German Airfields 11 - Landshut reddish ground texture problem

werki

Dear all,

I installled German Airfield 11 and Jessenwang is fine. However, the Landshut textures have an ugly reddish texture which sticks out like a sore thumb. I have Aerosoft VFR ground textures installed.

Any ideas how to change the textures to the lush green all around?

Help appreciated, thanks

Karl

Hi,

I use Christoph´s developer version of EDML - Landshut - and I have no problem at all. Nevertheless - we have to do a workaround, something has happend with the resampled aerial photo. So I am going to inform Christoph to have a look on that problem - I am sure it could be solved easily.

Greets

Rolf

Sorry,

an addition. Christoph has programmed seasonal changes of the aerial photo with the fields he has developed. This is a feature for users of default FSX Scenery only - if you use VFR Germany Scenery we recommand to use summer season to avoid problems like this.

Greets

Rolf

May be,

if you are close to the point of a season change - this refers the month of september for example, your FS X menue may represent summer during scenery already shows atumn textures. Depending on the location of an area the season change in FS X will take place at different days and even as well on late september as on early october.

To prevent trouble resulting on that facts, we recommand to press the button "summer" in the FSX time and season menue - this will make sure, using German Airfields 11, to get the summer texture set of the aerial image that matches with VFR Germany.

Otto, would you be so kind, to test the upper recommendation to make sure, that we really don´t have a problem. As I do not have any flying on july but have the reddish autumn texture when using the autumn button on menue.

Thank you

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, did several tests:

problem appears first on 1. September, although FSX says it is summer! FSX itself switches to autumn on 22.September.

Any date before 1. September is fine and the scenery matches with VFRG.

We will have to see, when winter and spring happens.

I didn't see this before, because last time I started at EDML was in August. But I remember that during winter I always choose Summer as a season when doing VFR flying in Germany/Europe.

That's the only issue with photoreal sceneries for large areas. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Otto

The solution for Karl ( Werki) is as recommanded - switch on summer using the FS X Menue to get the accurate texture set using German Airfields 11 and VFR Germany.

Rolf

Dear all,

thank you for the multiple responses. This is quite a community.

In respect of the root cause and the suggested workaround, I hope that in good Aerosoft tradition, there will be replacement files for those who own Aerosoft's VFR Germany textures. There should not be a texture change from summer to autumn or winter because the VFR worshippers do not need airfiields which have ground textures that do not blend right in.

Having said that, I note that EDML autumn textures would fit nicely into an Australian outback scenery actually.

Yes and the reddish colour remains throughout, also when taxiing.

Thank you in advance Aerosoft, I have full confidence in you.

Cheers Karl

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thank you, Otto

The solution for Karl ( Werki) is as recommanded - switch on summer using the FS X Menue to get the accurate texture set using German Airfields 11 and VFR Germany.

Rolf

Just clicking on "Summer" is not enough, as I wrote above! You should choose a specific date, like mid of July (for the northern hemisphere) to make sure to get the summer textures!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Otto, your screenshot is from the air... Is everything still red when you land?

Yes of course, I just did it from the air to show the covered area.

Dear all,

thank you for the multiple responses. This is quite a community.

In respect of the root cause and the suggested workaround, I hope that in good Aerosoft tradition, there will be replacement files for those who own Aerosoft's VFR Germany textures. There should not be a texture change from summer to autumn or winter because the VFR worshippers do not need airfiields which have ground textures that do not blend right in.

Having said that, I note that EDML autumn textures would fit nicely into an Australian outback scenery actually.

Yes and the reddish colour remains throughout, also when taxiing.

Thank you in advance Aerosoft, I have full confidence in you.

Cheers Karl

Good Morning Karl,

I am one of the developers of the scenery.

We had to consider those users who do not use Scenery Germany addon - they need seasonal texture changes as we use a small surrounding of the airport with aerial picture. So they would have a summer textured area in the middle of a spring, autumn or winter surrounding area.

To create two aerials one with and the other without seasonal change would be rather complex not to develop but to handle with the installer and the user - so we think, it is an easy way to chose a summer season for all scenery germany users - should be communicated with the manual, sorry that was forgotten.

Rolf

Good Morning Karl,

I am one of the developers of the scenery.

We had to consider those users who do not use Scenery Germany addon - they need seasonal texture changes as we use a small surrounding of the airport with aerial picture. So they would have a summer textured area in the middle of a spring, autumn or winter surrounding area.

To create two aerials one with and the other without seasonal change would be rather complex not to develop but to handle with the installer and the user - so we think, it is an easy way to chose a summer season for all scenery germany users - should be communicated with the manual, sorry that was forgotten.

Rolf

No hard feelings Rolf,

very nice airports in any case, good work.

If there is nothing else to worry about .........

Karl