An-225 or An-124

pilottj

I am curious if Aerosoft has thought about the Antonov super heavies for a project. A payware quality An-225 would be awesome because it simply is the ultimate large cargo aircraft. The 124 would be a little more practical because it is a little more common. Both have amazing capabilities.

Cheers

TJ

• Upvote 2

An Antonov 225 or 124 would be fantastic. More so if we could get something to do with it like some missions to transport heavy loads from x to y. Perhaps some extra models of a tram locomotive or other such items which one could load/unload and actually see it gently swaying inside the cargo hold as the aircraft goes through turbulence...

I also think that an AN-225 or AN-124 would be an amazing aircraft for FSX. It looks as though the AN-124 would be more likely though, because there are 58 AN-124's and 1 AN-225.

• Aerosoft

I have looked at something like that, even spoke with the UK company that owns almost all of them. However the cockpits are so incredibly complex and has so many separate stations that I think it's impossible to do something serious without a gigantic budget.

• 3 weeks later...

Some time ago on another forum I met a guy from Ukraine who was working on a high-quality AN-225 project for FSX. Progress was being made slowly and the intentions were to release it primary for the Russian market. Not so strange if you consider that the AN-225 cockpit is fully in Russian. The real AN-225 is being flown with a cockpit crew of 5 persons and it was the intention that the AN-225 project they were working on (that guy was not the only developer in the team) could be flown with 5 persons either.

Maybe if you can track this guy you can help each other out, but it will be difficult. The guy I'm talking about is no longer on the forum where I've met him, I don't know where he went. But anyway for those who are waiting for an FSX AN-225: there's hope!

As Simon said, I wouldn't mind any Russian aircraft. I do know Project Tupolev is doing a FSX Tu-154B2 and a FSX IL-62 as we speak, and there's hope for a fully featured IL-86 also. However, the more developers that do Russian aircraft the merrier.

As you can probably tell from my username, I'd be quite excited about this. I wouldn't mind seeing something from Aerosoft along the lite complexity of the Airbus, but I must ask - would it really be necessary to simulate each station? The real planes have positions for the pilot and copilot, clearly, as well as a flight engineer station. Whatever stations are left over (I'm presuming navigator is one of them) are surely superfluous within the bounds of Flight Simulator?

Regardless, I'd love to see a rendition of the An-124 and 225 with Aerosoft's attention to detail!

• Upvote 1

With only one single 225 available, that is going to be a mammoth task to get it even vaguely correct. A 124 might be a simpler undertaking. A 154 or Il-62 is an interesting prospect. I remember walking around an Il-62 that was in in a field south of Berlin in the summer of 1990. Interflug colours.

Andrew

Given the commonality in aircraft systems between the An-124 and An-225, I don't really see why it would require any more effort to replicate it in flight simulator,.

• 7 months later...

I agree, I would looovvee to see a high-quality AN-225 out and about for sale! I don't expect anything too complex as like it was stated only one 225 in service, but still! A wonderful outside model and a decently modelled VC maybe just done by photographs; maybe not the most detailed or accurate model, but better than freeware that's for sure :D

• Upvote 1