Twin Otter Mission Pack on Win7 64bit

jnels13

I purchased the Twin Otter, Lukla X, and the Twin Otter Mission Pack a few years ago, and recently installed FSX and both purchases on a new Win7 64 bit machine. The aircraft flies great in regular FSX scenery, as well as in Lukla X (including the Lukla missions). However, whenever I try and run the Twin Otter Mission Pack, I get the "Oh no, that's not the right aircraft!" message, and the frame rates are HORRIBLE. I read the forums, uninstalled the plane and mission pack, and re-installed both, along with the mission pack update, but I still get the warning and the bad frame rates.

Any suggestions?

I purchased the Twin Otter, Lukla X, and the Twin Otter Mission Pack a few years ago, and recently installed FSX and both purchases on a new Win7 64 bit machine. The aircraft flies great in regular FSX scenery, as well as in Lukla X (including the Lukla missions). However, whenever I try and run the Twin Otter Mission Pack, I get the "Oh no, that's not the right aircraft!" message, and the frame rates are HORRIBLE. I read the forums, uninstalled the plane and mission pack, and re-installed both, along with the mission pack update, but I still get the warning and the bad frame rates.

Any suggestions?

You need to install the sound update for the Twin Otter.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You need to install the sound update for the Twin Otter.

Shaun,

I assume that the sound update is included in the latest version of the Twin Otter, version 1.20.

Would it not be best if mr. JNels installed that full version?

Correct, I downloaded the most recent version of the Twin Otter (about 2 weeks ago). I also went back and didn't see any sound updates for it.

There was a mission pack update, which I installed, but I still get the bad frame rates and "oh no" warning.

Hello;

What version of the Mission Pack for the Twin Otter do you have installed,I have 1.02,I thing this is the latest version,and there is an update for this,1.03.Try installing this,it should fix your problem,and make sure that there are no updates newer than the version of the Twin Otter you have.

Mark

Correct, I downloaded the most recent version of the Twin Otter (about 2 weeks ago). I also went back and didn't see any sound updates for it.

There was a mission pack update, which I installed, but I still get the bad frame rates and "oh no" warning.

Strange as I see it there for the Twin Otter!

Aerosoft Sound Controls for DHC-6 Twin Otter

You're right -- I see 1.03 now. Not sure if it was there all along (I generally fly late at night, after the kids & wife are in bed), or if it just came out.

I had a fix that worked -- the liveries for the missions were showing up in the main aircraft selector -- I enabled mission changes, and then selected a non-mission livery (one that came with the Twin Otter), and everything worked fine.

I appreciate the help,

Joe

• Deputy Sheriffs

You're right -- I see 1.03 now. Not sure if it was there all along.

Now I am confused as well. I see only version 1.02 of the Mission Pack, both in the Shop and the Download Shop. Where did you find it, Joe?

Now I am confused as well. I see only version 1.02 of the Mission Pack, both in the Shop and the Download Shop. Where did you find it, Joe?

The V1.03 update is available in the Updates Section at www.aerosoft.com

Theres also a V1.04b update should you need it on this page here.

• 2 months later...

The V1.03 update is available in the Updates Section at www.aerosoft.com

Theres also a V1.04b update should you need it on this page here.

Shaun,

Can you please elaborate about the origin of the 1.04b update?

Is this an official Aerosoft update?

Another thing, I cant seem to find the twotter missions in the update section. Is it in the pull down list? What is its full name?

Thanks

Shaun,

Can you please elaborate about the origin of the 1.04b update?

Is this an official Aerosoft update?

Another thing, I cant seem to find the twotter missions in the update section. Is it in the pull down list? What is its full name?

Thanks

The update is made by the person who developed them initially so the update is viable.

Hi Shaun,

I have two conclusions:

1. When I installed just DHC6 1.20, I kept getting "oh no, wrong airplane" message. When installed the separate sound pack on top of that, the message stopped appearing.

2. Mission pack 1.02 works OK, but the 1.04b update makes my FSX crash when I pick one of its missionsm from the missions tab.

I wish to try 1.03 update, but I cant find it. Can I please a link to it, or detailed instructions. Like I said, I cant find it in the update section of Aerosoft.

I appriciate your help very much,

Happy new year

Hi Shaun,

I have two conclusions:

1. When I installed just DHC6 1.20, I kept getting "oh no, wrong airplane" message. When installed the separate sound pack on top of that, the message stopped appearing.

2. Mission pack 1.02 works OK, but the 1.04b update makes my FSX crash when I pick one of its missionsm from the missions tab.

I wish to try 1.03 update, but I cant find it. Can I please a link to it, or detailed instructions. Like I said, I cant find it in the update section of Aerosoft.

I appriciate your help very much,

Happy new year

You need to register the Twin Otter Mission Pack to get the updates for it.

How does one register the product? I purchased it from a third party distributor, though I did register again when I tried reinstalling version 1.02 today due to the same error message (after recently reinstalling the Twin Otter 1.20 version clean). For now I will try the link for 1.04b.

Hello;

When you installed the product,you used the e-mail address,and serial number given when you purchased the product,log into the updates page,and from there,you should be able to register the product,you might have to register to log into that page as well,if you have not already done so.

Mark

Hello and thanks for the note. I registered the product online when I installed it, but there are currently no indications of an upgrade to version 1.02 in the Aerosoft Launcher, nor on the products updates page on the Aerosoft website. Anyway, I uninstalled the old Missions 1.02 and then installed version 1.04b, but I still get the same error message when trying to select the planes (from the Missions) for free flight. I did not have this message before upgrading the plane to version 1.20.

Hello;

I was just looking at the updates for the twin otter missions,and its 1.03,where did you get 1.04b from.try getting the update from the update section and install,see what happens then.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...