Corfu X released

I have FSX SP2 installed.

Here are my settings:

I must say that I have tried lower settings than these f.e lower AI but still not much improvement.

The scenery is still fine, I just want to make it more easy to use ;)

Sorry to bother you Emilie...!

No worries, that's what we re here for.

So...i see you did not conform with the recommendations then :) I would stick to the manual's recommendations, but I can give you some very quick hints:

-Reduce water settings to a low2x (remember this is a Greek island which typically has much scenery in the water. The reflection calculations go through the roof when set too high)

-Reduce your sea traffic (major major FPS eater !, that's why we have the option of controlled sea animations :)).

-Switch terrain resolution to 30cm, no additional benefit for any higher.

-No need for Airport vehicle density, none will appear on this apron (wait for AES soon coming).

-You may also need to reduce AI Traffic depending on you AI package of course.

Start with these and the manual's recommendations and let me know.

Opting for a heavy aircraft will have you reducing some of the scene's elements.

That said (!), we measured FPS on similar systems, and the optimum settings for the scene gave us close to 30FPS with NGX facing LGKR at ground level at the end of RW35, and 22-25 on RW35 (''heaviest'') approach (FPS top left of the screen)

IMG_19092011_194224.png

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Emil,

I have two issues with this scenery, please advise.

1. The 3D grass apparently is only to look at, and not to drive through :) . My aircraft crashes when touching grass.

2. The Jeep and the bus drive to close by the Helicopter pad, causing helicopter crashes when still in the air hovering over the 'H'..

I have set the crash detection on and the airport traffic off.

The truth is that we have never came across such low FPS, not even during testing in dual core systems. That said, each setup is different so I d like to see what display settings (i.e. scenery/autogen density, water, AI traffic etc.) and which FSX versions you use.

Thanks for taking care.

I have FSX SP2 with Accleration pack installed.

My settings are as followed:

Hi Emil,

I have two issues with this scenery, please advise.

1. The 3D grass apparently is only to look at, and not to drive through :) . My aircraft crashes when touching grass.

2. The Jeep and the bus drive to close by the Helicopter pad, causing helicopter crashes when still in the air hovering over the 'H'..

I have set the crash detection on and the airport traffic off.

Hi,

Yes, to 'explore' the grass you will need crash detection OFF :) I will correct the helipad issue in the upcoming update.

Thanks for taking care.

I have FSX SP2 with Accleration pack installed.

Other than the water settings, which I would have them at low2x. for an island, I cannot see much else wrong with your settings. Perhaps, you could try setting the Level of Detail Radius to Medium but still this would not give you too much of a boost.

As is shown above, we can get good FPS with NGX as well as quality wings 757 on approach with almost full settings. I have to conclude that this issue should be due to different FSX setups between users.

Have you, in any way, edited the FSX.cfg manually? If so, you could try making a backup copy of it and allow FSX to rebuild a new one on restart.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, to 'explore' the grass you will need crash detection OFF :) I will correct the helipad issue in the upcoming update.

Thanks, Emilios.

The FTX sceneries also had crashable grass when some of their airports were released, but they managed to fix it in the end.

Thanks, Emilios.

The FTX sceneries also had crashable grass when some of their airports were released, but they managed to fix it in the end.

will see to that then ;)

Emilios , i really love this scenery alot, excellent work by you and your team and aerosoft, ive been waiting for a great corfu scenery for a while

Please if you could add to the control tower the rotating beacon on top, really would make the airport even better, always loved seeing it turn over the airport after landing there in the summer, ill never forget landing there in a Olympic B727-200 in 87:)

was last there in 2008.

looking forward to the next update

best regards,

alex

Hi!

I would like to say that me too I am dissapointed with FPS on this scenery, and my guess is that there is definitively a problem that is not due to computer perf but either due to the scenery or someting in our installation that may interfere with Corfu X.

Here is my findings : I tested lots of scenery with the weather and same settings in FSX (sliders to middle for most of them) with Dodosim 206. This chopper is very FPS wise and I can have my 25 FPS (limited to 25) in every other sceneries including NIce X, Flytampa Athens and Hong Kong, and Orbx airport in PNW. Even if I push the sliders to max, I can maintain 25 FPS on those scenery.

But Corfu X is the only scenery where I can not achieve 25FPS. The fact is that when I load the scenery, all seems fine but after a few minutes my FPS are down to 20 when looking to the airport or city. After that FPS can not go better than 20.... I alos landed with the NGX and got single digits FPS for the first time in my FSX carrier^^

That is why I think there is a problem somewhere...

I would be glad if you were able to look for the reason of this! I am ready to test if you want. That is a marvelous scenery but the reason I bought it is that I thought it would be the lighter scenery of all Aerosoft sceneries but right now it is not.

Keep up the good work

Pierre

PS I noticed that I had quite the same config and setting that Emi above. Mine is a laptop with seven 64 i5 460m and GTX 460M and I have only 4 gig ram.

well as said i dont have the airport but, know as i have used the taxiway lights as it seems to be the same model i used at Billund, and they have a big effect on the FPS as i remember.. but there might be something els

• Aerosoft

I would like to say that me too I am dissapointed with FPS on this scenery, and my guess is that there is definitively a problem that is not due to computer perf but either due to the scenery or someting in our installation that may interfere with Corfu X.

