AES Compatibility Problem in Windows 7

Gurkovy

Greetings,

Since I got my new computer a year ago with the new Windows 7, I couldn't make the AES work.

It tells me to open the program from a diferent path but still doesn't work. Does someone know how to fix the problem? I would be very grateful.

Thanks,Gurkovy.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No problems here with win7 64bit. I assume that you have problems with access rights. So I strongly recommend you to:

1. Run everything as Administrator (not just as a user with Admin-rights!), best solution would be to turn UAC off.

2. NEVER install FSX and all related software under the default path c:\Program Files(x86).....

No problems here with win7 64bit. I assume that you have problems with access rights. So I strongly recommend you to:

1. Run everything as Administrator (not just as a user with Admin-rights!), best solution would be to turn UAC off.

2. NEVER install FSX and all related software under the default path c:\Program Files(x86).....

What?! Why? I have never heard that.

• Aerosoft

What?! Why? I have never heard that.

It's because Windows prevents a lot of processes to write to anything in the Program Files directories. Now a good add-on would never do that but we know of a lot that have their config files in the standard path of FSX and all of those will cause problems when you are not logged on with full rights. It's a total pain in the butt.