attitude indicator and flaps failures

yankeegolf

hi,

After 10 to 15 minutes, the attitude indicator and the flaps fail. The breakers are still in.

Any idea?

thank you.

You bend it, you mend it. Have you read the flap V-speeds? Why would you be flying for fifteen minutes with flaps deployed in the first place?

• Upvote 1

no that is not the problem Snave.

I do know how to fly an aircraft in the real world. I did no exceed the VFE.

I retracted the flaps well before VFE and it would not account for the attitude indicator failure. The lever is still operative but the flaps would not move. I had to perform a flapless landing, according to the emergency procedure.

I browsed the forum and found that a fellow simmer had reported that same problem in the initial release thread (blitzer on april 22nd post 11). The fix is not clear to me since I have the latest version.

Any idea?

thank you

If the lever moves and the flaps don't, you BROKE it. It doesn't get much simpler than that! :boohoo_s:

After that, you need to analyse WHY you broke it, HOW you broke it, then fix it and figure how NOT to break it again.The Maintenance screen helps a lot in this regard, as does reading the fine manual.

And as a pilot, why are you even asking about why an attitude indicator may fail? Surely you did the pre-flight properly (that's another clue, by the way)?

As a pilot please list the primary causes of AI failure, then we can point you to what you missed in this aircraft... and yes it DOES model this, which is bloody fantastic as I've had a partial failure, in the real aircraft, caused by just that. :cheers_s:

No. Not unless your request for assistance actually supplies something of merit. Consider the following:-

At no time have you supplied system specs or details of any and all modifications to core files.

You do not say what mode you are operating the Katana X in.

You have not provided details of controllers and hardware.

It appears that you have not read the manuals, or if you have, then apparently didn't understand them or think they applied to you.

Frankly, your demand for assistance is a disgrace (and reading your insolent introduction to this topic, I might call THAT offensive). Compounded by your claim to be a real pilot you are asking questions that any real pilot would instantly have been able to search for in the documentation and among the forum for the clues that help you solve the problem. I have noted you do the same thing in the A2A forums, where you are nowhere near proving yourself to be a pilot, much less the master of complex simulation products. And I never apologise for telling it like it is...

Raise your game, and get treated as such. At least now you're positing in the correct forum (another indication that you act before you think).

Then you have yet to complete a Profile that we might know whether we are dealing with a grizzled veteran in aviation and simulation matters, or some self-deluded pre-pubescent with a pilot complex...

Now are you going to stop deflecting and answer my question about the causes of AI failure, so we can provide you with a pointer in the right direction? If not, we'll leave you to your suck-it-and-see approach. Which might actually work...

And yes, that's another clue, I have provided you with pointers (a hand up) in every reply. I do not provide handouts.

No, no, don't thank me... god forbid you might actually LEARN something.

The issue that I have was raised in a previous thread. It can occur with an aircraft in a mint condition. I have it even without taking off so it rules out a flying error. It can be fixed by pressing CTRL +E.

When the issue was raised there was a nice fellow by the name of marcel felde who adressed it and wrote:

"Attitude Indicator and GPS Failure:

I made a possible fix for this problem available: Downloads

It would be great if those who are experiencing this bug could try this out and report if it is of success. Thanks in advance!

One user reported that the problem was solved after he deleted the FSX.cfg and made a new startup situation. "

So you see ,snave, the problem is not with me :it does exist and I hope that you will not say that marcel does not what he talks about as you keep saying about me.

Now I know what you are going to tell me: that I am still both an incomptent simmer and pilot and ask: why don't you try the fix?

It is because I have the latest version of the Katana and I am wary about installing the patch for fear of screwing up everything.

I also read that the issue could be caused by my selected aircraft for the default flight. I've switched to a native FSX aircraft but it did not solve the problem.

Hi,

that patch is already included in the updates so there is no need to test it out. :)

I assume there is something going wrong with the FSX battery logic and that would explain that CTRL+E solves the issue. Is it possible, that you have linked the battery switch to a certain button or keypress?

Greetings,

Marcel

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you marcel for your reply. No I've done nothing with the buttons and the keypresses. Itried several aircraft for the default flight, to no avail. The only fix is the CTRL +E trick after engine start. It is no a big deal, I can live with it ...

Yankeegolf, can you, for testing purposes, assign two buttons from the FSX options? One is the Master Battery on/off and the other one is the Avionics Master on/off. Then load the Katana and press those two and don't use the Ctrl-E thingy. Maybe it helps.

Note. Those key commands do not move any switches in the Katana cockpit, they only alter the FSX internal setting.