Corfu X released

Well for the time being, I have repeated approaches from different areas, including close and further away, and have found no such problems.

The airport elevation (ALT_LGKR in scenery /world/ scenery) itself is loaded fine. What seems to be the problem is that something is preventing the surrounding mesh elevation to be rendered correctly to match the airport's elevation.

Do you have all mesh settings at maximum?

Have you also tried inactivating some other installed add-ons to check that these are not causing the problem?

If you try to land on RNW35 with crashes ON as soon as the wheels touch down (on the touch down zone) you get a plane crash.

No crashes have been reported for the runway either, not sure where the conflict may be coming from, perhaps another add-on? anything installed that would introduce mesh changes?

Sorry i first reply now,

Well it is a bit tricky because if i start at lgza and try slew to lgkr it loads right but if i fly to there it happens, by the way now i deactivete my few add-ons, butt dont expect it to cause it. but lets see and about settings it is as the manual shows.

well i just compleatet the flight whit add-ons diabled and the result was the same.

It does seem that it has to do with FSX core (i.e. not addon-scenery files), possibly through installation of 3rd party software, as only 2-3 cases reported this problem.

One quick test for you guys. Go to Aerosoft-->Corfu X-->scenery/ and look for the file CVX_CORFU.bgl

Rename this to CVX_CORFU.bgx and startup at LGKR. Is this reproducing what you see on approach?

If so, then please make a new scenery folder in FSX installation folder-->addon scenery/ (i.e. Corfu X mesh) with scenery and texture sub-folders. Add CVX_CORFU.bgl in the scenery folder, leave texture folder empty. Add this scenery folder through the scenery library in FSX, keep it on top of Corfu X in priority list, and try the same flight.

let me know if this works

well at apron it looks like it but at the water to the left of the runway dosent but would try what you say to se if that Fix it at appron then its a small step closer.

But about: possibly through installation of 3rd party software

Well i havent installed anything after Corfu X only updatet EFB database on the primary but since i test on 2 systems i dont think it is that as right now i test whit only FSX add-on airports and aircrafts.

Well i have good news when doeing as you say. I just had no problem but would take a new flight to dobble check

sounds good.. :) keep me posted

I as well have an odd thing going on with elevations around Corfu. Just uninstalled version 1 from the installer/rebooted/installed 1.1. This went fine. Corfu is 2nd from the top in the Scenery lib, with only AES above it. Platform is Win 7 64, FSX with Accel. Machine is an i7 950/6Gb ram/GTX 460. The only addons that I have in this region are Fly Tampa Athens and then much further away, Aersoft's Balearic Islands. Just Flight's Traffic X is installed, but way down on the scenery list, and there does not appear to be a bgl for LGKR in the traffic scenery folder. A pile of other addons (Orbx/Flytampa/FSDT/Aerosoft), but machine was installed from scratch earlier this year and is very stable.

With the first version, I had slight elevation issues between the apron and the runway, but did not take any screenshots. With ver 1.1, I have some really strange trenches going on and what looks to be duplicate taxiways to the runway - the elevation issues are much worse.

With version 1, I did disable AFX_LGKR_ALT.bgl in the world scenery folder temporarily, but put it back in service right away.

The following is a round-up of any file with *LGKR* in it:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Volume in drive S is New Volume

Volume Serial Number is C4D7-663E

Directory of S:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\AES\AIRPORT

15/08/2011 02:13 AM 718 AESA_LGKR_GRA.BGL

1 File(s) 718 bytes

Directory of S:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\AES.ORG\AIRPORT

03/10/2010 03:08 AM 718 AESA_LGKR_GRA.BGL

1 File(s) 718 bytes

Directory of S:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Corfu X\scenery

27/08/2011 10:33 PM 94,981 LGKR_3Dv1.BGL

22/09/2011 01:41 AM 459,318 LGKR_Ground_Autogen.bgl

25/09/2011 02:59 AM 2,945,253 LGKR_Lib.bgl

21/09/2011 02:20 AM 29,682 LGKR_Road.bgl

4 File(s) 3,529,234 bytes

Directory of S:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery

10/08/2011 08:53 PM 528 AFX_LGKR_ALT.bgl

1 File(s) 528 bytes

Total Files Listed:

7 File(s) 3,531,198 bytes

0 Dir(s) 363,857,321,984 bytes free

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Have not noticed the "AES.ORG" directory before. Not my doing on that one.

A few screen shots showing the issue. The first three are right after a flight from Athens to Corfu -

post-15296-0-88283800-1317711368_thumb.j

post-15296-0-75016500-1317711439_thumb.j

post-15296-0-52145600-1317711488_thumb.j

Next couple of screen shots show the airport with AFX_LGKR_ALT.bgl disabled in the world scenery - not that it should be disabled at all - but the airport and runway appear to be at the right eleavation - area around the airport gets messed up without it though. Returned the file to it's proper name right after taking the shots:

post-15296-0-06211700-1317712031_thumb.j

post-15296-0-59887300-1317712100_thumb.j

And this is with the AFX_LGKR_ALT.bgl removed, but occurs with it in as well. The Bus will travel right through the AI plane, which is sitting too far foward in the parking spot. Can live with this issue - not a biggy at all - the elevation issue is pretty odd though.

post-15296-0-00880200-1317712251_thumb.j

Any help is appreciated. Can provide additional info if needed.

- Jim

well yes but my test flight was from EKRN and for som reason it worked right and from some destinations it dosent. but still testing and did a compleat reinstall of FSX but same problem whit only using SP2 and dident acceleration. It worked from lgav but it was whit a default plane so now im tryeing to track it.

With the first version, I had slight elevation issues between the apron and the runway, but did not take any screenshots. With ver 1.1, I have some really strange trenches going on and what looks to be duplicate taxiways to the runway - the elevation issues are much worse.

