MS Flight/Prepar3D ? Can we have a wiki or synopsis please?

Guest M31

We are not all experts in FS politics or insiders or not who can or cannot comment.

And this is not an invitation for Simon to be an arse again :)

I'm sure I'm not the only flight sim enthusiast that has noticed the disruption in the karma here recently, and the posts about Prepar3D and Lockheed Martin are mystifying to say the least, what happened to Aerosofts new flight sim? latest rumour is it is postponed until 2015 ... I might not even be alive then! ... I can guess about it all, but as a wise man from Aerosoft once said, we should wait for the facts.

But since this hot topic of Prepar3D is still ongoing ... can we please have a sort of synopsis or ongoing one, or just a make shift Wiki?

I'm sure I'm not the only visitor here who is wondering about this and what it means for me as a general Joe Smuck flight simmer.

So, what your're saying is: You want this all laid out YET AGAIN, because you're too lazy, diffident (or infirm - if your death before 2015 is anticipated)?

No need for me to comment. Screw Prepuce3D, I will settle for a statement of intent on Aerosofts new product...

Everything else, I can find out for myself with less than 20 seconds of searching... bionicCrab is your friend.

Forget I ever made this thread.

I remember the last time i complained to Shaun about this guy ... I was wasting my time then and I'm wasting my time now.

###### it.

And you think thats clever?

What if we all behaved like obnoxious aresehole's like Simon,

what if someone got under your skin, no no no. ?

Hee Heee hee, titter and giggle, ######ing IDIOT.

I've tried several times with these forums now and the more I try the more I see a closed shop, not just with attitudes here, but the whole flight sim community here ... somewhere along the line its got rotten.

This place is a complete and utter waste of my time and I wont be coming back any more.

I'm done this time.

While I have every regard for Simon's knowledge, I cannot help but feel my time on this forum is coming to a sad end. Not because of this guy's pseudo intellectual bullying or his determination to only portray himself as an arsehole rather than someone to be admired, but Aerosoft's and it seems Mathjis', continued support of him. I am getting very tired of reading his bloody, rude and arrogant replies to people. I am also getting tired of hearing that I can simply 'look the other way.' I haven't joined a forum not to read posts and replies, I have joined a forum to engage with other guys who share a common interest, regardless of their lack of knowledge or intellect. I suggest Simon does himself a favour and starts to be as tolerant of other people's shortcomings as he would be of his own. If Aerosoft is not careful, they will become known more for their support of arrogant and rude people rather than their publishing of high quality addons..

• Upvote 1

Surely then, rocky, you could lead the way be being as tolerant rather than throwing your toys out the pram and wasting precious forum resources contributing to inane commentary such as this?

Again, it's the usual hypocrisy: All you want to do is tolerate those that you want to tolerate, at a tolerance threshold YOU want to dictate...

...and then we look at your contributions to the forum. Almost all are questions requiring answers from those more knowledgeable than you...Including a recent one about carb heat in the Katana,

How ironic that - no sorry, hypocritical actually - that you subsequently made not a single contribution to the more recent topic on the same issue?

You and M31 are actually sadly alike, it's just that the realisation has dawned on him.

Should you not also tolerate the rude and arrogant, just as we tolerate those who mistake bluntness and honesty for rudeness and arrogance?

Should you not also contribute to a forum in a way that actually does `engage` with your fellow forum members, or do you truly believe your mere presence lends weight to this site?

I can assure you, on the basis of your contributions so far, you are actually the one who is being `tolerated, like all `takers` who are not `givers`. If however, what you are saying is that you will actively make a difference by answering questions, and ensuring the quality of forum posts is kept high for the benefit of all, and not just the mucous-mentality minority, then I'm sure we all look forward to your future contributions with enthusiasm.