PFE Voice Pack Installer Problem

Murfman

Hi,

I've come back to using PFE after a long absence, so I reinstalled it on my desktop and my laptop. I use FS9 on my laptop when I am travelling. I use FSX on my desktop, and the system is Windows 7. I run my laptop on Windows Vista.

Here's the problem: your installer worked fine on my desktop machine, but not on my laptop. It appears to work O.K., but doesn't seem to copy any voice files into the appropriate directory. In fact I get a warning that I don;t have the voicepak installed when I start up PFE. The installer says that I have given it the right path to PFE and that it has enough information to do the installation. When I click the button to continue, a process starts, but it only lasts about a second, after which I am notified that the installation was successful. Now, I know that it takes much more time than this to transfer that many files.

I tried using a registry cleaner in hopes of removing any traces of a previous installation. Also I consulted the PFE forum at OnCourse Software. It turns out that there was a similar problem of files not installing for users who were using the SimMarket version, and I tried the suggested workaround, but I got no good results.

Also I tried re-downloading the installer from your site, thinking maybe the file might have become corrupted, but that didn't help either.

I am stumped. Have you heard of anyone else with this problem? I am taking this problem to you and not OnCourse, because I am assuming that you wrote the installer, and this, I believe is where the problem lies, and not in the voice files themselves.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Sincerely,

Tom Murphy

Hi, Shaun,

Sorry it took so long to reply back. We've been on vacation, and this is my first chance to get on the internet. I just wanted let you know that I followed the links you provided and that they contained the solution to my problem. Thanks to you I am now enjoying PFE again on my laptop (even while on vacation!).

Thank you again,

Tom Murphy