Not quite in position

Sunnydaze

Hello.

At many of my airports,when the plane loads at the gate,it is not quite in position to get the program started.The flag man is waving me forward but I really have no way to move the jet just a few feet to get into position,and I usually just give up and start all over again using a different gate and hope it works this time.

Is there something I am forgetting to do? It is very frustrating to have to start all over after spending time on setting up the flight plan,weather,time etc. There must be something I am missing but what?

Can you help please.

Dennis

Simple fix, make sure the engines are shut down and park brake is set, most important this is correct.

Then press the "Shift" + "W" keys, and then press whatever is suggested to "Reset Aircraft to Exact Position" key, normally F7 or 8 depending on the scenery installed.

Thanks,

Yes,I am doing just that,engines are off,parking brake set,but I do not have the option to press F8 and reset the position,all I get is "Set park brake,stop engines"

What I just tried was to run my AFX program and move the parking spot up closer to the gate,and this has solved the problem at one airport,( gate 22 UK 2000 EGAA) Belfast. So I suppose I can do this whenever I encounter this problem at the other airports,I was just hoping there was a fix that would take care of all of them for me,but the AFCAD statement from Tobias sent me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Dennis

• Developer

It sounds like you don't configure the aircraft in the correct way.

The Marshaller/Safegate will stop the aircraft related to the position of the first left door, if this is not available or inactive, he fall back to the nosewheel.

The goal is, that the door is in a correct position, so that the jetway can connect.

If you place the door L1 to far in the back or you don't have configured it and even the nosewheel is not correct defined, it is possible that the stoppiont is to late.

Hi.Oliver

I am pretty sure it is set up correctly as it is normally perfect at most gates at most airports,it is just a few gates at various airports that give my trouble,so in the future when this happens I will just take note of what gate it was and try to correct it in AFX. This only happens when I load the airplane at the gate,not when I am pulling up to it after landing,as then I just follow the flag man's instructions until he tells me to stop,and then all is well.

I will double check everything just to make sure,but apart from that I am happy to correct the problems in AFX.

Thank you all for the help.

Dennis

• Developer

Ok,

when you set the aircraft via the FS Menu to a Position, the FS will always set the aircraft to the center auf the Gate as it is in the AFX file. The don't take care about the size of the aircraft, so if it is a big one, it could happen that you are placed to far in front with the nose. In this case, the only way is to fix it as you say in the AFX File.