Anchorage X

CXA001

Anyone else having issues downloading Anchorage X?

I have been trying since last night to download this scenery and it keeps timing out.

I do not have any issues downloading any other productsfrom Aerosoft but I only have gotten as far as 1GB before it timed out on me.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Developer

As far as I know there is a second mirror server to download from. Maybe you can try this server.

Aerosoft staff will be back on Monday and sure assist you if it still fails to download.

Thorsten

Anyone else having issues downloading Anchorage X?

I have been trying since last night to download this scenery and it keeps timing out.

I do not have any issues downloading any other productsfrom Aerosoft but I only have gotten as far as 1GB before it timed out on me.

Any help would be appreciated.

I also had no problems with the file, downloaded in 20 mins.

I am 9 hours into download(3 times) i am now going to try mirror 2 download, this should not take this long on the other 2 attempts after download finished and i try to extract i get an error and unexpected end of file message, it is frustrating (must be a canadian thing this long download) . will advise in 3hours when mirror 2 downloads (how many trys do i get)

Dave Orr

I am 9 hours into download(3 times) i am now going to try mirror 2 download, this should not take this long on the other 2 attempts after download finished and i try to extract i get an error and unexpected end of file message, it is frustrating (must be a canadian thing this long download) . will advise in 3hours when mirror 2 downloads (how many trys do i get)

Dave Orr

Mirror 2 download did the trick (but it took over 3 hours), unzipped and installed O.K .

• Aerosoft

I had those problems when I was downloading Las Vegas........I thought it was just a coinsidence.....maybe not?

If you have problems downloading always mention where you are located and what you ISP is. In the last 6 weeks we had zero down time on the FTP servers we run and we have only had bandwidth issue during 18 minutes. But we can list you a few ISP's that caused problems for dozens of users and a whole continent (duh yeah Australia) that had slow downloads for week because of maintenance in one of the few cables running into that great country.

At this moment the two FTP service we offer run from different hardware but on the same connection (from Germany), We will see if we need to move one of the sources.

• 4 months later...

I'm having the same issue download times 6 to 8+ hours attempting mirror 2 as I type. 7 hours 50 min estimated DL time. Never had issues with any other Aerosoft product. (Anchorage 9, Frankfurt 9 and X, Munich, Paris). Location Phoenix AZ ISP COX commutations. I guess its not a Canadian thing, yet with all the Canadian license plates you see in Phoenix this time of year maybe you annexed the place.

OK 3 more try's 3 more errors I am unable to download this package from any of the servers. Please understand my frustration my funds transferred to your account on the initial attempt, yet I am unable to download my package after 8 attempts. Can you sent me a disk version via mail?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Understand that this frustrating for you, but if you read this, you will see that it seems to be a typical provider problem outside Aerosoft. Can you use another provider?

Thank you also posted there. my ISP is this way because they are the only game in town no real competition so no reason to do it right with out charging more

Have you contacted your ISP and informed them of your issues.

Got it. The download took almost 8 hours, the scenery is working fine. Well worth the wait. ISP customer service office was closed over the weekend. talked with others with similar issues with large downloads via this ISP. Thank you all for your support.