Madeira LPMA Scenery altitude conflict

herky20

I have just purchased Madeira scenery.

LPMA airport is at 150',When I start on the runway, I am below the level of the runway. I am sat on a blue invisible runway with cars underneath and large "stilts at the side. The FSX map shows the runway to be at 700'. There is obviously something wrong with the "mesh"?

I have tried the "fix" in the instructions.Page 32.The APX43200.bgl is already named as APX43200.madeira and the cvx4320.bgl is named cvx4320.madeira.?

The other airport LPPS is OK. It LPMA runway thats not at the correct altitude. The Taxi ways and ramps are at 500+ feet when I taxi to the runway I plummet 400 feet down to a blue runway? :eyepop_s:

Anyone any ideas. I have reinstalled. Same issue is there?

Regards

David.

OK Guys, I believe I have solved my issue.

I had duplicate airport scenery files. :embaressed_s:

What was confusing me was that I "fell through" the runway from the parking ramp start, ending up below the runway? Like I was in slew mode.

Anyway, I think its resolved. The extra runway bgl came from ADE ( Airport design editor) I do not recall using it to modify the airport, however, deleting all the .ade files for LPMA, resolved the issue.

Hope this will help anyone else with similar issue.

Regards

David.

Hello David,

3rd party afcads can cause the issue you see, these mainly come with AI Traffic programs and the afcads that come with them need to be disabled.

As for falling through this can happen if you slew or go off the beaten track.

Thanks Shaun.

I found another post with this issue, same resolution.

Now I have removed the duplicate .bgl's its fine. ( The fact I have three Scenery.cfg files doesn't help, but I know where they are now!

May I say Madeira is a wonderful scenery add on, the detail, colour and frame friendly package is superb! :excellenttext_s: