Zürich and Lisbon

harpsi

Take a look at this post

Hi

This post only says that simwings is not doing the scenery from zürich and that the scenery will be completed in summer 2005, but ... by who?

harpsi

About Lisbon, I hear the author of scenery for Portugal and Madeira Islands (sold by Aerosoft) is designing a new scenery for portugal including of course Lisbon, after having released some time ago the complete Terrain coverage with updated mesh, coastlines, rivers and roads (which, being a portuguese guy and pilot myself I can atest it's amazing). Take a peek at WWW.PTSIM.COM for any news. I have never heard of someone else designing a scenery for Lisbon appart from the freeware project Projecto Portugal Perfeito, available from Flightsim.com.

Cheers!

Rui

Hi

It is not true. It is Michael Kopatz from Aerosoft or German Airports team, the one who is doing the scenery from Lisbon. That we know for sure, because it was published in one portuguese forum, but I haven´t heard any messages since long time ago...

harpsi

• 7 months later...

PTSIM has been announcing Portugal Terrain ever since FS2004 was released. They only had PT2000 updated to 2002 then to 2004 (lousy update) and that was it. The mesh was good but the airports seemed to slip their plans. Eventually I ran into a guy that was part of PT98 along with PTSim and he said the guy behind it had left the project to go on with personal projects. So PTSIM is NOT making any scenery for Portugal for now. It seems Aerosoft's Wonderful Madeira was his last project.

As for PPP is a stopped project. Airsim doesn't have any plans to update. It seems lack of time is an issue. but I was assured they will keep the project freeware.

So maybe Aerosoft can make us happy by, at least, THINK of developing Lisbon or the whole Portugal Scenery... That would be nice...

Hello Folks,

I have received word from Michael about the Lisbon airport scenery LPPT.

The progress report is as follows:

The Airport ground layout is nearly finished

and the terrain in front of the RWY 21 also. This was the most difficult

point of the terrain model because there is a lower terrain before the RWY.

The main RWY 21/03 have additional Runwaylights and coded distance marker for the both TWY's which allows a fast leaving of the Runway.

These are called RET's (Rapid Exit Taxiway). These additional marking aids are at first time in FS.

Also new are coded TWY-centerline lights which are green/yellow coded

around the main RWY to give information of the sensitive localizer area as

in reality.

The estimated release of the Lisbon Scenery will be

around summer/autumn '06.

Thats it for now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi , congratulations for the wonderfull products that you have been introducing for this huge community, iam very pleased, just one thing, as a portugese enthusiast of FS I would like to thank you for giving an oppurtunity to Lisbon Airport, I've read a couple of posts in the forum and would like to know if you could give us some more information about the project and I know that's a bit too much but if we could have a peek at some screenshoots of the project that is rolling we would be most appreciated!!!

Thank you

On behalf of the most of the portugese FS community, I suppose...

I read this somewhere before?!?!?!?