Mega Airport Schiphol framerates

I'm saying schiphol reduces FPS so much that I can't use any other addons with it. I'd rather have schipol be of less detail so I can run it with my addons.

But with the same reasoning you could say your other add-ons make it hard to use them with Schiphol, right? You clearly feel (and perhaps rightly so) that the world around you is not as important as the aircraft you fly in. I personally do. We all use the sim in a different way. But with Schiphol as it is we all will have to make compromises when using it. I think Aerosoft did a good job explaining why things are as they are. I got little or no problems with Schiphol as long as i remember to set the sim right before I approach (in my case I set a very low AI traffic as that hurts me a lot). In the attachment you see me on final. 29.3 fps at that moment, 27.4 on average. In one of the most complex VC around. I think it looks pretty good and is plenty fast for me.

Always keep in mind that people who got an issue write and people who do not do not. That's fine but it always leaves a rather one-sided view.

post-27525-0-19635400-1316087525_thumb.j

I must say that over the past few weeks i have becomed more and more to like the EHAM scenery , never thought it would take me so long to find a "standard graphic" spot for the NGX but comprimise is the key factor. Reducing REX clouds to none HD and 1024TML+ Autogen on Normal seems like a nice deal.

With this setup i have 25-30fps with AI in EHAM dropping down sometimes to 20fps.

Now Amsterdam city is pretty huged when you set the Autogen to Max so this array is well known for OOM. I rather have OOM than regular CTD (G3D.DLL for instance) so i can only say that EHAM has improved over the weeks (still DO NOT TOUCH THE GRASS instead of TAXIWAYS.IF SO I am going through blackholes to FL080 doing 260knots)

/Michael

• Aerosoft

I must say that over the past few weeks i have becomed more and more to like the EHAM scenery , never thought it would take me so long to find a "standard graphic" spot for the NGX but comprimise is the key factor. Reducing REX clouds to none HD and 1024TML+ Autogen on Normal seems like a nice deal.

With this setup i have 25-30fps with AI in EHAM dropping down sometimes to 20fps.

Now Amsterdam city is pretty huged when you set the Autogen to Max so this array is well known for OOM. I rather have OOM than regular CTD (G3D.DLL for instance) so i can only say that EHAM has improved over the weeks (still DO NOT TOUCH THE GRASS instead of TAXIWAYS.IF SO I am going through blackholes to FL080 doing 260knots)

/Michael

If you got OOM errors there try to reduce car traffic. I seen it pay a major role.

If only we had a sim that would handle all this on it's own without the user having to tweak the sim to hardware and settings. Oh wait we do, FS2004. Lol.

If you guys want to improve this scenery at least a little bit within your limits then COVER THE AUTOGEN EXCLUDES THAT RUN MILES AND MILES around the airport. It looks terrible, you fly an apporach and there is literally ZERO autogen underneath. UK 2000 did the same thing with there scenery and people started complaining and im sure the sales numbers stated to fall, and they fixed it and there scenery is sooo much better for it, please fix this, I know it can be fixed, you have to tie your airports into GEX and UTX and keep the autogen right up too the airport fences!

Cheers

If you guys want to improve this scenery at least a little bit within your limits then COVER THE AUTOGEN EXCLUDES THAT RUN MILES AND MILES around the airport. It looks terrible, you fly an apporach and there is literally ZERO autogen underneath. UK 2000 did the same thing with there scenery and people started complaining and im sure the sales numbers stated to fall, and they fixed it and there scenery is sooo much better for it, please fix this, I know it can be fixed, you have to tie your airports into GEX and UTX and keep the autogen right up too the airport fences!

Cheers

hmm maybe i dont understand it but if you land on rwy 27 you will se lots of autogen and the city and surroundings but maybe you meen something else.

I pretty much have VAS at 3.2-3.7gb everytime using Normal Autogen

Michael

Mathijs,

Is it ok with you if I make a "fitting" photo groundscenery that matches NL2000 and upload it at Avsim ?

Already I could upload the roads packages for the default scenery and the UTX roads.

The sceenshots shows the idea ; I now have to make the airport ground environment, as currently it show the default FSX grass.....

Also I will make it compatible with AI car traffic on the roads.

post-10211-0-64536200-1316954366_thumb.j

post-10211-0-84248400-1316954749_thumb.j

• Aerosoft

Mathijs,

Is it ok with you if I make a "fitting" photo groundscenery that matches NL2000 and upload it at Avsim ?

Already I could upload the roads packages for the default scenery and the UTX roads.

The sceenshots shows the idea ; I now have to make the airport ground environment, as currently it show the default FSX grass.....

Also I will make it compatible with AI car traffic on the roads.

Sure, but if it contains any files that are part of ten product it must be shared only by our side.

• 2 weeks later...

I run fs2004 with Aerosoft schiphol, the framerates are ok, 20-25 mostly...

But when approachting at about 1000ft there is a lag of 3-5 seconds. No difference when i disable all traffic... :(

I run the last updated 1.14 version of schiphol

Can this please be fixed:(

Or have someone ideas how I can fix this mostly?

