Corfu X released

well it was the same i tryeid and got it down to CVX_CORFU.BGL because if you only use that file no other, you would se the default airport look like corfu X right when you start at corfu (the higer alt along the runway) and when you arrive it is flat again. by the way i would go futher in details as the developer is notifyeid, but yes it took more then 50+ flights to test

Well i have been tryeing to find a way to fix it, as you know and yesterday i found a way, so then i have been testing and tryeid tweeking, and here comes the fix file as a beta that should get it load right.

all you have to do is place the filein the following location: "flightsimulator folder" \Aerosoft\Corfu X\scenery

but i recomend you uninstall corfu X and manualy delt any files left behind if you have tryeid moving the files/folders around and do a new install, and then manualy place the file as shown above.

Hope it works for you to.. it have been tested on 2 pc´s so far, 1 as default and 1 whit flight1 GEX and UTX instaled

Thanks for the fix! Very much appreciated.

John

Thanks for the kindly words..

Well i have been working a bit on a camera view to Corfu X to those plane spotters.... Departure:

landing:

and as you can se i got it working whit a limit as i could find a way to create other specific folders in FSX so you would have to select it from the drop down menu of views....

The reason for this is i could stop the A and S key and if you only use this, it would be no problem but as i created a few others it would move the spot to the other airports when press A or S whitch isent good as it have side effects. So when you want to spot planes select the view: LGKR Bridge and when you fly els where set it back to dummy in the drop down menu (If you fly to Corfu no action is needed as its already set to dummy) . dummy is virtual cokpit as that would prevent FS from loading any other custom made views. thats all there is to it i would have used a better methot if i knew it.

ok here is what to do

1) go to startmenu and search for run on English windows open run and type %appdata% go to \Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

find the Cameras.CFG create a backup.

2) open the Cameras.CFG whit notepad and go to the last line insert this:

[CameraDefinition.100]

Title = Dummy

Guid = {8ea72d81-03df-4100-905f-098de9d2af00}

Description = This is a dummy

Origin = Virtual Cockpit

MomentumEffect =No

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = None

ShowAxis = YES

AllowZoom = TRUE

InitialZoom = 0.7

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ZoomPanScalar = 1.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = TRUE

ShowLensFlare=FALSE

Category = Custom

PitchPanRate=30

HeadingPanRate=75

PanAcceleratorTime=0

HotKeySelect=1

[CameraDefinition.103]

Title = LGKR Bridge

Guid = {8ea72d81-03df-4100-905f-098de9d2af03}

Description = Bridge RWY35 LGKR.

Origin = Fixed

InitialZoom = 0.4

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

AllowZoom = Yes

ShowWeather = YES

XyzAdjust = FALSE

ShowLensFlare=TRUE

Category = Custom

ClipMode = Tower

PitchPanRate=30

HeadingPanRate=99

FixedLongitude = E19*54.9284

FixedLatitude = N39*35.3800

FixedAltitude = 6.5

save it thats it have fun.. hope we would se some nice videos

Just out of interest, could you let us know what exactly this file does, as it is not a replacement?

Does it force a reload at a certain distance from the airport or something?

Thanks by the way for supplying this to everyone here,

need to try it tonight from LGAV...

Andrew

Well, it has done the trick... at least my test from last night indicated that...

Overflew the airport, then tracked out to sea for the right turn onto final for a VOR/DME approach onto 35, landed, and no mesh errors...

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to hunt this one down and provide us with a fix...

You have made CorfuX a viable destination for me again!

Andrew

Hello EmilG, Math, Shaun,

Shaun and Math have announced the release of version 1.11 (small update I guess).

I only own 3 aerosoft products so far which I downloaded and usually, updates are located in my control panel.

I can't seem to find this update though.

For corfu, 3 download links are displayed in my control panel (1.10 from germany, 1.10 from some other location and prepar3d version). no 1.11

Shaun said too look in the update, faq section.

