FSX Cheyenne VC texture

yankeeromeo

Hello Folks,

Donwloaded 3 repaints, N24DD - C-GLAG and the UE1, this is not my first FS9 => FSX repaints installation but this time i have strange textures in the VC only, see pics, i have checked and compared all the files, one by one, with other repaints which working well and did't find any differencies at all ! any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

2011-9-25_18-49-19-751.jpg2011-9-25_18-49-28-434.jpg

Hello Shaun,

Thanks for answering.

what do you mean by "check the bitmaps " ? all these files are Bitmaps format and are the same for all the Cheyenne variants.

How do you check them ? i use Dxtbmp to "see" them, don't know if i'm right but i can visualizing them and nothing is wrong.

(Is that the "Reflections_T" file which is responsible for ? if yes, looking good.)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Hello Shaun,

Thanks for answering.

what do you mean by "check the bitmaps " ? all these files are Bitmaps format and are the same for all the Cheyenne variants.

How do you check them ? i use Dxtbmp to "see" them, don't know if i'm right but i can visualizing them and nothing is wrong.

(Is that the "Reflections_T" file which is responsible for ? if yes, looking good.)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Not sure I have seen curious things like this happen before. But I find the best way to do it is to make a copy of a texture folder that came with the product and rename it to the desired name for the aircraft.cfg and then copy the new livery bitmaps into that new folder and allow it to overwrite, that way you have all the default textures there and then the new liveries so no missing bitmaps.

Guest Hodge001

Hi

Out of curiosity I have just tried one of the texture sets that you are having a problem with in FSX (N24DD) and at first look it is missing more than a couple of texture sheets, thirty eight of them to be precise, so to get her looking as she does in the screen shot I did the following.

Firstly create a new texture folder called N24DD in a different location to the original, then copy all the files in any of the Piper Cheyenne I folders (for the test I used Texture.N819SW) into this folder.

Next from the original downloaded Texture.N24DD copy the following texture files into the newly created texture folder..

Engines_T.bmp

Fuselage_1_T.bmp

Fuselage_2_T.bmp

Fuselage_3_T.bmp

Fuselage_4_T.bmp

PA_31_01.bmp

PA_31_02.bmp

PA_31_03.bmp

PA_31_04.bmp

PA_31_07.bmp

And that should be it, you should be good to go.

I didn’t delve into the individual texture sheets to find exactly which thirty eight textures were missing, or which of the remaining originals files if any have any errors, but I work on the principle of it works don’t fix it.

I hope it helps.

Jim Hodkinson

post-9108-0-26361900-1317207520_thumb.jp

Guest Hodge001

Hi Yves

Not a problem, I'm happy to help out if I can and more so to hear that it worked, plus I had not flown the Cheyenne for some time I'm sorry to say, so this was a good enough reason to get her airbourne again, and thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson