AES Remote Problems

geoffco

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I have been trying to get AES remote to work between my FS PC and a remote one that I use for ASA Weather, IvAp etc etc (mostly through WideFS). All I get is the the message 'connecting' and then 'disconnected' and the usual text saying to check IP config, FS running status or AC not at AES airport... FS is running, the aircraft is definately at an AES airport, the AES dude is standing by the nose :)

I have set the following things and based on this, I would have thought it would work!

FS PC (Xpx64, FS2004, AES2.13, IP 192.168.1.50)

-> Port 19540 allowed through windows firewall

-> ViMaCore.CFG file is as follows, the [Keys] and [ViMaCore] parts were there already:

[Keys]

ViMaCore=Modules\ViMaCore2004

[ViMaCore]

Code0=855

Name0=Cycle transp. interf. windows

[Net]

IPAddr=192.168.1.51

Port=19540

(I also tried IPAddr=<192.168.1.51> as it was unclear in the manual...)

Remote PC (XPx32, AESRemote 2.07, IP 192.168.1.51)

-> Port 19540 allowed through windows firewall

-> DLL file in Windows/System32 folder, Port set to 19540 and FS machine IP set to 192.168.1.50

FS restarted after changes. I also tried reinstalling AES. I know that the two PCs communicate fine as they run plenty of other 'remote FS' software already. Any ideas what I should try to do? If I start trying to change the port, what should I try changing it to??

Cheers,

Geoff

Geoff,

The IP address in the ViMaCore.cfg file on the FS PC should be 192.168.1.50 ( the IP address of the FS PC ) from what you have indicated. This should be a permanent IP and not DHCP assigned (which could change).

You should also set 192.168.1.50 in the AES Remote setup utility.

• Developer

As Stephen says, the IP in the CFG of the FS PC must be the adress, this PC is used to connect to your network.

The same Address need to be entered on the AESRemote Client side to define, which Address AESRemote should connect.

Important is, that you place your Aircraft to an AES activated Airport first, before you try to start AESRemote, as the Net-Interface on the FS PC is only activated after start of the FS, when AES is already active in the FS.

Here the description of the [NET] Section of the ViMaCore.CFG:

[Net]

; This section defines the network parameters:

; StartTCP: whether to start TCP/IP support (1) or not (0) on startup;

; this saves some machine resources until needed;

; modules like IntelliScene can start TCP/IP support later

; (default: 0)

; IPAddr: the IP address on which ViMaNET will listen for incoming client

; packets (default: 127.0.0.1)

; Port: the port for the above address (default: 19540)

Ahaa, so the ViMaCore.cfg IP address is that of the FS machine also. Ok, I had assumed that there should be the IP of the remote machine, from where the communication would come... My mistake for not reading the instructions carefully enough I guess. Will test later and hopefully that will now work! Thanks very much.

Geoff