Corfu X 1.10 now also available for Prepar3D

Aerosoft Team [Inactive Account]

• Aerosoft

Gentlemen, we have just uploaded a new version of Corfu X. This update solves a few issues but more special, there is now also an installer for Prepa3D available. We tested it and it seems to work fine, perhaps a slight loss frame rate but a bit smoother (at least on my system). My earlier reports were simply wrong, I apologize again for that.

Now do note that this is just a test, we do not intend to release more products at this moment for this simulator. But it is good to test if it works and it is good to show people we know Prepar3D and are able to produce for that. As always our products bought in box or in download are ONLY for entertainment use and can not be used professionally in any way. If you got any comments, let us know here.

You will find the Prepar3D prepared (pun intended) installer where you find the FSX installer. The serial key is the same for each, do note the installer personalizes the files.

well i just tryeid to download and whent it is done it is named: AS_CORFU-X_V100.exe and when running it says version 1.00

But at my accound it say: Aerosoft - Corfu X (1.10) so is it 1.00 or 1.10??

updated:

Well when i hit the grass it still crash... + at the helipad. but i also mean the terrain around the runway changsed to the right side of RWY35

• Aerosoft

well i just tryeid to download and whent it is done it is named: AS_CORFU-X_V100.exe and when running it says version 1.00

But at my accound it say: Aerosoft - Corfu X (1.10) so is it 1.00 or 1.10??

(now installing to see)

So you don't see this?

post-43-0-97716200-1317221443_thumb.png

Eric Bakker did you mean what it updates ??

it should be:

-Performance enhancements

-Fixed colour coding of taxi lights

-Fixed helipad and apron crashes

-Introduced 'non-crashable' grass

-Fixed ocassional ground disappearing problem

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i have tryeid download from both german and EU server

• Deputy Sheriffs

Eric Bakker did you mean what it updates ??

Lars,

No, I was referring to your 'problem': does the zip-file that we see and download contains the installer for version 1.10 or is it (by accident) still 1.00?

Sorry for the confusion.

oki, well it contains version 1.00 as i can se.

when instaling it shows 1.00 and aerosoft lunch says the same when you want to registrate.

futher more i tryeid the grass and helipad and it still crash as i see it. and i cheked after i uninstaled that there was no known files left behind and there wasent

• Aerosoft

I just downloaded and am sure I get the 1.10

[installer]

ProductCode=593

ProductName=Corfu X

Version=0110

ProductPage=http://www.aerosoft.com

ManualName=Manual.pdf

ReadmeName=Readme.txt

I do notice the europe mirror is not yet updated and times out, but the german ftp should work.

I suggest you get to the download page and press [control][F5] to make sure you are getting the right links.

• Aerosoft

Merci guys, I just loaded it in Prepar3D and it looks great, well the same, lol, but on my system it has better fps.

Is this the first commercial Prepare3D add-on released?

I am not sure actually. Lockheed Martin was rather happy about it though.

Merci guys, I just loaded it in Prepar3D and it looks great, well the same, lol, but on my system it has better fps.

Is this the first commercial Prepare3D add-on released?

No as far as I know the ORBX addons are already compatible with it.

But do they have full installers etc? I mean we think at least 50% of all we sell is compatible so that does not say much.

Not sure, I have also just heard that. If you want more information visit their website, I think they have something about that on their site, though I'm not sure...

They have released/are releasing a demo of PNW which will have the correct installer for P3D. I believe they will gradually work at doing the same for all products over time...

Well done Aerosoft for stepping into P3D as well. The more the big boys start to play, the greater the following will be.

• 2 weeks later...

Mathijs,

Thanks for the opportunity to test the CorfuX installer with Prepar3D, no installation problems what so ever. Whilst it's early days for the Prepar installation on the whole I'm very pleased with the outcome visually. Performance wise still needs testing with a high end a/c now installed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I have installed Corfu r3D and it works fine. Thanks Mathijs.

So far I have succesfully installed the following products to Prepar3D:

• Aerosoft Corfu (with installer)
  • FTX NA PNW demo (with installer)

Manually I copied the following from my FSX directory to the Prepar3D directory and these worked immediately:
    • Default Cessna 172SP (by copying it from the FSX\SImobjects/Aircraft folder)
    • Aerosoft Twin Ottter (by copying it from the FSXSImobjects/Aircraft folder)
    • RAS Beech Duke Turbine (by copying it from the SImobjects/Aircraft folder)
    • Aerosoft Antalya X, Kos X and Larnaca X ( (by copying it from the FSX\Aerosoft folder to the Prepar3D\Aerosoft folder and adding them through the Scenery Library in P3D)
    • Freeware OZxTuscany and Liguria scenery (by installing them with the installer and adding them through the Scenery Library in P3D)
    • FTX NA PNW and NA CRM (by copying them from the FSX\Orbx folder and adding them through the Scenery Library in P3D)

A little bit more work was:

• My Carenado aircraft. They work good but I had to copy the relevant gauges as well from the FSX\Gauges folder

With two sceneries i have a problem:

[*]Aerosoft Santorini X has an elevation issue

[*]FTX NA KORS has an elevation issue.

As has been said before, P3D seems to run smoother with less stutters on my system, and fps is about the same. Scenery and aircraft look the same ;) . Water looks a bit better. Some suggest we pay to be beta-testers, but I find no ground for this, P3D is as stable as FSX with me. The start menu is missing, and the other menu's look different, but the simulator operates the same otherwise. If publishers will supply an installer with their products I see no difference between between using FSX or P3D from a user standpoint.

System specs: I7 2600K, 8Gb, Nvidia GTX-560Ti.

Basically it's a DIY type thing. I've tested EDDF, EDDM, LHBP, LTAI, PANC, so far. I've tried installing the addons a few ways, and I think the easiest is just to keep your FSX install as is and link to sceneries manually using P3D scenery database. AES unfortunately isn't working, even though I've tried a few edits to the file system.

So far the experience has been consistantly better than FSX. The NGX works better for starters, I can actually get her off the ground using only 8 degrees of pitch, not 10. My rotations are much smoother in the NGX and it takes zero effort to get the aircraft to track the center line all the way to the OM. Taxiing around the big airports is a lot smoother. The night lighting is also better because the runway light animations are more fluid.

So at the end of they day just allowing the use of existing addons is plenty enough support for the average P3D user. I can buy any product knowing it will work just as well if not better due to the engine. And if P3D is a beta, that would make FSX an alpha at the very most.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

i have just buyed corfu, so wich scenery should i install:

corfux o corfu 3d, both of them?

If you want to use CorfuX with Prepar3D you should install (only) the AS_CORFU-X_PREPAR3D.zip file.

The other is for FSX.