Cannot find Fly Tampa Old Hong Kong airport on FSC 9

apilot01

I am using FSC 9 which I have just updated using the latest FSC.Exe and DBManager Files. I have installed Fly Tampa's Hong Kong add-on (distributed by Aerosoft) but I do not see the airport when I run FSC.

Please see attached screen grab. The airport shows in FSX's GPS screen but not in FSC

What can I do to make this airport appear, please?

I am using FSX with Acceleration and Win 7.

Thank you,

Tregarth

post-25544-0-36440900-1318248040_thumb.j

Hello Tregarth,

After installing the scenery did you run the Database Manager again.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes. In fact I had run it before I updated the FSC.exe and FSCDbManager files. I updated both, ran the DB Manager with FSX running (so the programs could "talk" to each other) with the result you can see. I then ran it a second time but with no improvement.

As I said before, the scenery shows in FSX and the ILS feathers show in the FSX GPS.

Thank you,

Tregarth

Hello Tregarth,

What happens if you move the airports AFCAD file to the Add-On scenery folder and then rerun the database manager, does it pick it up then.

Dear Shaun,

Thanks for your help. I have looked for the Hong Komg Scenery, there are 2 folders for HK scenery; they are C:\FSX\Addon Scenery\FyTampa-HongKong and C:\FSX\Addon Scenery\FlyTampa-HongKong_LC

FyTampa-HongKong contains 3 Folders, Doc, Scenery andTexture; FlyTampa-HongKong_LC contains only a scenery folder. I have searched my C driver for an AFCAD file but cannot see one.

I am running FSX on my "Main" PC and FSCommander on a second PC which is networked to the Main PC, normally they work perfectly but not for Hong Kong. Should I copy one of the HK files on my Main PC into a folder in FSCommander? If so, please tell me which one.

Thank you,

Tregarth

I looked in C:\FSX\Addon Scenery\FyTampa-HongKong and found 3 files afx_2HHX_flytampa_aiship.bgl , afx_VHHX_approach.bgl and AFX_VHHX_sdk_aerostat.bgl

I moved the _approach file from the FlyTampa-HongKong scenery folder and pasted it into C\FSX\Add-on Scenery folder (ASF), closed Win Explorer and started FSX. Saw a window "Building database for new scenery files". The intro music played and then saw "Fatal Error" message.

I removed the _approach file from the ASF, put it back into the Hong Kong scenery folder and restarted FSX. Now see a message "Scenery.cfg file error. Local scenery directory (addon scenery\scenery in Area.115 not found. Click on OK to continue". Clicked on OK, still have Fatal Error message.

Clicked on OK in Fatal error box, Intro Music starts but after about 5-10 seconds Fatal error message re-ppears and Close Program button appears. I have looked for Area.115 in Addon Scenery but cannot find it.

I am not sure what to do now.

Tregarth

Hello Tregarth,

Moving the one file should not have changed this as this error happens when a complete path is incorrect in the scenery library, this can be fixed by using the Edit button to show it to the correct location of the scenery.

Hello Tregarth,

Moving the one file should not have changed this as this error happens when a complete path is incorrect in the scenery library, this can be fixed by using the Edit button to show it to the correct location of the scenery.

Dear Shaun,

I am sorry but I do not understand what this means. What should I do to

a) make FSX run and

'b) make the VHHX files "visible" to FSCommander?

Thank you,

Tregarth

Hello Tregarth,

Open the scenery.cfg and look for the area there when you find it it should tell you the title.

I believe it should be the Add On folder.

You need to check the path of this in the scenery library to make sure its correct.

The only way the problem above could have occurred if you moved/deleted folders.