Anchorage X released

• Developer

Hi,

not sure what exactly you´re asking for.

If you have a performance issue it is mostly related to Ultimate Terrain Alaska. Set "use library objects as buildings" to "use autogen buildings" in the Ultimate Alaska Setup tool for Anchorage area!

This will significantly improve the frames without the loss of objects. Using UT alaska will consume some frames, specially when using these thousands of library objects. On my PC (i7) I got a plus of 10 fps!

Other reason could be that you have too many AI aircrafts parking at Lake Hood, Z41 or Merrill Field and Elmendorf AB. Reduce AI, specially the general Aviation.

Traffic tool: This is only intended to switch on/off the AES Lite cars at several areas. Does not improve the frames siginficantly.

Ramp vehicles: Those are the default pushback tugs etc. Microsoft put into FSX. It is not possible to change the places where they appear. So in most cases they appear at the wrong place when making an airport like the real one. Switch them off, which will also improve the performance.

Parking assignments: Do you mean you miss some numbers painted at the ground (we put all in which are at the real airport) or do you miss a PDC chart? There ain´t any. I never came across a PDC chart for the cargo area despite one of Fedex themselves.

Thorsten

This will significantly improve the frames without the loss of objects. Using UT alaska will consume some frames, specially when using these thousands of library objects. On my PC (i7) I got a plus of 10 fps!

Ramp vehicles: Those are the default pushback tugs etc. Microsoft put into FSX. It is not possible to change the places where they appear. So in most cases they appear at the wrong place when making an airport like the real one. Switch them off, which will also improve the performance.

Parking assignments: Do you mean you miss some numbers painted at the ground (we put all in which are at the real airport) or do you miss a PDC chart? There ain´t any. I never came across a PDC chart for the cargo area despite one of Fedex themselves.

Thorsten

Thanx Thorsten

1> Will try Ultimate X Alaska - adjustments...

I set the frame rate at 20...I'll ....try it at 10...

2> " Ramp vehicles: Those are the default pushback tugs etc. Microsoft put into FSX. " -

Where in the FSX settings - do you adjust this....??? ie: Turn OFF...???

3> " Parking assignments: Do you mean you miss some numbers painted at the ground " -

I'll look at the Ground...area's again an see - If I can see them.... as I said I did't see any IN FRONT of

N-7.....( I'll Looks again.....Blind in one Eye & Can't see Out of other ...Thingie...<grins>

UpDate... I Looked and All that is showing is - WHITE [ ] - areas with No Markings in [ ] .. on Asphalt

Do see. the Yellow / Black Position ...on Bldg's

4> What are you using to Get the Great Screen Shots.....as in these:

Do you have a Vehicle to Drive to Different Locations - for these Beautiful Shots....???

( http://www.aerosoft....=panc-anchorage )

btw....If you ever Plan in Coming Back to Anchorage....Love to TAKE YOU to Dinner.....<Grins>

THANX Again for Your Help.... LOVE --- ANCHOARGE X

Chris

NLink-AD%20MASTR-320x91.jpg

http://www.northlinkva.com/welcome-asft.html

• Developer

answer to Nr.1:

No need to set the framrate to 10! Keep it at 20 or at best set it to unlimited which is the best performance for FSX.

Use the Ultimate Terrain Alska Setup tool and make the changes from Library Buildings to autogen buildings.

On my PC (i7) the framerate went up from 20 to 34 when using UT Alaska and making these changes.

Nr.2: FSX Ramp Vehicles:

While FSX is running go to the menu OPTIONS/SETTINGS/DISPLAY and choose TRAFFIC. There´s an entry "AIRPORT VEHICLE DENSITY"

Move the slider to NONE. (at best make the same with ROAD VEHICLES, SHIPS AND FERRIES and LEISURE BOATS as those are depending on the area you´re flying also very demanding to the framerate.

Nr.3

Parking Position N7 is marked at the ground. In reality there is an old pole at the the end with an AGNIS system which is out of order. So we did not put it into the scenery. But like at all othe places there is a Marshaller to give you the correct stop sign. I cannot see any white areas. Maybe you can post a screenshot.

Nr 4: I made those screenshots with the cockpit view of a standard cessna with 2 D panel switched off. Compare those to Anchorage X in your FSX. It should look exactly the same.

would like to have a dinner in Anchorage, but I´m not sure when I´ll come back to Alaska. (But Im pretty sure I will come back, just don´t know when)

Thorsten

Thank you again ...for the Detailed ....explanations....

as for ?3.... the [ ] on asphalt....is just Typical Markings...on Pk ..Spots ( probably no spot marking tended to be in brackets...sim wide )

Offer still ...applies..for a Dinner...<grins>

Chris

Anchorage X is terrific! For those using DX10, if you are getting flickering runways at some of the intersections (as I was), you can get rid of the flickering by modifying the AFCAD. Using an AFCAD editor (I used AFX) , just add a very small and short concrete taxiway, (it can be really small, 1 ft wide, no lines or lighting) on top of a section of asphalt tarmac area (somewhere you won't notice it) such as underneath a terminal building. Save or recompile the AFCAD, restart FSX, and no more flickering! Anyone know where I should add parking for Iliamna Air Taxi? I did not see a designated parking spot on the AFCAD for them, but I have added them to my AI traffic.

