DHC6 reverse throttles

mica001

Sorry if I missed it in the manual, which is great BTW, but with FSX I cannot figure out how to get reverse throttle to work without having to pull them both back with the cursor.

I have 2 levers, one for each throttle, and cannot figure out how to make them come all the way back to reverse. The only option I can come up with is to either use the cursor to drag them back one at a time (can't seem to find a click point to operate both at the same time) or assign F2 (throttle decrease quickly-which does not bring them back all the way anyway) but only one throttle can be assigned.

Any idea? I am fairly new to FSX so limited knowledge.

This aircraft is my first Aerosoft and love it so much so I am using it as my main in the VA I have recently joined.

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry if I missed it in the manual, which is great BTW, but with FSX I cannot figure out how to get reverse throttle to work without having to pull them both back with the cursor.

I have 2 levers, one for each throttle, and cannot figure out how to make them come all the way back to reverse. The only option I can come up with is to either use the cursor to drag them back one at a time (can't seem to find a click point to operate both at the same time) or assign F2 (throttle decrease quickly-which does not bring them back all the way anyway) but only one throttle can be assigned.

Any idea? I am fairly new to FSX so limited knowledge.

This aircraft is my first Aerosoft and love it so much so I am using it as my main in the VA I have recently joined.

Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Might be an idea to check the support of the people who designed your hardware. I'm sure that many would have had the problem as there are default planes that use reverse thrust on both engines.

Might be an idea to check the support of the people who designed your hardware. I'm sure that many would have had the problem as there are default planes that use reverse thrust on both engines.

I thought Aerosoft was the designer. Is this the wrong forum? Like I said this is my first Aerosoft plane. I thought this was the Aerosoft support forum.

Says Aerosoft on the webpage.

DHC6 twin otter not from Aerosoft?

Another issue is that the Autopilot has stopped working several times. I have been doing a few flights and without even touching the keyboard or any of my yoke buttons it will just stop working though the actual autopilot on the screen shows it is still working, the plane has lost heading and altitude.

Do yo know where to seek help for the Aerosoft DHC6 twin otter if this is not the correct place?

Thanks

Depending on the hardware and its' software support, you may need the payware version of FSUIPC.

Thanks. I have the unregistered version but have been looking into getting the registered so will probably do that now.

Appreciate the help.

Not sure what more you want? We've told you it's nothing to do with the Twotter. We;ve pointed you to two viable alternatives for solutions - hardware support for your still-unnamed hardware and the advanced control functionality of FSUIPC. Don't know how much more of a hint we can offer?

Disengagement of the a/p cannot have anything to do with the model or else it would have been reported before, so it too is likely a hardware-related issue - either a duplicate entry in the control.cfg or, more likely, inappropriate setup of the hardware on which the hardware version of the a/p on/off resides...

And you missed completely the answer to your question. We referred you to the maker of your hardware.

There is nothing wrong with the DHC-6. There is no native support for a `pull-through-to-reverse` throttle control in FSX...

Not sure what more you want? We've told you it's nothing to do with the Twotter. We;ve pointed you to two viable alternatives for solutions - hardware support for your unnamed hardware and the advanced control functionality of FSUIPC.

Disengagement of the a/p cannot have anything to do with the model or else it would have been reported before, so it too is likely a hardware-related issue - either a duplicate entry in the control.cfg, or more likely inappropriate setup of the hardware on which the hardware versin of the a/p on/off resides.

And you missed completely the answer to your question. We referred you to the maker of your hardware. There is nothing wrong with the DHC-6.

I have to disagree. I have many payware and never any issues with any of them from Carenado, Lionheart, Flight One, DreamFleet...Well, I keep getting a fatal error message, 3 times now and FSX closes. Does not happen with any other payware, freeware, default aircraft I have.

I will seek a refund from the place I purchased it.

These type of issues are over my head in dealing with.

Thanks. Great support.

And now you introduce a completely different question and a completely different problem..? You've made NO mention of a fatal error message before.

What IS it, specifically? And no hardware specs = no possibility of any meaningful support.

It is that simple.

Over to you.

Not to pick holes in your argument but DreamFleet ceased to exist as a design entity several years ago, and have NEVER released a fully SP2/Acceleration native model. So how do you get support from them? I have Lou's email address, but you don't.

You absolutely have no clue if you think Carenado is the epitome of a trouble-free release!

And Lionheart and Flight One will tell you EXACTLY the same thing about thrust reverse and the solution. So why haven't you implemented their suggestions before coming here?

Please don't start throwing out inane comments when you have no clue what you're talking about. Stick with what you need help with,

READ the answers that are given and PROVIDE the information for an effective resolution of your difficulty..

Or don't - your choice. You're the one with the problem. I have reverse thrust for the Twotter working perfectly on my yoke and joystick, and have never had a fatal error message caused by the basic package...

And now you introduce a completely different question and a completely different problem..? You've made NO mention of a fatal error message before.

What IS it, specifically? And no hardware specs = no possibility of any meaningful support.

