computer specs. Anyway, I appreciate your comments Shaun, have a good day.

Hello Rocky,

I have just been to Madrid and disable all AI Traffic including the Airport Vehicles and had frame rates from 25 to 30 as soon as I pressed the default settings for the AI then it had 20% Airline traffic 20% GA and Medium density Airport vehicles then it slowed right down.

Seems to be a lot of Airline traffic there for 20% even using MyTraffic 2010.

• 7 months later...

Actually, I really think Madrid Airport needs a performance update. It's not comprehensible that in the most important airport for Spanish FSX users you get 8-10 FPS when in other Aerosoft Airports as Barcelona, you get 25