A brief note on Phase 4

OleAndreasen

Guys. I know its a little premature, as phase 3 is not over, BUT I want to let you know that phase 4 will include the famous/infamous Lukla airport.

If you want a great landing (read: Challenge) here, then Aerosoft´s Lukla is a MUST. The default lukla is flat and boring (Native FSX does not allow sloped runways) but Aerosoft fixed this, and has given us a fantastic airport - and if you are not used to crashing - you will get used to it now...

SO - if you do not own Lukla - BUY IT NOW - or use your prize download...... You wont regret it.

• Upvote 1

Hi, and as far as I remember you need to re-load the scenery library being close to the airport when you come a longer distance. Otherwise you will get a mesh error and the runway will not display correctly.

aaa sh....it. and i just changed my turbine from the PC-12 to the C-130. Now i have a problem! how can i land and take off in Lukla?

i have already changed 3 aircrafts, so no more change are allowed.

actually my hangar is:

Douglas DC-3

Cessna C210

Hercules C-130

PMDG 737NGX

:eyepop_s::confused_s:

which one is suitable for Lukla? None of these i fear :help_s:

I feel generous today guys. So here´s the deal. For the leg ending in Lukla, you are allowed to use ANY aircraft you like. Regardless of which aircraft you have chosen for the RTWC. But ONLY for this leg.

As for the mesh problem.... Hm... I have flown to Lukla many many times, but always from airports in relative proximity, so I really can´t say... I´ll investigate and get back to you if I find out.

''... _ _ _ ... ... _ _ _ ... ''

Someone sending out an SOS?

Manuel : yes ive experienced that alot.There was a file put up on here called Lukla_RunwayFlatten, though i never installed it to try it.If you cant find it,and i am aloud ?, i can sent it to you.

Edit : Opps, Ole's replyed.

The wall at the end of the runway in Lukla can stop any type of aircraft, so we are actually quite flexible in our choice. :banghead1_s:

Unfortunately, of course, it tends to be a rather abrupt stop - and it will take more than a repaint to cover up the damage B)

aaa sh....it. and i just changed my turbine from the PC-12 to the C-130. Now i have a problem! how can i land and take off in Lukla?

I'd go for the Cessna 210... It should manage the landing! As for the takeoff... There's a big valley for you to stall through!

I feel a temporary switch to a Twotter coming on for the Lukla arrival. Not sure about what to use to get out again.... Seneca? It's certainly going to be an interesting planning session once the Phase 4 legs are published. I just need a couple of weeks break first :cheers_s:

• 2 weeks later...

I feel generous today guys. So here´s the deal. For the leg ending in Lukla, you are allowed to use ANY aircraft you like. Regardless of which aircraft you have chosen for the RTWC. But ONLY for this leg.

As for the mesh problem.... Hm... I have flown to Lukla many many times, but always from airports in relative proximity, so I really can´t say... I´ll investigate and get back to you if I find out.

Hi Ole,

Just one question pertaining the usage of the Twin Otter for the arrival to Lukla. Are we allowed tu substitute any other aircraft for it? Or we should take it from the turboprop maintaining the ratio:

12 legs, 3 times the DC3, 3 times Piston, 3 times turboprop (once the Otter) and 3 times the jet

Hope I made myself clear.... :eyepop_s:

Hi Ole,

Just one question pertaining the usage of the Twin Otter for the arrival to Lukla. Are we allowed tu substitute any other aircraft for it? Or we should take it from the turboprop maintaining the ratio:

12 legs, 3 times the DC3, 3 times Piston, 3 times turboprop (once the Otter) and 3 times the jet

Hope I made myself clear.... :eyepop_s:

Nevermind, just noticed the phase is 13 legs long so it can be the odd one out!

The Lukla leg is - as you said, the odd one out. You can choose ANY aircraft you own, it will NOT count as anything - so you are totally free of choice on this one - wont affect the aircraft count in phase 4 in any way.

OK?