Low N1 on takeoff

KyleD

Having an issue on takeoff. I properly load the aircraft all according to the manual, full checklists, use the load manager, and create takeoff sheets. When I am lined up and ready for takeoff, I advance the throttle to either FLX or TO/GA, but the N1 always stays around 84%, no matter which setting I choose, and it stays at only 84% until I rotate and gain a positive rate. Once past rotation, it will advance to around 94%. The problem is that if I use a shorter runway, say around 2200m, I'm rotating at the opposite numbers- not good, nor accurate. The autothrottle properly engages when I advance the levers forward, and the flight director is on. The MCDU is properly loaded, TO config is good and checked. So, I'm not sure what may be wrong. Any insight?

Hello dmbusmc,

This is known issue and has been mentioned many times on the forum and the reason given as to why it is happening.

But you are doing nothing wrong.

Yes, I found I was looking in the wrong forum, and in the end posted in the wrong forum. Sorry about that. I read up on it and now I just leave the FLEX TEMP blank in the MCDU, which works fine, but not the same without having that cool and realistic FLEX option. But, as I love absolutely everything else about this aircraft, I can more than live with it. Can't wait for the professional edition! Thanks.