Cant find sound files.

Iain Emms

Well then chaps i need help with this one ive just bought the plane it seems to install alright but when i choose the plane in fsx the picture appears then as shown in the picture below i get all these messages appearing, im at a loss what to do over this ive even redownloaded the aircraft but still get the same errors when i choose it any help gratefully recieved with thanks.

145Untitled.jpg

cheers

Iain

Permissions issue, I'd guess.

Strange how he can be so strident about demanding a reply within three hours of the first at 8.37 pm, yet be so slow in helping others. User profile not completed either. Another `instant gratification` junkie..?

Sorry thats what your opion is of me i was a new member here on the forum and just asking a question of help, the problem was i had updated my Bios and left the sound disabled in the bios when i enabled the sound it installed with no problem so it was my mistake in the end Eric, im sorry to have bothered you people here i wont again.

cheers

Iain

Right, so no problem with the Katana X or installer then? Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Our criticism of you had nothing to do with your `newness` (although you obviously didn't take even a few moments to look at the forum before posting your own rush demand for immediate assistance to see what basic information is required for a troubleshoot. It's repeated ad nauseum in every single Support forum on this site - ask yourself HOW could we have assisted based on the too-limited information provided..?)

The rudeness came from not reporting back when you found your solution.So that it might inform and assist others and add to the body of knowledge. So thanks for correcting that. Why not complete your user profile so we know who you are?

rudeness from you is not because of any reason. You just plain fvcking rude to everybody.

As usual, your contribution is late, off-topic, blatantly hypocritical and about as much use as a chocolate teapot to the topic under discussion.

You really aren't taking your own advice to heart, are you..?

The rudeness came from not reporting back when you found your solution.So that it might inform and assist others and add to the body of knowledge. So thanks for correcting that. Why not complete your user profile so we know who you are?

Dear Simon,

I know my contribution here is late, but please take time to read this.

His name is Iain Emms, and he's one of the finest, most friendly, humble and polite people I've ever known. His contribution to FS Community is enormous. I thought you would know that, being an ORBX forum member.

Everyone of us has been a new forum member, at least once in his/her life. And sometimes, we post in a certain way, because we are used to do so. In this case, Iain may not have known that the activity over here is much lower than on ORBX forums, where you usually get an answer within the next hours. A newbie mistake, nothing serious, at least nothing serious enough to react the way you did. Now he's aware of all this. Let the new members a second chance, that's a behaviour which should be natural for everyone. Or, at least, be grateful he posted in the right forum, which shows he's making efforts.

It's the first (and the last) time I allow myself to criticise you, Simon, because I hate such debates. Especially in a rather friendly community like this one. I simply cannot understand your behaviour. You're not 16 anymore, are you? Why do you over-react like a teenager?

You're obviously very intelligent and knowledgable, that's why I respect you, as well as any other member around here. But I just don't and can't see why such a clever person would do what you're doing. There is a proverb in the country I'm from: "The difference between a clever and a sagacious person is that the clever one will manage to come out of complicated situations the sagacious would never run into." I suppose (I may be wrong, of course) that you use your rudeness to come out of these conflictual situations. You wouldn't have to do so, if you didn't create them.

That being said, please know that I'm not against you. I'm against your agressivity and rudeness. Be patient, that's it!

At Iain: please, come and bother us again, mate, it's no big deal. Unfortunately, you didn't get the most friendly member to answer you, that's the very least I can say. Don't worry, almost everyone is aware of him here. So come back if you need, mate!

Regards,

Just Fly.

Assuming it is the same Iain Emms, one might equally conclude his half-assed, peremptory demand for assistance, followed by an impolite reminder only a short time later, was even less excusable - glass half-empty, and all that..?

I don't judge the man, I judge the question and how it was framed, and how he took his answer and ran away with it. Now you're now blatantly off-topic, committing the same hypocrisy for which you erroneously condemn me - arguing the man and not the message. Actually perpetuating a topic that had already died a natural death, simply to make some irrelevant point. Not ONE WORD of assistance for Iain in your only contribution to this subject...

And make no mistake, he would NEVER have posted like that in the ORBX forums...