Corfu X released

• Aerosoft

Economically Greece is going through dire straits at this moment but the Greek islands will never lose their appeal. And we are happy to see Corfu represented in FSX with a very high level of detail being available in our shop now. It looks great, has loads of features and is fast enough for even very moderate computers. A perfect destination for your medium sized airliner or smaller aircraft.

http://www.aerosoft-...fux/corfux.html

corfu_05.jpg

corfu_54.jpg

corfu_33.jpg

Finest small airport scenery I bought. Same quality and style as Orbx but in a region that I like to fly in and better fps. All sliders to the right and I get 45 fps. Amazing.

Now leave me alone so I can try to get the PMDG 737 down there. Will be the first non ILS landing in a while.

Wow!! I just got this scenery and I can't believe my eyes!!

Such detailed scenery in every aspect ;)

It is a real pleasure to fly there from Athens LGAV.

All in one word: :excellenttext_s:

Thanks guys,

Peter

• Upvote 1

Just installed AS_CORFU X. There is some conflict of the scenery with another scenery/file I've installed previously, therefore I see that ground distortion. What might be such the file?

I think you should remove any AFCAD or BGL files associated with LGKR and try to re-install Corfu X.

This thing has worked for me ;)

Just installed AS_CORFU X. There is some conflict of the scenery with another scenery/file I've installed previously, therefore I see that ground distortion. What might be such the file?

Hi,

Do you also have FTX installed and activated? If so, could you let me know your setup details?

Hello EmilG,

First of all, thank you for making such a great scenery for corfu where I have had the chance to go many times on vacation.

It was thus a great pleasure to buy and enjoy this scenery I have been waiting for a while (even tried to make the beta team but didn't even receive an answer from aerosoft).

That being said, the product came with a nice surprise as i wasn't expecting to get a photoreal covered island....so it was all great new.

I just would have loved to see more building (just went from fs9 to fsx so i may be doing something wrong and the pantokrator antennas on the highest montain and more boats in gouvia marina and more details in paleokastritsa ....).

I know the price is low and what we get is already huge but i really wouln't mind paying some extra euros for more.

The feeling of being there was so amazing that i found myself willing more....blame yourself.

seriously, only issue that i am facing here is ...well see screenshot below.

unledpto.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello EmilG,

First of all, thank you for making such a great scenery for corfu where I have had the chance to go many times on vacation.

It was thus a great pleasure to buy and enjoy this scenery I have been waiting for a while (even tried to make the beta team but didn't even receive an answer from aerosoft).

That being said, the product came with a nice surprise as i wasn't expecting to get a photoreal covered island....so it was all great new.

I just would have loved to see more building (just went from fs9 to fsx so i may be doing something wrong and the pantokrator antennas on the highest montain and more boats in gouvia marina and more details in paleokastritsa ....).

I know the price is low and what we get is already huge but i really wouln't mind paying some extra euros for more.

The feeling of being there was so amazing that i found myself willing more....blame yourself.

seriously, only issue that i am facing here is ...well see screenshot below.

unledpto.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi,

I am glad that you are enjoying the scene. Corfu, or Kerkyra, is indeed a beautiful place and the variety of buildings is amazing. It is always possible to have more and more but keeping an eye on performance is important too :)

Now, regarding your issue there, it appears that the default AFCAD is showing up on top of the custom runway.

-Do you have any traffic add-ons installed?

-Have you got Runway specularity activated ?

-Could I also see a runway close-up?

P.S. Also I see that you have ground shadows activated. I d recommend keeping these OFF as most of the scenery buildings have built-in shadows. You could therefore save some FPS without losing any visual quality ;)

thanks for your fast anwser.

I do not have any traffic addon installed (just moved to fsx from fs9 because of corfu x)

Runway specularity is not activated

runway close-up here below

thanks for the tip regarding ground shadow.

unled1op.jpg

unledekk.jpg

thanks for your fast anwser.

I do not have any traffic addon installed (just moved to fsx from fs9 because of corfu x)

Runway specularity is not activated

runway close-up here below

thanks for the tip regarding ground shadow.

Which FSX version are you currently using? SP1,SP2,Acceleration?

just disabled apx53170.bgl to see what it looks like

will report back shortly

edit : it didn't correct my issue, there is another

afacd left are (since apx53170.bgl removed and backed up)

afx lgkr.bgl

afx lgkr alt bgl

yours?

just disabled apx53170.bgl to see what it looks like

will report back shortly

edit : it didn't correct my issue, there is another

afacd left are (since apx53170.bgl removed and backed up)

afx lgkr.bgl

afx lgkr alt bgl

yours?

Yes, both are from CorfuX, one is the airport, the other is an elevation correction. You do not need to disable any .bgl files, so you should re-activate the stock FSX airport that is in 0602 folder of scenery.

Are you on DX9/DX10?

Make sure you disable DX10. I can confirm that DX10 is causing that line issue on the runway. When I switched to DX9 it disappeared. :D

DX9 is reccomened for FSX as the DX10 feature is not finished. That's why it's a 'preview DX10'. :)

seems like we narrowed down to the issue, i have no idea what directx version i am using but pc is up todate so it should be directx on windows 7 pro

it's kind of embarrasing i need to go down to directx 9.....

video card ati 6870.

how do i have to do this?

unistall directx10 and install 9?

seems like we narrowed down to the issue, i have no idea what directx version i am using but pc is up todate so it should be directx on windows 7 pro

it's kind of embarrasing i need to go down to directx 9.....

video card ati 6870.

how do i have to do this?

unistall directx10 and install 9?

No worries :)

You can enable/disable DX10 preview through FSX Dispaly menu (see attached) and then restart FSX

post-40439-0-82275100-1316221304_thumb.j