It is that simple.

Over to you.

Not to pick holes in your argument but DreamFleet ceased to exist as a design entity several years ago, and have NEVER released a fully SP2/Acceleration native model. So how do you get support from them? I have Lou's email address, but you don't.

You absolutely have no clue if you think Carenado is the epitome of a trouble-free release!

And Lionheart and Flight One will tell you EXACTLY the same thing about thrust reverse and the solution. So why haven't you implemented their suggestions before coming here?

Please don't start throwing out inane comments when you have no clue what you're talking about. Stick with what you need help with,

READ the answers that are given and PROVIDE the information for an effective resolution of your difficulty..

Or don't - your choice. You're the one with the problem. I have reverse thrust for the Twotter working perfectly on my yoke and joystick, and have never had a fatal error message caused by the basic package...

Yes, I did a few posts into this.

To add: Flying in FSX with a dual core intel 3.2, ati 5750, 4GB DDR3 REX, FTX, SceneryTech, many Corenado aircraft and I just finished doing the same route in the Lionheart Epic LT with the AP voice notification activated, the cockpit radio playing, the Northstar PDA activated and glass cockpit in full use.

Each time I have tried to fly any length of time I now get a fatal error with the DHC6 Twinotter. Next flight I will try the Carenado HD208 again though it has never shown an error no matter what the weather.

OS?

Sound specs?

Sim version?

Modified default files (FSX.cfg, shader model?)

What is the EXACT error message?

You aren't making this easy. If we don't get a full reply from you then I expect you will receive no further advice as no-one can help you unless you are prepared to help yourself.

OS?

Sound specs?

Sim version?

Modified default files (FSX.cfg, shader model?)

What is the EXACT error message?

You aren't making this easy. If we don't get a full reply from you then I expect you will receive no further advice as no-one can help you unless you are prepared to help yourself.

Well, I do apologize. I am not real familiar with all this and to be honest I think that what got me set off was to begin with I had to join a forum to get support for a program that I purchased thinking it would be working properly. I have had a few issues with Lionheart and Carenado aircraft and always gotten support by contacting them through email.

I do not have the knowledge, time or patience to have to join a forum for this. THe only reason I did was because I really wanted this aircraft and to have it work properly.

I did the same flight with the Carenado HD C208 and had no error either so I know even though I have little knowledge with PCs that it is not my PC hardware.

My OS is windows 7, my sound I do not know, whatever in in the PC(LMK where to find that and I will), Sim version is FSX deluxe with sp1-2 installed, I don't know about modified default.

I am wrong I forgot I had a Rocketfish sound card installed when I go tthe PC and I do not know the errrors except that each time after about an hour into the flight the FSX freexes and a message box says 'fatal error' and closes and the restars FSX but to the page where I setup flight all over again..

Well without knowing exactly that the fatal error message is, we cant help...

As a wild guess, you might check the asc.dll module isn't triggering a FSX collapse, then check with Rocketfish support to see if they are aware of sound problems with their card and FSX.

But equally the fatal error could be the `standard` FSX out of memory message which has nothing to do with the addon, but you can do your own research on that as it's a well-know problem with an established solution for Win 7 users.

It might be the old UIAutomation problem that is also indigenous to Win7/FSX.

It might be your anti-virus is taking it upon itself to throw a wobbler on a read/write

It could also be graphic card overheating, or video card driver discrepancy.

Perhaps the power supply is on the fritz.

I take it there is no further intervention required on the thrust reverse `problem` now that you know it isn't a problem? Yiou are using the same solution as with those other turboprops you reference - the Epic LT and the PC-12?

Joining fora is the standard way to receive support in FSX. You can also email support at Aerosoft, but they work office hours and on a first come, first served basis so you might wait some time for a reply. And then find that the problem is nothing to do with the Twotter...

Hello mica001,

Is your OS 32/64 Bit.

Yes, Win7 64. I have tried several other payware aircraft, some HD and no problems.

What gets me is not only the error but why the AP changes. I have noticed it is when I change views it will not be as I had it set, for instance I might have it set for heading and then all of a sudden it is set at approach. The alt I can have set and then notice that I am gaining alt and come to find out the AP has gone off.

I have checked and double checked my assignments and they are as they should be and no other aircraft programs have given me any problems like this whatsoever.

Could a bad download have caused this?

Like I said, I have not had any problems with FSX, any other of my payware aircraft and besides this issue my flight simming runs pretty smooth.

It was suggested I do an uninstall and redownload and install but I do not see an uninstaller anywhere for the Twin Otter.

Yes, Win7 64. I have tried several other payware aircraft, some HD and no problems.

What gets me is not only the error but why the AP changes. I have noticed it is when I change views it will not be as I had it set, for instance I might have it set for heading and then all of a sudden it is set at approach. The alt I can have set and then notice that I am gaining alt and come to find out the AP has gone off.

I have checked and double checked my assignments and they are as they should be and no other aircraft programs have given me any problems like this whatsoever.