Thanks for a great product.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Very very beautiful scenery although I got a small problem. Today I flew to it for the first time. But when i was taxiing in to gate B1 there was no Marshaller or Visual docking system. Although AES came active after setting parking brake. Is it because you forgot it or is there something wrong with my scenery?

After a quick check around the airport I noticed that B1 is the only gate/stand with no marshaller

Yours Sincerely,

Kevin

Hi,

Very very beautiful scenery although I got a small problem. Today I flew to it for the first time. But when i was taxiing in to gate B1 there was no Marshaller or Visual docking system. Although AES came active after setting parking brake. Is it because you forgot it or is there something wrong with my scenery?

After a quick check around the airport I noticed that B1 is the only gate/stand with no marshaller

Yours Sincerely,

Kevin

Anyone else notice this issue at Gate B1 with AES.

• 2 weeks later...

Grabbed this courtesy of the 20th Anniversary sale. Look forward to trying it out in a few days, once I do a complete reinstall/upgrade to Win7. The system should then be ready to enjoy Ultimate Terrain Alaska and Anchorage X in a low and slow tour.

Hi,

I bought Anchorage X yesterday. Up to now I have only seen a few of the details which are present at that airport. I think it looks fantastic and the AESLite cars add a lot of realism too. I haven't seen a big impact in performance on my rig. The default Baron has a average of 33 FPS (locked to 30 FPS) on the whole area. Ofcourese with Addon Airplanes like the PMDG NGX the FPS are a little bit lower (22FPS) but that is still playable and also I think that isn't the fault of the scenery.

Last summer I was in Anchorage and walked arround Lake Hood. Yesterday I flew a part of that route with a helicpoter and I have to say that Anchorage X is very close to the rality. Lot's of buldings remembered me to my summer holliday, like the Regal Air base at Lake Hood and the house with the big glass front near to it. I have been there in the reality and now I also have been there in FSX. Awsome!

But one thing got my attention because in real it is diffrent. I am talking about the hold short lines at Ted Stevens International airports. First to say the flashing lights left and right of the taxiway are correct. But the red lamps which get green when you get closer to them, seem to be wrong. At least when I was in Anchorage this summer they had Yellow light on that hold short lines. Between the lamps there where about 3 feet space. They were also flashing. So one lamp was on and the next was off, so that there was 6 feet space between them. Maybe that is a reason for one of the FSX limitation. Maybe it is only me counting peas. Or maybe it can be fixed. :)

Once again, you did a great job with Anchorage X! I like it very much.

Jonathan

• Developer

But one thing got my attention because in real it is diffrent. I am talking about the hold short lines at Ted Stevens International airports. First to say the flashing lights left and right of the taxiway are correct. But the red lamps which get green when you get closer to them, seem to be wrong. At least when I was in Anchorage this summer they had Yellow light on that hold short lines. Between the lamps there where about 3 feet space. They were also flashing. So one lamp was on and the next was off, so that there was 6 feet space between them. Maybe that is a reason for one of the FSX limitation. Maybe it is only me counting peas. Or maybe it can be fixed. :)

Hi,

attached you find a replacement, where the lights works as you explained it.

Make a Backup of the PANC_ZLIB.BGL in the PANC Airport Scenery directory and replace the file with the attached once.

PANC Stopbar Test.zip

• Developer

Is it possible to keep the train, but turn off the sound?

No,

but you have two options:

In the <FSX>\SOUND\AES Folder, you can find the Trainsounds, named AL-PANC-T1.wav to AL-PANC-T3.wav

1 ) You use a standard soundfile editor to reduce the volumes of the sound, if they are to loud for you

2 ) You rename them to *.OFF, so that they are not found and played.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I just discovered that some signs on taxiway have wrong positions, they are in the middle of taxiway. (several, look at that who goes beside (right side) RW14 from cargo area down to RW7, FSX)

Anyone else seen this?

Brgds

Stein-Ove

post-34127-0-08458300-1318443194_thumb.j

post-34127-0-35002700-1318443209_thumb.j

Hi Stein,

Took a look and I'm not seeing what you are.

Everything looks correct.

Maybe you have a conflicting AFCAD?

Bob

Thank's for answer.

No conflicting Afcad here, but did a repair via installer and it's ok now.

stein-Ove

• 2 weeks later...

No date on this yet as we are awaiting information from the external developers.

Good day Shaun/aerosoft, has there been any further update from the developers on the fs9 version?

thank you in advance