FPS on a new build

Rest of spec? Hard drive? Reasonable mobo? Shedload of ram? And then it all depends on the OS.

32-bit or 64-bit?

What you have asked is currently unanswerable. :groupflip_s:

Rest of spec? Hard drive? Reasonable mobo? Shedload of ram? And then it all depends on the OS.

32-bit or 64-bit?

What you have asked is currently unanswerable. :groupflip_s:

Os 32 or 64 bits don't really matter as fsx is a 32 bit program that can't use more then I thought 1 or 2 gigs of ram.

• Aerosoft

Os 32 or 64 bits don't really matter as fsx is a 32 bit program that can't use more then I thought 1 or 2 gigs of ram.

And still, we strongly advise Win7/64 as it is far more stable when memory is an issue. I got combination of scenery/aircraft here that will crash without a doubt on in a32 bit environment while they work fine in 64 bits.

• Aerosoft

Biostar H61MLB mobo

4gb ram with 64bit windows 7

regular 500gb SATA 2 HDD

It should a pretty strong combination. Personally I would add another 4gb of mem because the current prices are so nice. The additional memory would be used to cache stuff and that will make loading/reloading a bit smoother.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And still, we strongly advise Win7/64 as it is far more stable when memory is an issue. I got combination of scenery/aircraft here that will crash without a doubt on in a32 bit environment while they work fine in 64 bits.

I fully agree to this.

I had the same experience with my 32 bit Windows 7 system (CTD's due to memory issues or responses slowing down), and since I have switched to 64 bit all these problems are gone.

If you have the choice, please use 64 bit!

I have looked up some prices (germany) and the i5 2500 is just ~10 euros more, the gtx 560 ~15 (WITHOUT Ti).

I know together with RAM and 64-bit version there come a few things together, but later you'll be annoyed your result could have been better for less money ;)

And with the gtx 560 you have a much more newer card!

Hope there's nothing wrong with this since I'm not an expert :/