I there found a tutorial telling me that i need to register the product but that it's done since it"s A DL purchase.

Is there another update section i am not aware of?

I am very confused and hope u can help me on this.

Best regards to AL (from brussels)

well if you buy at aerosoft you should be able to login here by using same password and so as on the shop, or use the password and so if you have got it frome elswhere and already signed up for another product: https://aerosoft-shop.com/support.php

if you got it from elswhere start New registration at the same link and it would guid you throu but only if you never used the database

hope that helped have a nice day..

thanx Shaun,

was able to get it.

That being said, it may have screwed something up.

Any idea on how to fix this

was working well not too long ago

installed an orbx scenery (setting FSX central back to default didn't help) since and the update 1.11 for corfuX

was working well before

47378111.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do you use another terrain program for EU ? as that seems like when i enable and disable some settings in UTX whit GEX.. i have seen something like that.. and how is the priority in the scenary folder is corfu X at the top

running my UTX europe setup tool, let it validate textures (what it does when executed) seemed to do the job

just opened the tool, wait a bit for it to load and exited

thank you KAPTE for pointing me to the right direction

it s strange though, that just happened for no reason

• Deputy Sheriffs

well yes i also had some problems when i got back to USA whit orbx after i insteled UTX EU....

Lars,

What did you do to solve this? I think I have the same but was not sure about the relationship between the two.

Like I said,

I had GE europe and UTX europe installed only.

Installed an addon from orbx

Installed the update ... flew around orbx new scenery with no issue

(I guess the problem was already there but did not see it at the time)

Went to fly around corfu but no water, just land

Thought it was because of update 1.11

Posted here

Went back to france and noticed i had the same issue

So i looked around on flight1 forum and was advised to run the setup exe of UTX

just run it, wait a bit for it to load and check files....(3 green check marks) then when opened, i just clicked the cross to exit the setup and problem was solved

Hope this helps

In my case, that was easy to locate the problem as i don't own many addons as I populate area I fly into only

Thanks for the kindly words..

Well i have been working a bit on a camera view to Corfu X to those plane spotters.... Departure:

landing:

and as you can se i got it working whit a limit as i could find a way to create other specific folders in FSX so you would have to select it from the drop down menu of views....

The reason for this is i could stop the A and S key and if you only use this, it would be no problem but as i created a few others it would move the spot to the other airports when press A or S whitch isent good as it have side effects. So when you want to spot planes select the view: LGKR Bridge and when you fly els where set it back to dummy in the drop down menu (If you fly to Corfu no action is needed as its already set to dummy) . dummy is virtual cokpit as that would prevent FS from loading any other custom made views. thats all there is to it i would have used a better methot if i knew it.

ok here is what to do

1) go to startmenu and search for run on English windows open run and type %appdata% go to \Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

find the Cameras.CFG create a backup.

2) open the Cameras.CFG whit notepad and go to the last line insert this:

[CameraDefinition.100]

Title = Dummy

Guid = {8ea72d81-03df-4100-905f-098de9d2af00}

Description = This is a dummy

Origin = Virtual Cockpit

MomentumEffect =No

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

Track = None

ShowAxis = YES

AllowZoom = TRUE

InitialZoom = 0.7

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

ZoomPanScalar = 1.0

ShowWeather = Yes

XyzAdjust = TRUE

ShowLensFlare=FALSE

Category = Custom

PitchPanRate=30

HeadingPanRate=75

PanAcceleratorTime=0

HotKeySelect=1

[CameraDefinition.103]

Title = LGKR Bridge

Guid = {8ea72d81-03df-4100-905f-098de9d2af03}

Description = Bridge RWY35 LGKR.

