Software & Launcher

Sizel

Thankyou for the swift response via support Shaun regarding my activation issue. I'm pleased to say all is now well.

This was brought about as i explained with the older version of Launcher 1.0.0.5 being installed after OMSI when i already had Version 1.0.0.8 installed. Both appeared to show my products as activated so i took the decision to delete the older Launcher version. This is where the issue started. OMSI would not start up due to not finding the (deleted) launcher and WoS3 had failed on the activation check even though it uses 1.0.0.8.

Question is, is there a way of all software being installed using the existing installed Launcher (The latest version)? For some reason both launchers were installed in different parts of the drive.

I understand why Aerosoft uses the Launcher but it would be reassuring to know that it won't interfere with the use of our paid software.

Again thanks for the help.

Thankyou for the swift response via support Shaun regarding my activation issue. I'm pleased to say all is now well.

This was brought about as i explained with the older version of Launcher 1.0.0.5 being installed after OMSI when i already had Version 1.0.0.8 installed. Both appeared to show my products as activated so i took the decision to delete the older Launcher version. This is where the issue started. OMSI would not start up due to not finding the (deleted) launcher and WoS3 had failed on the activation check even though it uses 1.0.0.8.

Question is, is there a way of all software being installed using the existing installed Launcher (The latest version)? For some reason both launchers were installed in different parts of the drive.

I understand why Aerosoft uses the Launcher but it would be reassuring to know that it won't interfere with the use of our paid software.

Again thanks for the help.

Hello Simon,

All I can suggest is to remove both using the Control panel and just install the latest.

Hello;

One of the things I find myself doing,is when the Aerosoft program is done installing,and it gives you the choice of installing the Launcher,just check the no box.And every once in awhile,I go to the Launcher site,and see if there is a newer version,and install it that way.

Mark

After this experience i will bear all this mind. I'm not completely used to the launcher yet and i don't recall noticing the option of installing (or not) the launcher after registering but will look out for it next time. Thanks.

Yes Shaun, i managed to uninstall both existing Launchers and installed one from the site. Thanks.