Gibraltar SeaGulls

Selkan

Iv'e just been given Gibralter Airport (for FSX) as a birthday present! Very impressed with it, but while sitting at the Gate, doing my check lists etc etc, I notice very loud and frequent SeaGull noises. I actually quite like the SeaGulls, a nice touch, but I wonder if they can be less loud, and play perhaps every 15-20 seconds? I have a 737-800 home built cockpit, and the SeaGull noise comes through my Headphone! If there is no way of spacing the noises, or making them less loud, perhaps a patch could be considered?

• Developer

Try the LXGBTraffic Tool you find in the Gibraltar Folder, there you can switch off the sounds.

Or you can use a WAVE Audioeditor tool to reduce the loudness of the file AES-Moewen.wav, you can find in the <fs>\SOUND\AES Folder.

• Developer

Mathijs, could I ask if there any reasons why the sound file could not be longer in duration?

It could, when there is a better longer source, the code will repeat the wav file as long as it is.

Hi Opabst and Mathijs, thanks for very quick response! Actually I have a sound editor - WavePad, so now I know which file to have a look at, I should be able to deal with the volume issue myself. Many thanks

Hey guys, I've looked all over the place for the sound file. Can anyone suggest where I should look, thanks. EDIT : Sorry should have read all the thread! Found the file, thanks.