EZCA, TrackIR and Movement Freeze - Need Advice

Hello,

I purchased TrackIR and EZCA recently and configured it for the first time. When I work together with EZCA and TIR there are movement freezings instead of the smooth result. When opening the TIR setup view, the grid movement is very smooth but the result at the FSX is not. I have recorded what I am getting in FSX pilot camera, please see it here:

I am not sure where the problem comes from, not even if it's HW or SW related. I followed the videos for EZCA setup and read the TIR manual as well so I'm not sure if this issue was discussed. I have published my issue here hoping some of you have this wide system view and can help me figure this out.

I'm using W7-64Bit with i7-920, 6GB 1600 RAM and GTX480. The controls are Saitek Pro Yoke and x52 Pro, no Saitek profile was activated while testing.

Appreciate your support.

Moshe

Hi Moshe,

Have you tried just using TIR in FSX (just kill EZCA after it launches)?

Do you have your framerate locked or set to unlimited. I would try locking it at 30fps, and see if that helps.

Lastly, are you using the latest version of the EZCA and TIR software?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am using the latest version of both. I first disconnected the Saitek stuff to eliminate the option of conflicts there followed by limitting FPS, both did not help. Then as you suggested I killed EZCA and got no movment at all so I guessed I had to rename the 2 simconnect TrackIR files back to their original names, and that gave me a perfectly smooth movement. So we know now TrackIR alone is working fine. I tried using TrackIR original simconnect files with EZCA but that resulted flickering of the display now and then so this cannot solve ether (and was not supposed to). I reverted all back to the EZCA installed configuration and the problem is there. I uninstalled EZCA and TrackIR was working fine and then reinstalled EZCA and the problem is still there...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Moshe

an update: this issue is not only seen during head movement, it happens constantly every 2-3 seconds, even when loading the default flight with no controls connected. Without TrackIR and without EZCA effects on, everything is fine. If I press the left red button of the EZCA effects to turn it on, the distortion intervals begin, same happens if I start TrackIR. this is really strange.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Moshe

Hi Moshe,

Does it still happen if you don't press the left red button in EZCA for random head movement effects?

Also, in TIR do you have 'TrueView' disabled when using EZCA (it should be disabled).

Furthermore, you could post on the EZCA forum at www.simforums.com/forums and see if anyone else has experienced this issue with EZCA and TIR.

Chris

Thanks Chris, I just kept playing with the setup and it is fine now. it was related ether to the mouse middle button or to the "reset TIR while outrange", both are disabled.