Hardware poll

Aerosoft Team [Inactive Account]

Your hardware (read post below poll first)  

727 members have voted

1. 1. What's your CPU like

• Intel Core i7 class, pretty fast
    • Intel Core i5 / AMD Phenom II X4 class, more then okay
    • Intel Core i3, Core 2 Quad / AMD Phenom, Athlon, Opteron
    • Slower then all that
    • not sure, that's the thing under the fan right?
  2. 2. How much memory do you have

• 8 GB or more
    • 6 GB or more
    • 4 GB or more
    • 3 GB or more
    • 2 GB or more
    • 1 GB or more
    • Not sure, for sure some!
  3. 3. What's your harddisk like?

• SSD + Storage HD
    • Fast raided HD
    • Standard HD
    • Not sure.... that the thing that stores my documents right?
  4. 4. What's your Graphics Card like?

• Top end >$400
    • High end >$250
    • More then okay >$150
    • More less okay >$75
    • Low end / on motherboard
    • No idea, do I need one?
  5. 5. What OS are you using?

• W7 / 64 bits
    • W7 / 32 bits
    • Vista / 64 bits
    • Vista / 32 bits
    • XP / 64 bits
    • XP / 32 bits
    • None Windows
    • Not sure, looks nice though.
  6. 6. How do you connect to the Internet

• Cable / ADSL 8Mbit/s or more
    • Cable / ADSL 4Mbit/s or more
    • Cable / ADSL 1Mbit/s or more
    • Cable / ADSL below 1Mbit/s
    • Dialup
    • Not sure

My currect spec is about 18 months old i thinks its time to upgrade to i5 2500k series or just untill early next year then change to the ivory bridge, at the moment its ovrclocked to 3.54 ghz from 3.07 ghz but the only that get is that cause's my pc to crush big time.

currect spec:

Intel i7 950 3.07Ghz oc'ed to 3.54Ghz

12gb ram

gtx 460gtx

crosair h70 water cooled

evga x58 mobo

now i have just one question do i go and buy i5 2500k or do i wait for the ivory bridge??? :help_s:

Colin

My system upgraded 2 mounts ago, from I7 860@4.1 ( changed CPU&MB ) :

CPU: I5-2500K@4.6 cooled with Noctua NH-D14

MB: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe

RAM: 8gb ddr3 kingston hyperX CL8 1600mhz

GPU: Zotac GTX 460

Chasis:Thermaltake v9 with Thermaltake Touchpower XT 775

After upgrade i have approx + 6-10 frames in FSX.

BTW: frames with not o/c 2500K = frames with o/c I7 860. Sandy must have for FSX!

My system is a Toshiba L305D-S5934, it's a late 2008 model and was bought in march or february 2009 (Specs are in sig, click the CPU-Z image for full specs.)

I've been wanting to build a custom rig for more than 2 years now, just I haven't been able to get further than the planning stage due to finances.

A job I do every saturday and sunday (for no pay) is run a sound system for live music performances and speeches.

My system is coming up to two years old, and I intend to upgrade the video card and maybe double the memory in the next couple of months. Two years hence...a new system maybe ?

My currect spec is about 18 months old i thinks its time to upgrade to i5 2500k series or just untill early next year then change to the ivory bridge, at the moment its ovrclocked to 3.54 ghz from 3.07 ghz but the only that get is that cause's my pc to crush big time.

currect spec:

Intel i7 950 3.07Ghz oc'ed to 3.54Ghz

12gb ram

gtx 460gtx

crosair h70 water cooled

evga x58 mobo

now i have just one question do i go and buy i5 2500k or do i wait for the ivory bridge??? :help_s:

Colin

Wait...

Here are my spec.

Thermaltake Xaser VI Full Tower

Motherboard: Gigabyte UD-9

CPU: I7 980x @ 4677.4MHz as of 10/21/2010

RAM: Suoer Talent 2004MHz

Timing @ 7-7-6-20 1T

CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-D14

PSU: ABS Targan 1300W

SSD OS: Crucial SSD Sata III 128GB

SSD game: OCZ Z-Drive R2 P84 PCI Express 256GB for FSX

HARD DRIVE: 1 x 300GB Velociraptor +

3 x 150GB all at 10,000rpm

VIDEO CARD:Zotac GTX 480 AMP! 840/1680/2052

I get good fps with an average (2009) system. I can run everything on 50% with PMDG add-ons and add-on scenery and still achieve 18fps in the VC.

I love the way your products are fps friendly!!

Thanks, Aaron G.

My setup....

i7 950 at stock

6gb ram

2 seagate momentous HD (which are regular drives with extra ssd space for longer term caching)

video: gtx 460

6 Gb Kingston HyperX RAM

Win 7 64

FSX

TrackIR 5/Saitek Wireless stick/Saitek Pedals/CH Throttle Controller

My setup is in a rec room and I use a fairly good 32 inch LCD TV as the primary monitor with a smaller monitor attached for

a 2d panel or two such as a FMS. The case is a Shuttle, which is fairly small form factor, so have not over clocked as adding additional

cooling is not an option. As the room and TV is multi-use, I need to be able to tuck the controllers away when not in use.

With a pile of scenery addons and flying only addon planes, the machine holds up well with sliders set at a reasonable level.

Instead of adding more power, I am inclined to offload some of the addons such as FS Commander to a 2nd computer - maybe a laptop,

via wideFS. Might try a small overclock as well. On the Hardware front, will probably look at upgrading controllers before long -

maybe finally make the leap from a joystick to a yoke.

