Corfu X released

Andre, I take offense to that reply for three reasons.

• As a developer you should know that FSX has a nasty tendency to 'forget' to flush parts of it's memory. That's why you sometime get strange effects when you fly from one place to another. We seen this with many customers for example with our Lukla scenery. I have had a 'relead scenery' key binding for years and years. takes half a second to press and a few seconds to actually do it's work. It's even in my checklists for some landings. If only because it often makes framerates go up a LOT! Microsoft never replied to our questions on this.
  • It is not an issue you will see on a clean FSX and that's the only thing we (can!) guarantee. You know better then me that there are a lot of mostly freeware files that have slight errors that cause effects hundreds of miles from the area they cover. It has bugged our Manhattan scenery for example a lot.
  • It was not offered as a solution but as a solution that works while the developers are looking into the issue. Calling a temporary work around ridiculous is just bad form and a lack of respect for the developers.

I also like to make clear this is one of our best selling projects and that though we are aware of the issue we can NOT recreate it. We are almost 100% sure it is because another scenery interferes. We'll keep looking into this issue but chances you will see it are remote.

Well Mathijs as a long time customer you should know that I almost not complain to begin with in all those years be my guest to do a search.

Only one scenery from our country for obvious reasons...

As a loyal customer Mathijs I take offense from your reply for the following reason:

- I would really appreciated you looked into this case from the customer perspective and takes my remark(s) serious in a positive manner.

- I'm not the first school kid but and adult of 48 which vents that there is a problem with this particular scenery (which happen to have a bit more of FS knowledge).

- I have respect for every one that's contributing to the FS world, have done my share with over million of free ware downloads in the past...

- But I'm still entitled to find something ridiculous for my own reasons and state that too, it has nothing to do with a lack of respect in the contrary just a statement that a solution isn't normal to offer (customer perspective)...

(Because in 20 years of FS never needed that solution of a refresh)

- Have written off several Aerosoft products without a complaint in the past and will be polite here not to mention those products (happy to do that via PM)...

- We don't make products that needs a refresh in FSX hence this will be the first of all I own from Aerosoft and other company's , hence if you do this for years then Mathijs you have a serious problem on your local hardware.

This already takes to much from my time and this attitude is one of the reasons why I normally write it just off :(

This is the second time I ask for help in the forum after years, my problem is why go in a such defensive attitude instead of embrace the feedback and try to solve the issue.

Still have with the greatest respect the same opinion about the temporary solution offered.

Ps.: I don't have free ware files floating around here...

If I had a customer which has no problems local with a lot of FS software only with this scenery that would triggered my mind ;-)

I was just referring to a problem being specific to an individuals FSX setup rather than the solution given.

Where were you flying in from when this happens, maybe I can try a similar flight and see if anything happens here.

Appreciated Shaun for taking the time and willingness to look into it, happy to PM details if ok?

Cheers,

André

Why, when I install the version 1.11 update, do I still get Version 1.10 installed displayed in Aerosoft Launcher? Why is the Launcher not reading the product.cfg for CorfuX properly?

This is very strange! Could it be that the download version 1.10 has an error, because I am installed Version 1.10 without ever having had 1.00 and I get the mesh errors...

What is it with the Launcher? Where are the product version data from?

Andrew

I have 2 problems.

1st i try to install Version 1.10 but the installer can't see the FSX.I put it manually but again can't recognize it.

2nd i can't find the small update 1.11 in the forum.I tried a lot but nothing.What i miss??

I never had a problem with Corfu X, but let me suggest a stupid idea.

Do the users that have the mesh problem have the AFX_LGKR_ALT file in their Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Scenery/World/Scenery folder?

Once I had a similar mesh elevation problem with another scenery, due to the lack of such a file....

Sorry if this sounds noob-ish in any way ;)

Peter

well now i just made an test on my brothers pc, (Now testet on 3 PC´s), and that system is clean as it can be there have never ever been instaled FSX. but still after sp 1+2 only and let fsx rebuild after every SP and ofcause befor the SP1. but stil gets the error when arrive via that route in a default plane, as corfu X was only instaled.

and the elevation sems to be different. defalut airport file has the right alt acording chart 6 ft in the afcad file whitch inside FSX = 12,2ft , but whit Corfu X It shows 18,2FT in the simulator, a difference of 6 ft between default and Corfu X. and according real charts it is 6ft.

so a clean install fails...

I was a beta tester for CorfuX and I still havn't received my free copy of the latest RTM version.

This was released in 15 September now its the 2nd of November!

Any news on this mesh issue? I have since removed CorfuX pending an update. As it is, approaching CorfuX from certain locations requires a reload of the scenery manually... It sounds like a load priority issue. Does the CorfuX mesh have the correct priority for loading, or is it being superseded?

Andrew

My ground surface has distorted after updating Corfu X to version 1.10. Running FSX with Acceleration on win7/64 system with DX10 preview off. No other LGKR scenery loaded. Not sure whats causing the ground defect and how to correct the problem. Any ideas?

John

post-47507-0-21271100-1320536296_thumb.j

Hello John,

The dev is trying to find out but he cannot replicate it unfortunately.

Thanks Shaun

Also forgot to mention that I get the ground defects when arriving at LGKR. There are no ground defects issues for me when departing?

John

Well i have been tryeing to find a way to fix it, as you know and yesterday i found a way, so then i have been testing and tryeid tweeking, and here comes the fix file as a beta that should get it load right.

all you have to do is place the filein the following location: "flightsimulator folder" \Aerosoft\Corfu X\scenery

but i recomend you uninstall corfu X and manualy delt any files left behind if you have tryeid moving the files/folders around and do a new install, and then manualy place the file as shown above.

Hope it works for you to.. it have been tested on 2 pc´s so far, 1 as default and 1 whit flight1 GEX and UTX instaled

beta fix_lgkr.zip