F-16 FSX Crash :(

alexharvey52

I have installed the f-16 but whenever I select an F-16 in the aircraft selection i get a fatal error and FSX closes. I have tried starting a flight in another aircraft and then select the F-16 but 60% of the time it will crash and if it doesnt it will 30 minutes later :( Please help!

Hi

Also check that the C++ redist. files are properler installed and not corrupt:

64 bit version: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=15336

32 bit version: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5582

Also note that installing FSX under Vista or Win 7 in the default C:\Program files (x86)\ folder is generally bad for more complex addons due to those OS'es UAC policy.

Finn

Hey,

I am running Windows 7 64-bit and am not running it from the default directory. I have FSX +SP2

Please make a safe backup of your fsx.cfg and then delete the original and allow FSX to write a new one when it nexts starts and then test the aircraft.

Hello;

I have the F-16,and the mission pack installed on Fsx Acc.,Windows 7,64 bit system,I have Fsx Acc. installed on my D drive,in a folder by itself,everything works good.Are you haveing any problems with any other add-ons?Make sure you have the updates installed as well,I ran into a problem before installing these.Also have you started Fsx as administrator,see if that does anything.Make sure you have all the latest Windows updates.

Mark

I allways run it as admin, I am installing 2 windows updates now. Are there updates for the f-16?

Yes there is an update, you should try to install it if you haven't already done so.

Please see the Forums FAQs to see how to obtain updates.

• 4 months later...