With version 1, I did disable AFX_LGKR_ALT.bgl in the world scenery folder temporarily, but put it back in service right away.

Any help is appreciated. Can provide additional info if needed.

- Jim

The AES related files do not belong to Corfu X installation.

It looks like you have duplicate airport files. Since AES suppot for Corfu X has not been released yet, I would de-activate all entries of LGKR in these folders and try again.

The AES related files do not belong to Corfu X installation.

It looks like you have duplicate airport files. Since AES suppot for Corfu X has not been released yet, I would de-activate all entries of LGKR in these folders and try again.

Thanks - will try that this evening and report back. Did notice that there is AES support for a FS9 LGKR, I would assume that would be the BGL for LGKR in my folders. Would seem odd that it would interfere in any way since it is not active in the AES config tool and no doubt many other users would have AES installed as well. Will disable and test to see if there is an issue with that. If not, will keep the files where AES put them.

Searching for a 2nd airport file makes sense given that there are multiple taxiways and such. Will disable Traffic X in the scenery config and see if that makes a diff - with no other scenery installed in the area other than at Athens - can't imagine where a 2nd airport file would come from other than the traffic program. I have AFX licensed on a different machine - Does anyone know of a way to search for duplicate airport files without installing AFX or ADE? Will install if it comes to that, but trying to keep my main FSX machine very clean.

Thanks for the quick assistance - will test and report back.

J

Edit: Thinking about this a bit more, Corfu is the 1st addon scenery I have installed since purchasing/installing Traffic X. Given that there is not only an elevation issue, but the AI planes are parking in odd spots, I think this could be a very likely suspect. Does anyone else have Traffic X installed with Corfu X? If so, did you do anything with the Traffic X config after installing corfu? If disabling traffic X fixes things up, will head over to that forum with the issue. Will test this evening.

Thanks - will try that this evening and report back. Did notice that there is AES support for a FS9 LGKR, I would assume that would be the BGL for LGKR in my folders. Would seem odd that it would interfere in any way since it is not active in the AES config tool and no doubt many other users would have AES installed as well. Will disable and test to see if there is an issue with that. If not, will keep the files where AES put them.

Searching for a 2nd airport file makes sense given that there are multiple taxiways and such. Will disable Traffic X in the scenery config and see if that makes a diff - with no other scenery installed in the area other than at Athens - can't imagine where a 2nd airport file would come from other than the traffic program. I have AFX licensed on a different machine - Does anyone know of a way to search for duplicate airport files without installing AFX or ADE? Will install if it comes to that, but trying to keep my main FSX machine very clean.

Thanks for the quick assistance - will test and report back.

J

Also try to de-activate all the LGKR related .bgl files found in Traffic X folder by renaming to .bgx, no need to deactivate the whole entry.

Hello;

I see that you have My Traffic,have you tried renaming the bgl for the airport in the My Traffic,scenery folder,that usally corrects any AI airplane,and sometimes other problems that accur., with an add-on airport.

mark

Thanks Mark - checked on that and there was no LGKR BGL in Traffic X.

I tried disabling the AES BGL - no luck there either. Disabling Traffic X and AES had no impact.

In the end, I uninstalled the scenery again, rebooted - but this time loaded FSX and ensured the default was in good shape. Then reinstalled the scenery and went into thethe Aerosoft Launcher. - Now this is the embarrassing part! I noticed that the scenery was active in the launcher - but there was a button below the regular activate scenery that indicated there was an update to the scenery (The one that now states all products are up to date). I clicked on that, entered my email address, and it completed successfully. This is the step that I don't think I did after uninstalling version 1 and installing 1.1 - so this whole dual airport file thing may have been due to not completing that step.

Anyway - after doing the reinstall and proper update in the aerosoft launcher - all is fine. EmilG and Mark - thanks for the assistance...will slink away now and enjoy this fantastic scenery!!!!!

Regards - Jim

Few shots of the scenery with normal elevations and issue resolved! The airport and area is really is an amazing piece of work!!!

post-15296-0-09918900-1317799119_thumb.j

post-15296-0-67646900-1317799131_thumb.j

post-15296-0-92528900-1317799142_thumb.j

post-15296-0-73956500-1317799162_thumb.j

Hello Jim,

The file you need to look for in MyTraffic is BR2_LGKR.BGL

Thanks Shaun - I have "Traffic X" installed which did not not include a LGKR BGL file. Issue is resolved though - as mentioned - my own oversight with not updating the scenery in the Aerosoft launcher after uninstalling v1 and installing 1.1.

Cheers - J

I have just purchased Corfux, and firstly I would say this is an excellent add-on. I was lucky enough to fly into Corfu for real in the summer of 2010 for a holiday, landing on R35, and the sim certainly does it justice. Just for interest, when leaving we left on R17; I have never experienced such a bumpy runway; I was quite glad when we finally bounced into the air!! Not suggesting the developers try to reproduce this!

Anyway, just a couple of points which could perhaps be looked at. 1. When taxing out to R35, there is a sign that says: C R35 - R17. This sign is placed nearly across the yellow taxi line, and should of course not be there. I believe it is the original default sign, but unless it is my installation that should have removed this and has not, perhaps this can be removed? 2. Outside the departures section of the buildings there is a Hertz bus that runs along the apron. This is a nice touch, but it suddenly appears in this area; i.e., does not come from around the corner or somewhere. Today I was sitting at Gate 3 (I think!), and while going through all my checks etc found this very distracting. 3. Running alongside Runway 35 is a road, and as per the bus, item 2, is a car that suddenly appears in the same manner.

I know I could just switch off the latter two items, but I do like to see things 'moving' around the airport. As said just a couple of minor things really, but if they could be addressed with a future update that would be good.