- phase control and duty control (I don´t know what they are) set to extreme

- cpu capability set to 140%

- cpu voltage 1.470V

- dram voltage 1.60000

- vccio, cpu pll and pch voltage set to auto

- hypertreading disabled

- EIST and CPU C1E enabled

- CPU C3 and C6 reports disabled

>>> Temperatures under REAL TEMP 3.60 version: under 73ºC (between 60 and 73 more or less)

>>> Core voltage under CPU-Z: 1.456V

Any suggestion in order to get 4.9GHz stable or even go up to 5GHz?

And another question: should I run all aerosoft addons with for example PMDG NGX, ai traffic 100 %, AES and all those beautiful things as well as almost all the sliders to the right, at 25 or 30 frames minimum with those specs? I hope I can stabilize the processor at 4.9GHz... at least...

harpsi

harpsi,

If you have never done overclocking yourself, then I would suggest that you proceed with a high degree of caution here.

That being said, the i72600K is a great candidate for overclocking. I would perform a search for your motherboard and processor to ensure you have the exact settings of others who have been successful before you. Do not try and go straight for the highest overclock - getting a stable overclock goes way beyond just settings - for instance the ability of your case to cool the interior (do you have just the standard case fans installed? I know you have a water cooled CPU cooler, but I'm talking ambient interior temps here)

As for FSX settings - it's impossible to run everything at max and achieve 25 to 30 fps everywhere with every product. It's not hardware bound - it's legacy coding and the FSX platform. However, there is a new discussion about the possibilities of Prepar3d as a platform for flight simming and Aerosoft is currently testing the waters with regards to product compatibility that offers hope of a stutter free experience!

Some great places to start your overclocking project are here:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/

http://www.overclock.net/