Dallas FW - Can't download

Huascar

I just bought Dalla FW (Mega Scenery) and the URL is not working. I keep getting an error. PLease assist.

Please refresh your browser and retry. It may be that there was a DNS change or something in the server and its not been picked up yet by your ISP.

It works now.

Question: I need four downloads per your download instructions. I downloaded the first one and is not asking me to insert CD? Does it make sense? I'll download the rest tonight when I get home. Huascar

Okay, I just about had it with this stupid Dallas Mega Scenery. It keeps asking for a disk or path. I provide the path on the C drive and it is telling me the folder cannot be found. Following is a picture of the error I am getting. I can't spend more time on this thing. I will be happy to get a refund if this thing does not work.

post-45694-0-86543900-1317874767_thumb.p

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't have this scenery, but as it seemed, you downloaded 4 zip-files. Normally it works like this: You extract the content of those files into a folder of your choice. Then among those extracted files there should be a setup.exe or something similar and other files (maybe .cab files). When you now run the setup.exe it will find all other files and wan't ask you for another disk.

What you have down is simply running the setup out of the zip-file and that doesn't work. And I can't believe that the instructions told you to do so. Can you make a screenshot or post the instructions?

I extracted the first file which also has the setup option. It starts downloading then it stops and asks me to insert a disk. I was under the impression that this would automatically find the rest of the files (it does not). I need for support to provide guidance please. I'll make a pic tonight. This is the problem with downloading extremely large files (especially multiple files).

I extracted the first file which also has the setup option. It starts downloading then it stops and asks me to insert a disk. I was under the impression that this would automatically find the rest of the files (it does not). I need for support to provide guidance please. I'll make a pic tonight. This is the problem with downloading extremely large files (especially multiple files).

As above, you need to place all the extracted files into one folder and then run the setup file.

What the installer is doing now is looking for the other files which you haven't placed in the folder with it and assumes its on another disc.

• Root Admin

Hi,

please notice...

As this file is extremely large (6 GB) we have decided to split it in several parts. This will help if you got a problem in the download and need to restart the download. You will find the first download as normally during the order process. If you got any problem contact us on the scenery section of the forums. We are standing by to assist you.

Download files:

PCAVIATOR_MEGA-SCENERYX-DALLAS_1OF4.zip

PCAVIATOR_MEGA-SCENERYX-DALLAS_2OF4.zip

PCAVIATOR_MEGA-SCENERYX-DALLAS_3OF4.zip

PCAVIATOR_MEGA-SCENERYX-DALLAS_4OF4.zip

Important: You will need to unzip ALL these files into the SAME folder before starting the setup.exe file

Files were unzipped and it then asks for CD. "Please insert next disk"

When you unzipped the files did you place all the files in the same folder, and not just placed the unzipped folders all in the same place.

All four files when into the download folders. Once there, I opened the first folder and clicked on the setup file. It started the download. Then half way thru the installation, it asked me for some disk and/or path. I tried to trace it to the folder in the C driver and it did not work. It told me folder was no recognized or invalid. Can I can't the download and request the CD instead?

All four files when into the download folders. Once there, I opened the first folder and clicked on the setup file. It started the download. Then half way thru the installation, it asked me for some disk and/or path. I tried to trace it to the folder in the C driver and it did not work. It told me folder was no recognized or invalid. Can I can't the download and request the CD instead?

Can you post a screenshot of how you have the files in the folder so we can check whats going on.

Okay,

The first attachment will show you the four folders for the Dallas Scenery parked in the download folder. The seconde attachment will show you the message that I get half way thru the download process which does not make much sense to me. """If the file on this disk can be found in a folder other than the one displayed below, enter the correct parth or click browse".

Let's give it one more try, if it does not work, can I please exchange the product for something else? I don't care about the money being returned, just let me choose another product that works!!

post-45694-0-85764600-1317946472_thumb.p

post-45694-0-38578700-1317946485_thumb.p

Hello;

Make sure all the files,and the installer are in the same folder,than tr to run the installer,also,if the product came zipped,make sure you un-zip all the files.Also,place your add-on sceneries,aircraft,etc...,in a seperate folder for each add-on,it makes it easy to find things,But when you gget it installed in Fsx,it should go to the correct location by itself,you might need to only update the location of Fsx.

Mark

• Deputy Sheriffs

Okay,

The first attachment will show you the four folders for the Dallas Scenery parked in the download folder. The seconde attachment will show you the message that I get half way thru the download process which does not make much sense to me. """If the file on this disk can be found in a folder other than the one displayed below, enter the correct parth or click browse".

Let's give it one more try, if it does not work, can I please exchange the product for something else? I don't care about the money being returned, just let me choose another product that works!!

Sorry boy, either you do not understand what we all are trying to tell you or you just don't read what we are writing.

But anyway I'll give it a last try and try to make it as easiest und understandable as possible:

1. You have download 4 files into your download folder: these files are named:

PCAVIATOR_MEGA-SCENERYX-DALLAS_1OF4.zip

PCAVIATOR_MEGA-SCENERYX-DALLAS_2OF4.zip

PCAVIATOR_MEGA-SCENERYX-DALLAS_3OF4.zip

PCAVIATOR_MEGA-SCENERYX-DALLAS_4OF4.zip

This files are zip-files. In case that you don't kno what zipfiles are: They are kind of a package containing files that are compressed to save space.

2. Now create a directory on your PC, something like C:\install. Hope you know how to do this.

3. now unzip ALL 4 zip-files above into this directory. At the end within this directory there should be all those files contained in the former 4 zip-files. And then from within this directory run the setup.exe and everything is fine.

If you don't know at all how to hande zip-files, ask a friend, seach with Google (you know Google?) and learn computerbasics before asking for refunds or product exchange, otherwise you will run always into the same problem!!!

Files cannot be unzipped with the exception for the first one.

What do you have for me now? need more pictures?

In folder number two there is a setup file and it is in white. I right click on it and it does not say anything about extracting/unzipping this file. Same goes for files 3-4.

Look, I am not a technical person but I have done this particular function many times and this is the only download that is giving me problem. To make it easier for you, just provide me with a refund and way I do not have to request your support.

And please don't call me a boy. I have no interest in working with you.

Thanks to those who tried to help. Your assistance was more helpful and genuine than the one I received from the support staff. Problem has been resolved. I'll try not to seek the assistance of the support staff if I can help it.

Thanks to those who tried to help. Your assistance was more helpful and genuine than the one I received from the support staff. Problem has been resolved. I'll try not to seek the assistance of the support staff if I can help it.

I'm not sure what you mean by the statement, "Your assistance was more helpful and genuine than the one I received from the support staff." It was Aerosoft Support Staff who told you that you need to place all the files once unzipped into the same folder.

Friend,

I am not sure who Wingnut is (above), but if he is part of your support team then your business concept really sucks. I have been called a boy and I am not his boy. Read the post and you tell me if this is the way you should treat a customer seeking assistance on a product he purchased. Keep in mind that there are many other vendors.

Friend,

I am not sure who Wingnut is (above), but if he is part of your support team then your business concept really sucks. I have been called a boy and I am not his boy. Read the post and you tell me if this is the way you should treat a customer seeking assistance on a product he purchased. Keep in mind that there are many other vendors.

All Aerosoft Staff on this forum you will be able to distinguish by there signatures. All the others are people who post and a lot try to help as we are not around 24/7.

Also looking back at the posts I think you'll find it was not Wingnut who called you, "boy".