Mega Airport Heathrow FSX

Sam sambrook

Hi,

3 things

1. My system has a Gigabyte X58 M/B, i7 920 proccessor, 6 gig Ram and a ENGT220 Nvidia Graphis card.

At EGLL in 2D mode my frame rates are around 4 to 5 on the ground. In Virtual Cockpit mode around 10 to 12 FPS. In the air away from EGLL and at other Big airports they are around 29 in 2D mode. Is there any reason for this or is it my system?

2. Lokki is in a different position on the NATS Chart and when on line, I sometimes get told to stop at a point which is not on my scenery - have I missed an update?

3. Last thing, when on line at EGLL, I can see the aircraft details but not the aircraft, they seem to be underground. I there a simple reason for this?

Regards

Sam Sambrook

(Stoke supporter)

Hello Sam,

Try setting all settings to default and try turning AI traffic to zero and see what you get then, it may be that you have all settings to the right and as Heathrow can have lots of aircraft and you also have London City nearby then it can tax any system.

The scenery may differ from real world objects if they have been updated.

As to the aircraft being underground it could be that they are using the default scenery and there altitudes are lower.

• 5 months later...

Hi Shaun,

Long time ago, A new graphics card has improved frame rates no end, however the non-appearance of aircraft but with the idents showing is still there, one more however, it is intermitent. most of the time they are not showing but sometimes they are. Is there a new AFCAD for EGLL? I think I installed an update a while ago but don't think it caused my problem. Maybe a reinstall of EGLL would do something? It used to work fine.

Bye from sunny (today) Stoke

Regards

Sam

Hi Sam,

To back up what Shaun said, AI makes a big difference and with Heathrow in FSX, Gatwick AI traffic is in range, so it has to manage those as well (and possibly Luton traffic too).

To check the effect of AI, reduce it to zero, then restart FSX.

On the Aircraft issue, make sure you have aircraft shadows on ground disabled. It's a shame to have to do it, but it's because most AI use FS9 models and these don't play nice in FSX with shadows and custom ground polys.

cheers,

Chris.

Hello Sam,

There was an update that included the new terminal. But if your AI are under ground then it may be that your AI Traffic program is using its own AFCAD instead of the one that comes with ther scenery so it needs to be disabled.

• 1 month later...

Hello Shaun,

I just bought London Heathrow Mega airports (I ve got fsx and windows vista which suits the requirements. The airport released a few years ago I guess and I cant see any planes flying, landing or taking off. I dont have any third parties Ai. This box does not come with the aerosoft launcher or anuthing similar. What can I do? No problem with the static aircrafts. Is there any updates for this by the way?

Thanks

Pablo

Hello Shaun,

I just bought London Heathrow Mega airports (I ve got fsx and windows vista which suits the requirements. The airport released a few years ago I guess and I cant see any planes flying, landing or taking off. I dont have any third parties Ai. This box does not come with the aerosoft launcher or anuthing similar. What can I do? No problem with the static aircrafts. Is there any updates for this by the way?

Thanks

Pablo

Hello Pablo,

You can try the advice in your other post, but try setting your AI Traffic to 100% and see if you have any default AI there.