G3d.DLL errors+EBBR=LOWI

Badfinger

Hi Everyone,

Hoping I can get a fix for this. I am getting g3d.dll errors @ AS EBBR, and AS LOWI. It happens enroute, not at the airports per se.For example, flight from LFMN to EDDM, @ FL370, approaching INN VOR CTD g3d.dll. Flght EDDS to EGCC, CTD @ BUB @ FL350 .

I have AS LOWI updated to the latest version, the recent patch. EBBR is current as well.

I have a large collection of aerosoft airports, and this only happens at the above terminal areas. I can fly into these airports, and take off without a problem. It only happens enroute.

I don't have any weird tweaks, I am very conservative in tha area.

I also have the following installed, and in the scenery libary according to developers instructions:

AES

UTX 1.4

GEX Europe 2

Scenerytech landclass, ( scenery libary insertion point as per Nick's instructions at Simforums)

AS EBBR, EHAM, LFPG, LOWI, LFMN, All GAP's and Mega airports.

Checked for double afcads.

W7 64

580GTX

8GB 1600 kingston Ram

FSX SP2

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Julian

Hi Julien,

In my experience g3d.dll errors are graphics related. You have a good system, but still with FSX if some of your slider settings are too high, like scenery density and autogen, it can cause issues.

One area in which, I've had success in reducing such errors is to set the water down to Low or Med 1.x. Maybe just try that first of all and see if it makes a difference.

There can be numerous reasons for such .dll errors, even down to corrupt graphics files that can't be read.

A graphics driver reinstall could be another solution....

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for you reply, yes, have water low. The thing I cannot fathom, is I can fly in and out of the airports in question, but not at altitude within the terminal area.And always abeam the INN and BUB VOR'S.

Will try bumping the sliders right down and see what happens.

Thank you for your help.

Julian

Ok, have just done some more flights, using different aircraft, settings all very low, no AI, no weather, LOD at low, and g3d.dll crash just west of SOGRI intersection, just entering the EBBR/EBST terminal area. I have tried different drivers. As all my other AS airports work fine, and the fact that I can leave and depart these airports, but not fly over them, is, well puzzling.

Ok. Next I'd suggest trying to eliminate your scenery.

Firstly, I'd try flying the route using default scenery. So turn off all Addon scenery (leave the GEX textures installed to save hassle). This includes deactivating UTX, which can easily be done through their utility.

Another thing, it may be worth doing the flight without programming the FMC to see if it's a case of bad navdata.

Gradually turn scenery back on until the problem occurs, and this should help pin point the source of the problem.

As this happens in different locations, I'm thinking UTX or navdata are the likely issue....

Chris

yep i also have the 1.20 and getting the G3D.DLL at 16.5 OEV/8500 feet every time

Sometimes but not every time missinglibraryalert=1 helps so i can continue the approach but sometimes it just crash

/Michael

Quite weird in fact. Can fly to the said airports, can even land there, but cannot overfly them. Have disabled just about every scenery addon, and still crashes. So have disabled both airports for now.

It may be a driver setting, but have FSX running very smooth, so don't want to fiddle with it, would rather not use the two airports <sigh>

Edit:The fsrecorder might be a clue for the developer, should he read this thread.

Cherrs

Julian

You mentioned not having many tweaks in your .cfg file, which is good.

However, do you have:

[Graphics]

Highmemfix = 1

I think it goes in the Graphics section IIRC.

Chris

It is easy to be confused because you dont really know where to begin to find a solution and sometimes you make two changes at once and therefor have difficult to find the thief that took hours and hours of frustrating moments instead of joyment..

I am still not sure or convinced that this is related to a specific problem but for me after 10 flights to LOWI i had a success on rwy 8 btw with the sunset and what i did it for me was reducing REX HD clouds or in other words Maxtextureload=1024 from 2048 in fsx.cfg.

..now the fun stof is that when you record it with the FSrecorder you can set everything to MAX and still have a very nice replay. This must be to the fact that all the calculation of the aircraft is not recorded and therefor free up GPU resources ?

Anyway its time to comprimise again when NGX has raised the bar for flight simulation again.

Last

LOWI is one of the most spectacular scenery outhere with very good FPS and should be in your scenery.cfg :-)

/Michael

You mentioned not having many tweaks in your .cfg file, which is good.

However, do you have:

[Graphics]

Highmemfix = 1

I think it goes in the Graphics section IIRC.

Chris

Hi again Chris,

Yes, have highmemfix. I have my fsx.cfg tweaked according to NickN @simforums. Anyway, will keep trying to find the error, and appreciate your help with this.

Cheers

Julian

It is easy to be confused because you dont really know where to begin to find a solution and sometimes you make two changes at once and therefor have difficult to find the thief that took hours and hours of frustrating moments instead of joyment..

I am still not sure or convinced that this is related to a specific problem but for me after 10 flights to LOWI i had a success on rwy 8 btw with the sunset and what i did it for me was reducing REX HD clouds or in other words Maxtextureload=1024 from 2048 in fsx.cfg.

..now the fun stof is that when you record it with the FSrecorder you can set everything to MAX and still have a very nice replay. This must be to the fact that all the calculation of the aircraft is not recorded and therefor free up GPU resources ?

Anyway its time to comprimise again when NGX has raised the bar for flight simulation again.

Last

LOWI is one of the most spectacular scenery outhere with very good FPS and should be in your scenery.cfg :-)

/Michael

It is a wonderful airport, and once I find the cause of the g3d errors I will be happier. I just need to dig a little deeper.

Hello Julian,

Make a safe backup of your fsx.cfg and then delete the original and allow FSX to write a new one without any extra additions on restart, then try the flight again.

Sometimes a tweak can cause issues but this test will find that out.

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for your reply, will try that, with bare bones and see what happens. I realise the problem is my end, as you would be well aware of it.

Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Julian

It did not help me with a new fsx.cfg , no UT2 and that makes me think that the tml=1024 is not the solution on long terms . oh my god

Have you tried to manually speed up your GPU fan? i have set mine to 40-45% to give it som cool air

/Michael

did not work with the limiter and no overclocking of CPU

Autogen On Normal and TML 1024

Still Crash at about 16.5 to 16 OEV/8500 with the NGX and patch 1.20

i7-950@4,2

HD5870 1GB

SSD 128 Windows 7 64

Raptor 300GB FSX

/Michael