AES KLAX from FSDT

smnielsen

Well Oliver,

I see you have closed the previous topic on this subject.

But, a very simple question, which can be answered by YES or NO.

As the things look right now, will there be AES support for FSDT's KLAX ?

Simply a question to bye or not to bye. That is all.

Thanks.

Soeren

• Developer

Sorry, there is no YES or NO possible at the moment.

A ) Based on that what you and I can read as statements from FSDT (Mr. Umberto) about or better to say against AES, will not be a good base to make any future AES for there products. When AES is provided and the users have paid for it, I (and the user) must be on the save side that AES can be used for that product in future and that there is not done any change, that makes AES not anymore usable there. The position of Umberto is not clear at that point yet.

B ) On the other hand, I see that alot of people like to have AES there, even when there will be other option maybe in future. I don't like the situation, that users who only want's to enjoy there flightsim hobby should be limited by personal difference.

So, when I could be save that AES will be usable for there Product without any precondition, yes I will invest the time here. Otherwise I am sorry and must say NO.

But at this moment, I have no clear statements to make a decision to say YES or NO.

I would love to have AES at KLAX for FSX. So please consider it. I'm sure there are a lot of other users who would like AES support for FSDT's KLAX too. I hope that everyone who wants AES support for FSDT's KLAX for FSX, would consider posting here in this thread.

Jon

I certainly agree with statement B, I know it cannot be easy as a developer to have another company creating something that may rival your product but the FS community thrives on the diversity and the choice of software available to the end user. From my own personal point of view, I have been using AES for a while now and am I pretty happy with it and see no reason to not continue using it (besides I have already paid for over 6 credit packs and still have credits to assign for future airports). Even if another company brings out a rival product, I will probably end up using both and if AES is still getting enhanced in the near future, I will certainly continue to use it.

So for my part, I hope you will be able and can find the time to include FSDT's KLAX on the AES list.

What Umberto told us on their forum was that if LAX was released for FS9, he would send both versions to Oliver for AES. If it was released as FSX only, it would not receive AES because he is working on GSX. The FS9 version is currently in process and, according to Umberto, the likelyhood is probable that it will be released. As far as I know, that stance has not changed.

A ) Based on that what you and I can read as statements from FSDT (Mr. Umberto) about or better to say against AES, will not be a good base to make any future AES for there products. When AES is provided and the users have paid for it, I (and the user) must be on the save side that AES can be used for that product in future and that there is not done any change, that makes AES not anymore usable there. The position of Umberto is not clear at that point yet.

B ) On the other hand, I see that alot of people like to have AES there, even when there will be other option maybe in future. I don't like the situation, that users who only want's to enjoy there flightsim hobby should be limited by personal difference.

So, when I could be save that AES will be usable for there Product without any precondition, yes I will invest the time here. Otherwise I am sorry and must say NO.

But at this moment, I have no clear statements to make a decision to say YES or NO.

Thanks Oliver,

Make the things a little more clear in my head. Only the future will show if FSDT's KLAX is worth investing in.

Just bought Approach to LOWI and assigned full AES support to same. Have been missing this one for some time and at the moment with 20% anniversary discount

Some exiting approaches with PMDG NGX in view.

Thanks again

Regards

Soeren

Hi Oliver,

I am convinced that AES for the KLAX scenery would be very appreciated by many FS9 users. The same for Flightbeam's KSFO scenery that should be released soon for FS9 as well. I just have posted a message in FSDT's forum today that Umberto should sit together with you to clarify the situation and hopefully you both find a user-friendly way for all of us. It would be a pity leaving KLAX unsupported as FS9 users cannot rely on default moving jetways and ground traffic so I still keep my fingers crossed for a great new KLAX airport in FS9 that is supported by AES.

With Flightbeam's KSFO and FSDT's KLAX, there are two great west coast airports in the pipeline and I am very happy that developers still continue producing sceneries for FS9 - THANK YOU!

Regards,

Daniel

I fully understand Oliver's viewpoint on this. However, now that we know FSDT will be able to continue to provide support for both FS9 and FSX products and that Umberto seems not to have an issue with the user deciding which product to use, hopefully AES can move forward to supporting FSDT products in both FS9 and FSX. It should simply be the end users choice of which to use. I am a very happy AES man and Oliver has a very loyal following so I honestly don't think there is too much to worry about. :bow_down2_s:

Hello Mr. Pabst,

might be a silly confusion here. Even Umberto does not understand your comments above. So if you have no clear statements I recommand to read Umberto Colapicchioni's detailed comment about this in the FSDT Forum= http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4816.30

However, in your acting meanwhile I see a little competition war rising between AES and GSX and/or AS and FSDT. I don't think the user should be the looser of personal differences between devolpers. Nevertheless, the fate of KLAX will not depend on Aerosoft's AES. There was not AES support for Cloud9' KLAX and I could live with that perfecly. If FSDT's KLAX will be supported by AES I will be great if not then it is good too.

Nevertheless, the fate of KLAX will not depend on Aerosoft's AES.

