Anchorage Download Fails

JPL19

Well, after spending THREE hours downloading Ancorage-X and 1/3 or less than my normal speed, it stops at 99% using Free Downlaod Manager, which I have used for years everywhere, including AEROSOFT. Wow, at least three more hours to try again, what a let down . . .

• Aerosoft

Well, after spending THREE hours downloading Ancorage-X and 1/3 or less than my normal speed, it stops at 99% using Free Downlaod Manager, which I have used for years everywhere, including AEROSOFT. Wow, at least three more hours to try again, what a let down . . .

The FTP server logs have been checked and there simply is no problem on our end. The server was up, never overloaded and we never used more then 25% of available bandwidth in the last 24 hours. So the problem you have is somewhere between our server and your computer and thus out of our control. That it stops at 99% however is an indication that it could be something ON your system. You got an automatic virus check on downloads? Some download managers will stop at 99% until that check is finished. And we know that some download managers + large files + virus checks can either crash a process on your system or take massive amounts of time (like half an hour). I seen that myself recently.

Blaming us for this however seems unreasonable.

If the problem however persist, please write to me at support@aerosoft.com and mention this thread.

If the problem however persist, please write to me at support@aerosoft.com and mention this thread.

Thank you Shaun. The second download completed fine, after about three and a half hours. To Raphael's question, I had tried both mirrors, as the first seemed slow, so I went to the second after seeing the speed not improve. The completed download was done off the first mirror. Anchorage is installed and running fine.

Shaun, I appreciate your offer of support.

Joe