Here is my findings : I tested lots of scenery with the weather and same settings in FSX (sliders to middle for most of them) with Dodosim 206. This chopper is very FPS wise and I can have my 25 FPS (limited to 25) in every other sceneries including NIce X, Flytampa Athens and Hong Kong, and Orbx airport in PNW. Even if I push the sliders to max, I can maintain 25 FPS on those scenery.

I am almost 100% sure you will see better fps if you set your fps to unlimited. Only when you get very high fps (>50) does it start to make sense to limit it. With all sliders to the right I have major problems keeping a steady 35 fps when it is limited to 35. But when set to unlimited this is what I see.... 62 fps, average 60. With a aircraft that's more complex then the dodo.

So while there might be some aspect in the scenery your system does not like very much (we see that with nearly every project) I do not think that's true for all machines.

post-43-0-89621300-1316527009_thumb.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

I confirm to have about the same fps, around 60, if I am at exact the same spot in the picture.

I have my settings as advised in the Corfu X manual.

When taking off and landing, view set in VC, it is around 35fps however, using the Twotter.

Corfu%2520ramp.JPG

Intel Core I7 2600K 3.4GHz LGA1155 cpu, Kingston HyperX/8GB 1600MHz DDR3, Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI GTX 560 1GB GDDR5

• Aerosoft

Hi

I've just installed corfu x , activated scenery but now getting horrible squares in surrounding areas .

running fsx sp2 and acceleration .

The scenery does not really cover that region so I would say there is some conflict. I have seen this issue a lot with people who tweaked their FSX.cfg and it's almost always solved when you let FSX build a new one on start-up. If this does not help can you tell me what other products are included? The manual also discusses a few incompatibilities that were inevitable and can not be solved.

**Performance Update**

I have made some changes to the code that could have potentially been the problem with some FSX/PC setups. I have myself observed FPS increases approx. 20-30% on RW35 approach, on a limited number of PC/FSX setups.

Keep FPS to unlimited.

First, go to FSX Main Folder-->Aerosoft-->Corfu X-->Scenery and backup LGKR_Ground_Autogen.bgl and LGKR_Road.bgl

Then, pick up these replacement files here:

http://liveinfsx.com...und_Autogen.bgl

http://liveinfsx.com...s/LGKR_Road.bgl

and add them to that same folder again.

Post some results, so additional tweaks can be applied on our upcoming update.

• Upvote 1

well now i got it for a few hours and about the grass would crash the fs if the setting is on well it is becaus the grass is set to do so i see it whit a program and fixed it so im able to touch it whit out a crash so let me know if you want some info. or i just should corect it and upload.

update:

About the helipad it is object whit guid: 7DAAAFFA-0E1E-44D0-98E7-044ACFF27BA2 there seems to be the problem. as when removed or changsed it stops the crash. but i cant se what the file is fore.

• Deputy Sheriffs

**Performance Update**

[...]

Post some results, so additional tweaks can be applied on our upcoming update.

Thanks Emilios, for the quick patch you bring out.

On my system I do not see much difference, but it was'nt a big problem in the first place because I have framerates around 30 on approach (jumping between values of 25 to 37) with the Twin Otter.

Well i found that the taxi lights use the FX_navwhih.fx file. so the taxi lights use White lights insted of blue. only by changing the lights for the plane in ex. X Graphics other program or manualy it helps a bit, but still it need an effect for it self or bgl light. Then there is the approach light from inflight to rwy 35 you can se from rwy 17. I think it is a bgl light you use as when i removed all effect files they stil light up. so if it is bgl light a SeperationPlane could be used in the ASM coding so it´s only visible from one side, or mabee by using mdl tweaker and give the light a limitation.

Dont take it negative just some advice as i want to help to get it even better.

well now i got it for a few hours and about the grass would crash the fs if the setting is on well it is becaus the grass is set to do so i see it whit a program and fixed it so im able to touch it whit out a crash so let me know if you want some info. or i just should corect it and upload.

update:

About the helipad it is object whit guid: 7DAAAFFA-0E1E-44D0-98E7-044ACFF27BA2 there seems to be the problem. as when removed or changsed it stops the crash. but i cant se what the file is fore.

Well i found that the taxi lights use the FX_navwhih.fx file. so the taxi lights use White lights insted of blue. only by changing the lights for the plane in ex. X Graphics other program or manualy it helps a bit, but still it need an effect for it self or bgl light. Then there is the approach light from inflight to rwy 35 you can se from rwy 17. I think it is a bgl light you use as when i removed all effect files they stil light up. so if it is bgl light a SeperationPlane could be used in the ASM coding so it´s only visible from one side, or mabee by using mdl tweaker and give the light a limitation.

Dont take it negative just some advice as i want to help to get it even better.

Not negative at all, it is nice to see such interest.

All these are known 'issues' and are already, or are currently being, fixed/modified. I think you are going into many technical details that may confuse people who are trying to browse the thread for solutions to potential problems :)

Please use the personal message function for any further development enquiries/discussions.

Thanks.

I m very glad to report our recent works on performance :)

Introduced a new object drawing system with excellent results, giving us 50-65% increases on FPS in full settings.

We are now checking its stability and will be included on the update in the coming week.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

I m very glad to report our recent works on performance :)

Introduced a new object drawing system with excellent results, giving us 50-65% increases on FPS in full settings.

We are now checking its stability and will be included on the update in the coming week.

Thanks, looking forward to the update!

Please, can you also check the crashability of all objects on and near the apron and runways, I had several aircraft crashes in places where visibly I was not very near an object.