I read this for Aerosoft Heathrow:

What is changed in London Heathrow V1.1?

- main buildings don┤t appear at once anymore. Now they are loaded "one after the other" to smoothen the approach/scenery loading

- both texture sets (normal and HighRes) have been reworked to provide a smooth approach without stuttering and loading times during approach

------------------------------

Can't this be done for Schiphol too? i think its the same issue?

I run fs2004 with Aerosoft schiphol, the framerates are ok, 20-25 mostly...

But when approachting at about 1000ft there is a lag of 3-5 seconds. No difference when i disable all traffic... :(

I run the last updated 1.14 version of schiphol

Can this please be fixed:(

Or have someone ideas how I can fix this mostly?

I read this for Aerosoft Heathrow:

What is changed in London Heathrow V1.1?

- main buildings don┤t appear at once anymore. Now they are loaded "one after the other" to smoothen the approach/scenery loading

- both texture sets (normal and HighRes) have been reworked to provide a smooth approach without stuttering and loading times during approach

------------------------------

Can't this be done for Schiphol too? i think its the same issue?

I replied to your other post.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today I bought the Amsterdam Airport add-on. I installed it from the cd but when I start FSX I see a lot of trees on the runway at Schiphol and almost no buildings. How can I solve this problem? Did I do something wrong?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please do not mix different issues within one topic. This topic is about framerate and not trees!

To answer your question: Maybe there is another scenery interfering with Amsterdam. Check this first, then serach the forum and if you don't find a solution, open a new topic!

Today I bought the Amsterdam Airport add-on. I installed it from the cd but when I start FSX I see a lot of trees on the runway at Schiphol and almost no buildings. How can I solve this problem? Did I do something wrong?

Hello Yuri,

You may want to also search this forum as this topic has been mentioned and answered numerous times.

This seems to be the most current thread on MAP Amsterdam and it's problems so let's continue...

A mysterious product has been added to the pre order section of the shop: Mega Airport Amsterdam for X-plane 10.

So besides the announced Rome Fiumicino project, Cornel from DFS seems to be alive again (given that Cornel is needed for the conversion).

This seems like the perfect time for an update and optimize the scenery for FSX as well. Can we expect such an update?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cptawsom

I just bought the airport.

It is very good visually, but as it has been mentioned, awful at fps.

Any suggestions?

Perhaps setting the AI traffic to zero?

PS: I've only done one night (winter) take-off so far, with a PMDG 747-400X.

I just bought the airport.

It is very good visually, but as it has been mentioned, awful at fps.

Any suggestions?

Perhaps setting the AI traffic to zero?

PS: I've only done one night (winter) take-off so far, with a PMDG 747-400X.

Please, tell us at least, what cpu do you use?

I ask because I still don't use the 744x, as -for this bird only- 512 Megabyte of video memory on your video card have to be available. I.e., your o/s needs x Mb, fsx needs x Mb, 744x needs 512 Mb, fsx real weather needs x Mb, and EHAM fsx needs another 512 Megabyte of video memory! That's why I don't buy 1 GB video cards.

So you see, I am just using a video card with 2048 Mb video memory + a not-really-slow high end cpu with 4 cores. And I am still not using the 744x....

Because there are fsx situations, where you need more than a amd Radeon 6750 2048 MB ddr3, especially something with more speed, like amd Radeon 6850 2048 gddr5 (which I didn't test yet).

So, we are able to help you, but at least one detail of your system would be needed.

Guest cptawsom

I switched off everything from the airport configuration tool (AESLite), I switched off from FSX airport vehicles and aviation traffic, and set airliner traffic to 20%.

It was playable then, even at night with the PMDG 737-NGX, unless I was in the VC with the HUD.

Everything else about FSX runs fine on the system:

- Intel i7-860

- 16GB RAM

- nVidia 9800GT (1GB)

- Windows 7 64-bit

In general, with FSX, I am little CPU-bound, due to its very inefficient coding.

Guest cptawsom
I switched off everything from the airport configuration tool (AESLite), I switched off from FSX airport vehicles and aviation traffic, and set airliner traffic to 20%.

With the PMDG 747-400X, which is a bit lighter, it is playable even with airline traffic at 100%.

PS: Because non-busy Schiphol, is no Schiphol.

It was playable then, even at night with the PMDG 737-NGX, unless I was in the VC with the HUD.

Everything else about FSX runs fine on the system:

- Intel i7-860

- 16GB RAM

- nVidia 9800GT (1GB)

- Windows 7 64-bit

In general, with FSX, I am little CPU-bound, due to its very inefficient coding.

Well, for nvidia graphics and amd cpus you better ask somebody else. But your cpu + ram does not really seem to be very slow, 4 cores + enough memory, so you should be able to run fsx without notable frame rate losses.

Seems as it depends on your fsx settings. And...

Do you know a comparable aspect of 9800 GT, is it slower or faster than amd 6850 gddr5?