Could a bad download have caused this?

Like I said, I have not had any problems with FSX, any other of my payware aircraft and besides this issue my flight simming runs pretty smooth.

It was suggested I do an uninstall and redownload and install but I do not see an uninstaller anywhere for the Twin Otter.

And again I apologize for the way I was. I am not a forum person and do not care for them and it wasn't till later that I realized that the person snave is only a member here and not owner, admin, designer, person getting my money for the product and has nothing to do with this.

If you have a way to converse over this issue in private that would be much better.

And again, I am not here to join a forum, converse back and forth with pple that do not have anything to do with my purchase, I just want to get it working correctly so I can get on with my business.

Thanks

Hello;

Why don't you just use the F2 key,and see if this works for you,its been awhile since I've flown a prop,but I think this will work for you.As for FSUIPC,you'll have to do some reading,and to see exactly how to configure the joystick,or what ever you are using.The biggest thing I've found out using this system.is that you have to run most everything as Administrator in order to get it working.

Here is the link for FSUIPC,iyou should be able to find what you are looking for;http://forum.simflig...dowson-modules/And I'm pretty sure,that in order for what you are trying to do,you'll need the payware version.

Mark

Fsx Acc.

Windows 7

64bit

12gbit of ram

Installed on the D-drive

THe AP heading does not light anymore now I notice. It is the shift+3 key pop-up. The one on the virtual cockpit panel lights but not the pop-up.

Does this have something to do with the registry? CFG?

I tried the flight again and did not get the error this time.

Sorry? In one post you tell us you DON'T want support from a forum, and in the next you are asking for it again? And now we are back to another problem rather than the one you mentioned last? The Twin Otter uses the DEFAULT Maule autopilot. So any problems that originate with the Twotter but do NOT replicate with the default Maule are a result of the settings or hardware in your individual computer, how you have that computer set up, or the competence of the user.

This scattergun approach simply won't work. We have already told you where the problem lies. And you have already told us you prefer support in private, via the email route.

Good luck.

Sorry? In one post you tell us you DON'T want support from a forum, and in the next you are asking for it again? And now we are back to another problem rather than the one you mentioned last? The Twin Otter uses the DEFAULT Maule autopilot. So any problems that originate with the Twotter but do NOT replicate with the default Maule are a result of the settings or hardware in your individual computer, how you have that computer set up, or the competence of the user.

This scattergun approach simply won't work. We have already told you where the problem lies. And you have already told us you prefer support in private, via the email route.

Good luck.

It is exactly like this, because of idiots like you that have no idea what they are saying, that I do not wish to deal with support forums.

You have nothing to do with this (you are not staff, owner, designer, etc) except to have nothing better to do than search around forums interjecting your opinions which I expect like myself nobody wants but you will go on and on cluttering up pples threads won't you.

Your opinion has been noted. Please leave now and go play on someone elses thread and allow me to get this resolved by pple that know what they are talking about.

So you do not wish to practise what you preach? Can you not desist in cluttering up fora in which you apparently have no interest with your wild perambulations and absence of coherent structure to a troubleshoot?

You have ALREADY been given ALL the information you need to solve this problem - and that is regardless as to which problem you actually would like assistance with - autopilot; error and ctd; or reverse thrust. And actually I know considerably more than you which is, after all, how solutions are obtained...

The fact that you cannot or will not see that you have been assisted is really indicative of where the true problem lies.The fact that you don't like what I am saying does not make it any less valid, nor true...

And no, I will not play in someone elses thread, the topics here are of general interest and in the public domain, and there are lessons for others to learn here, even if you seem utterly incapable of grasping them.

The Twotter uses the default autopilot. If it's cutting out you have a problem unrelated to the addon.

The CTD could be caused by a number of different triggers. I've outlined the likely candidates. No, no, dont thank me, just insult me for trying to help when no-one else seems to give a sh!t and even the `official` presence has also had to ask for additional information, proving that you have no clue how to present your difficulty...

Reverse thrust is dealt with EXACTLY the same way as in the other two turboprops you specifically mentioned. How many times does this need repeating before it seeps into your consciousness? I even supplied two solutions, one of which you acknowledged, yet did not pursue? Why not?

I even wished you good luck in getting the problems resolved. And no `thanks` from you..?

Yes, I think we are all clear where the problem lies... and therein lies the lesson for the majority.

Hello Mica,

Snave has in actual fact given you sound advice for things to try.

The Twin Otter is being flown by many 1000's of happy customers so it indeed fit for purpose.

But for some unknown reason you seem reluctant to try anything put to you.

If you dont want to troubleshoot the issues then you may find the same problems causing issues with other add-ons you purchase further down the line.

Hello Mica,

Snave has in actual fact given you sound advice for things to try.

The Twin Otter is being flown by many 1000's of happy customers so is indeed fir for purpose.

You have been given many things to try and look into but you seem reluctant to try them for some reason.

If you dont want to troubleshoot these issues now then you may find other add-ons will have the same issues later on.