My system:

CPU: Intel Core2 E8400 @ 3.00 HGz

Memory: 4 GB (of wich only 3,2 gb is useable due to 32-bits os)

Video: Ati Radeon HD 4800 series

Harddisk: Western Digital VelociRaptor 300 GB 10.000 rpm

FS version: FSX SP1+SP2

Here is my new 2 months old spec.

Win 7 64-bit Home premium

Motherboard : S1155 Gygabyte GA- P67x-UD3-B3 DDR3 Black

Processor : i5-2400 Quad core @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs )

Memory : Mushkin 8GB DDR3 1333MHz

Graphiccard : Gygabyte GTX 560SO-950 TI PCI-E2.0 1 GB memory

HardDisc : 60 GB SATA3 OCZ SSD 2,5

SecondHard disc : 1TB SATA3 Seagate Barracuda

DVD Sony OptiArc

Power Supply : Inter Tech SL-700 Watt

Internet Speed : 50 MBs Optical fiber cable.

FLight sim FSX

Airbus X - Iceland X- Keflavik X - Cardemon X - 767 Captain Sim - Daimond DA20-100 Katana.

Thanks and happy birthday to all :)

I upgrade whenever I feel that FSX will benefit from that particular hardware.

I am at the top end of components now as unfortunately it seemed that every bit of new hardware that was released would help!

A very expensive "hobby!"

My computer is about three years old, but recieved various updates and still does a good job running FSX at high settings.

I mainly use FSX as a training device and it helps me a lot, especially thanks to the many addons from Aerosoft. So a big thank you for offering so many great products!

I just upgraded to a AMD Phenom II X4 980 3,7GHz system with 8GB RAM and a Crucial M4 SSD. My videocard is still a NVidia 8800 GTS 512 and runs great with FSX at medium to high details. But I feel the need for an upgrade to a GTX560 within the next 3 to 4 month and I want to use more than one monitor in future.

Aerosoft, I wish you the best for your celebration. I really like your throughout high quality products and I have to say that you give me the feeling, being more than just a normal customer to you. Thank you!

Bitte bringt weiterhin Boxed-Versionen heraus. An Downloads hab ich relativ wenig Interesse und in den nächsten 100 Jahren werde ich auch wohl kaum ne schnellere Leitung als DSL-Light bekommen. Außerdem sieht so was als Geschenk viel besser aus. (Und zeigt mir die Ehefrau, die ne gebrannte CD verschenkt, die Sie sich selber downloaden soll von Seiten, die nichts mit Schuhen zu tuen haben :-)

Liebe Grüße

BoVie

My System:

AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3,8GHz

4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM

Geforce GTX 460 1024MB OC

120GB OCZ SSD for Windows & programs

500GB Samsung HD 7200rpm for FSX & stuff

1TB Samsung HD 7200rpm for storage

22" HP 1680x1050

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

It runs fine for bush flying and airliners at small and medium airports (Airbus X + FlyTampa's), but it struggles at big airports with complex airliners (NGX + FSDreamteam's). I'm waiting for the AMD Bulldozers and if they are not a boost forward, i will switch to the i7 platform...

Cheers, Kai

I've posted my latest PC specs in the hardware forums, surprised to see such a high percentage of higher end systems, maybe that's down to some folk voting for what they intend to upgrade to as the poll asked them to do ... nice to be in good company though.

I was going to wait for Intel Ivy Bridge as an upgrade from my I7 920 overclocked PC rig but a few months back went for Sandy Bridge I7 2600K overclocked with an option to drop in a compatible Ivy Bridge six core CPU next year on my Z68 board.

We'll see.

I think I'm going to wait for the new processors too, but untill they become payable for an average schoolkid this is my setup:

Win7 x64

nVidia GTX 460

8GB RAM

22" screen (just for the case it helps you in any way) resolution: 1680x1050

1TB harddrive

Hi there, just did the poll.

Here, a FS2004 user using W7 64 bits. i5 760 2,80 GHz with 4 GB RAM and GT240 Nvidia Card. Really satisfied with this hardware and software. :) I could run FSX, but I prefer FS2004 due to best performance and sceneries.

Cheers !

Allright, my system comes:

i7 960 4.1 Ghz (HT disabled)

8GB RAM runs at 1600mhz

1.5tb hdd (dunno why i bought this kind amount, well, it was with the system lol)

5870 1gb ati

FSX

and Windows 7 64 bit

Here comes my comments,

Firstly, i did tweaks according to NickN and venetubo (i guess) according to their posts, ht is technically useless for FSX so i disabled it. But it's wrong i can tell you that, since installing scenery and other stuff now take longer time than before.

I had 1066Mhz RAM before, many people may say, mhz or rams are unimportant but it's wrong, it keeps you away from overclock potential of your cpu. You need to buy 1600mhz ram. With overclock and general, FSX runs more stable than before.

Also, CAS Latencys are kinda important IMHO

Graphic Card of mine is a mess. Ati, is not a good choice for fsx use, so buy nvidia (all kinds until 590) no matter what cause, it has one core, and more mhz in total (i may be wrong on this, but NickN already explained this thing in one of the his threads)

SSD make startup of windows and fsx loads faster than usual HDD.

But, you may already know all these things, anyway i tried to write something usefull,

Take care, have a nice day

Mein System:

Win7 64bit Prof

Intel Core i5 @ 750 4x 2,67 (Merom)

ASUS-Board P7P55D LE

8 GB RAM

ATI HD 6770 1MB Grafik

Creative X-Fire Sound 7.1

Creative Headset

Monitor AOC V22 1980x1080

G11 Gaming Tastatur Logitech

3x SATA Festplatten (1xWindows, 1x Sicherung und 1x Gaming)

If I win, I would like to get the German Airfields 2 - Nordlichter set, so that I can practice circuits at my real life training airport... That would be cool!