Origin = Fixed

InitialZoom = 0.4

SmoothZoomTime = 2.0

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = False

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = False

AllowZoom = Yes

ShowWeather = YES

XyzAdjust = FALSE

ShowLensFlare=TRUE

Category = Custom

ClipMode = Tower

PitchPanRate=30

HeadingPanRate=99

FixedLongitude = E19*54.9284

FixedLatitude = N39*35.3800

FixedAltitude = 6.5

save it thats it have fun.. hope we would se some nice videos

Do we have to change this?<pre class="prettyprint">Guid = {8ea72d81-03df-4100-905f-098de9d2af00}Do we have to change numbers (100. 103) there [CameraDefinition.103]<pre class="prettyprint"></pre>

</pre>

I am not sure what you mean.. [CameraDefinition.100] is just set by the user i used 100 as i dident see any thing use it, to avoide problems by other things. so you can set it as you like just be aware to use numbers not used. and the reason i used 100 and 103 is that i programed some other to 101-102 so to stop confusion in the support as i had 2 project running at once.

about the Guid = {8ea72d81-03df-4100-905f-098de9d2af00} this code is generated by a program you can download as its a special code FS use. and as before i then use {8ea72d81-03df-4100-905f-098de9d2af00} and {8ea72d81-03df-4100-905f-098de9d2af03} to identify camera 00 = 100 and 03 =103 as the last 2 destimals indicate just to keep it as clean as posible.

hope that helps whit the understaning of how it was build. so it was ment as a copy paste

• 1 month later...

Well i have been tryeing to find a way to fix it, as you know and yesterday i found a way, so then i have been testing and tryeid tweeking, and here comes the fix file as a beta that should get it load right.

all you have to do is place the filein the following location: "flightsimulator folder" \Aerosoft\Corfu X\scenery

but i recomend you uninstall corfu X and manualy delt any files left behind if you have tryeid moving the files/folders around and do a new install, and then manualy place the file as shown above.

Hope it works for you to.. it have been tested on 2 pc´s so far, 1 as default and 1 whit flight1 GEX and UTX instaled

I can confirm that this fix now solves the problem. I have made 3 fligts to LGKR and no more mesh issue.

Hello Al,

Not all download products are automatically registered. If there not in your list then you have to register them yourself.

Hello Shaun

I can not register my product Corfu X a CD boxed version witch I bought and I need the update

regards

Andreas

• 2 weeks later...

Ok since there was a request for a unrealistic ILS i made 1... Sorry the wating time but it wasent that easy to get it match the papi lights + get the pane touch down at the right spot as i had to manualy tweek and build the file... i hope it would work whit NGX but i haven´t tested it. but i made limited test whit 4 add-on planes and seems to be ok.. (MD80, fokker 70/100, wilco 737, fokker 60) so i hope it would work for the rest..

You just have to place the file in the (FSX folder)\Addon Scenery\scenery

It was it ILS frq is set 110:35 and is only working for Rwy 35 as 17 isen´t made.

Best regards LN

LGKR RWY35 ILS.zip

Ok since there was a request for a unrealistic ILS i made 1... Sorry the wating time but it wasent that easy to get it match the papi lights + get the pane touch down at the right spot as i had to manualy tweek and build the file... i hope it would work whit NGX but i haven´t tested it. but i made limited test whit 4 add-on planes and seems to be ok.. (MD80, fokker 70/100, wilco 737, fokker 60) so i hope it would work for the rest..

You just have to place the file in the (FSX folder)\Addon Scenery\scenery

It was it ILS frq is set 110:35 and is only working for Rwy 35 as 17 isen´t made.

Best regards LN

Dear sir ,

Thanks a lot for your excellent help.

I have installed it , but not tested yet. That is something for the next days.

Kindest regards ,

Tom.

Dear sir ,

Thanks a lot for your excellent help.

I have installed it , but not tested yet. That is something for the next days.

Kindest regards ,

Tom.

And I did a test with a PMDG NGX.

It went very well. Very nice touchdown and my first landing at Corfu without a problem.

Again , thanks a lot for your superb efforts to help me and other flightsimmers.

Tom.