Maybe not for you and I, but not having AES is a deal breaker for many of FSDT customers, especially those diehards who still insist on flying only with FS9.

Hello Mr. Pabst,

might be a silly confusion here. Even Umberto does not understand your comments above. So if you have no clear statements I recommand to read Umberto Colapicchioni's detailed comment about this in the FSDT Forum= http://www.fsdreamte...p?topic=4816.30

However, in your acting meanwhile I see a little competition war rising between AES and GSX and/or AS and FSDT. I don't think the user should be the looser of personal differences between devolpers. Nevertheless, the fate of KLAX will not depend on Aerosoft's AES. There was not AES support for Cloud9' KLAX and I could live with that perfecly. If FSDT's KLAX will be supported by AES I will be great if not then it is good too.

Speak for yourself. I depend highly on AES. And AES does affect my decisions when it comes to purchasing sceneries. Having FSDT KLAX without AES is like having a Farrari without gas. Great to look at and admire but not fun to use.

And Bruce is correct.

• Upvote 1

Speak for yourself. I depend highly on AES. And AES does affect my decisions when it comes to purchasing sceneries. Having FSDT KLAX without AES is like having a Farrari without gas. Great to look at and admire but not fun to use.

And Bruce is correct.

100% agree.. well said. :bow_down2_s:

However, in your acting meanwhile I see a little competition war rising between AES and GSX and/or AS and FSDT. I don't think the user should be the looser of personal differences between devolpers.

I agree. As I have been saying from the beginning, People that like AES will probably buy GSX and will continue to purchase AES credits. GSX will cover all airports but AES will do select airports in a customized manner. Instead of waiting for the other developer to make their next move, you guys should be working together. It will benefit both of you. I have said the same thing over at FSDT. You guys must work together.

AES needs to remove the automatic marshaller, jetways and baggage loaders and place them in the menu. When I purchase GSX, I may want to use the AES jetways but the GSX baggage loaders.

The bottom line is people may gravitate to GSX since it will cover every airport. I know I would buy it just to have LatinVFR's airports supported.

• Developer

AES needs to remove the automatic marshaller, jetways and baggage loaders and place them in the menu. When I purchase GSX, I may want to use the AES jetways but the GSX baggage loaders.

I never say this is not possible or won't be done. But therefor I need to see the product to check where changes must be done. When it's available I will check that.

Now, where we have a clearer Statement (Thanks Bodo for the link, don't see it this morning), I can reference to it.

But, as you all said, I still not understand the intensions, why not keeping AES possible, even when they stop the FS9 support. They lose no cent, because GSX is free for there airports and so it makes no difference when people like to pay the fee for AES, but on the other hand, it is possible that some potential customer will ignore the airport, when only GSX is possible.

There is also no impact to there design or any invest of time to keep AES possible. The jetways are placed via xml in FSX, so nothing to change to make excludes possible, for the jetwaymodels I only need the 3ds export of it, when it changes not only the textures (as normally). The only "special" part are the static secondary jetways, which should be placed as seperate XML object, otherwise I could not exclude them for AES. That also not a big thing, but unfortunately not done in KLAX, so AES can only animate the primary jetways.

I also think, that the most users of AES will also buy there new product, maybe to use it at airports not available with AES or on airports they use only time by time and don't want to invest in AES at this location.

There is no logical reason not to give the user all possible options to choise and that what I have told Umberto "long time ago" allready.

• Upvote 1

I fully agree Oliver. I do hope all users will have the option to use both. Its good to know you are willing to work with Umberto. I will have information on KLAX push and tow operations for you both by end of week.

But, as you all said, I still not understand the intensions, why not keeping AES possible, even when they stop the FS9 support.

Because AES is a competitor to their own product GSX. They say it's free to use on their own airports, but anyone can see that's it's pretty obvious they want you to buy the product, otherwise there is nothing in it for them. They want you to buy GSX instead of spending the money on AES credits. Saying that the product is free to use on their own airports is just a "free commercial".

Jon

• Developer

Jon,

as I understand it, GSX functions will part of there Sceneries, so as long as you only use it on there scenery products, you don't have to buy the GSX Product. Only when you want to have this features also on other Airports, then you must buy the separate GSX product.

And I would expect that the will have a free trail version, so everybody can see, if this product is useful or not.

But all this is not depending on a existing AES Version.

I think the problem with communication is the users coming on here and FSDT's forum and syaing things that are their own opinion and some are just not true!

GSX does NOT apply to the jetways at any of their aieports!!! I WILLcontiue to buy credits at airports that have AES for the jetways and GSX for some things that ASE does not have!!

King Cat, your statments are unfounded and you and people that make those kinda statments are a big part of the problem!!

• Developer

So, let us all stop to make speculations on things that are only announcements, let's wait until the product is available, then everybody can make his own picture of it and can decide what is better or not.

Saying that the product is free to use on their own airports is just a "free commercial"

GSX replaces their ParkMe utility, which is only available for their own sceneries. That's the only reason it will be free for their sceneries, no commercial about it.

• 3 weeks later...