Mega Airport Budapest updated to version 2.00

Shaun Fletcher

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Your comment "Not at this moment. It's just a much smaller market." had me a little perplexed. I understood this was a free upgrade for the FSX Version. So as there is no apparent fiscal advantage as regards updating for existing users,where does market size play a part? Unless of course this is for the benefit of future purchaser's of the software.

As for FS9 being a small market, of the £7,500, Ive spent on software over the years of which £500+ has come your way, I would hazard a guess that 75% of it was for FS9. This does not include Hardware, i.e 5 CPU's the last one being an i7 Alienware. To say, I am getting extremely peeved by VA's and software developers, who give me the impression of looking down their respective noses at anybody who prefers FS9 to FSX, is to put it mildly.

I have FSX installed, have tried it and found it, in my case to be a backward step in, performance and ease of use. Plus the fact I am in no hurry to bin all the above investment in time and money.

Many Regards JohnT

Hello,

I've just installed the new version 2.0, but I have some texture problems with some trees around the airport:

Hope you can help me?

Thank you!

Has anyone who has the scenery installed got trees instead of black squares.

Hello guys,

I got Mega Airport Budapest yesterday. It is amazing in terms of detail and design, but I'm having too low FPS.

I didn't use lightbloom, road/sea traffic, still I got 7-8 fps.

My system:

Intel i7-930 2.8GHz

6GB Gskill ram

nVidia GeForce GTX480 1.5Gb

Have you tried setting the frame rate limiter inside the Settings/Display window to unlimited. I had before similar system as yours and it helped me a lot. 5-6fps more. Try it!!!

Peter Onody

Check your scenery density, also check the scennry library to make sure you dont have duplicate entries for the scenery, if so delete the duplicates.

Indeed, I had duplicate entry for the scenery. Ups my dummy. Thanks for your help!

Hi Shaun,

In the news bulletin I got in e-mail from Aerosoft it stated, that owners of previous versions can get version 2.0 (FSX) as update free of charge.

I have version 1.3 so in this case how does the "free update" work? I've only found the link to the webshop.

Could you please advise?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Gabor

I'm an FS9 user too and very disappointed that this update is only for FSX. I too have recently invested heavily in FS9 software for sceneries and aircraft (including Aerosoft's Nice X - this name suggests FSX only but in fact it works equally well in FS9).

I can't wait for X-plane 10 - it will blow the socks off FSX. In the meantime, Aerosoft, the FS9 market is alive and kicking :hi2_s:

Hi Shaun, In the news bulletin I got in e-mail from Aerosoft it stated, that owners of previous versions can get version 2.0 (FSX) as update free of charge. I have version 1.3 so in this case how does the "free update" work? I've only found the link to the webshop. Could you please advise? Thank you in advance! Regards, Gabor

Did you try redownloading the main installer file from the shop of purchase.

Can nobody from Aerosoft help me with my texture problem?

Thanks,

Sebastian

I'm going to have to say this is system specific as no-one else seems to be having the same issue.

Do you SP2/Acceleration installed, have you installed any replacement texture sets, have you installed any other 3rd party sceneries that may use specific settings that alter the Global textures.

I'm going to have to say this is system specific as no-one else seems to be having the same issue.

Do you SP2/Acceleration installed, have you installed any replacement texture sets, have you installed any other 3rd party sceneries that may use specific settings that alter the Global textures.

I have several addons installed, but I don't really know if any of these have changed anything within the Global textures. Yes, I have SP2 on my FSX...

Are these trees using default textures?

Thanks...

Hello!

I am trying to use only AIRPORT part of updated Budapest 2.0, but I see the the parts of default MFSX scenery on yours...

I've just deleted the CITY part from the MFSX library after full installation. What's happened? Could I use the only one part separate another one? And how if it's possible?

Kind Regards,

Pavel.

Hello! I am trying to use only AIRPORT part of updated Budapest 2.0, but I see the the parts of default MFSX scenery on yours... I've just deleted the CITY part from the MFSX library after full installation. What's happened? Could I use the only one part separate another one? And how if it's possible? Kind Regards, Pavel.

There may be elements of the airport that are need from the city files like excludes etc.

So, It's not possible to use these parts separate?

It might be, but you would need to find the files from the city that are causing the missing objects and then remove the rest from the City scenery folder.

Not at this moment. It's just a much smaller market.

So why did you recently release a version of Zurich for FS9? That seems rather inconsistent with the above comment.

Please don't misunderstand, I purchased LHBP for FS9 'as is' and am very happy with it. I don't feel I am in any way entitled to anything more - I got what I paid for. But just please speak to us in a straightforward way. If there isn't going to be an FS9 update because the developer doesn't want to do one (no probs with that) then please just say so.

• 2 weeks later...

isn't going to be an FS9 update because the developer doesn't want to do one (no probs with that) then please just say so.

Hi,

The developer (me in this case) would have no problem with an FS9 update whatsoever.

The problem is the photo-realistic bitmap, which already has it's max resolution in FS9. The new FSX version is almost 3 times higher in resolution and this is something you cannot do for FS9.

Thus the FS9 update would have no real meaning, apart from adding the "SkyCourt". But I will add that soon.

regards

Andras

Hi,

The developer (me in this case) would have no problem with an FS9 update whatsoever.

The problem is the photo-realistic bitmap, which already has it's max resolution in FS9. The new FSX version is almost 3 times higher in resolution and this is something you cannot do for FS9.

Thus the FS9 update would have no real meaning, apart from adding the "SkyCourt". But I will add that soon.

regards

Andras

Andras

Thank you very much for replying - that's very kind of you. Additionally thanks for making this scenery in the first place, I really am glad that I purchased it.

Best regards.

Gavin

Hi Andras

I agree with the above comment. We really appreciate you doing what you can to update LHBP as you are certainly not obligated to do so. Thank you for going the extra mile. If the newer techniques of AESLite can also be incorporated, where vehicle movement is smooth and more intelligent, that would also be a nice improvement but again, do not feel obligated. You have already given us an excellent product at a fair price.

:excellenttext_s:

Ian